This open-faced bronze helmet has a bright green patina to it. The crown of the helmet is ringed by 8 cobra heads looking in all directions. The eyes of the cobras glimmer with bright red rubies.
The helm was a gift from the King of Ophidians C 380 to the then emperor of the west. It grants the wearer the following abilities in addition to its function as armor:
Can speak with and understand ophidian languages,and allows basic comprehension of saurian languages.
Resistance to vertebrate venoms, except that of the helmet itself.
Once per minute one of the heads can spit poison up to 20’. A successful hit can blind the victim for 1d6 rounds.
Once per round, one of the heads can strike as with a venomous bite (treat as a cobra for damage and hit probability) a target within close melee range of the wearer. Each head can do this once per day.
If the wearer is a spellcaster, any Ophidian, Saurian or Reptilian themed magic is mildly enhanced.
A true Ophidian can command the helmet to strike it’s wearer with a poisonous bite. This can be done once per round an unlimited number of times.
And yes, the original Emperor of the West was slain when negotiations took an unfortunate turn.
When you are under siege, you have nothing but time. But the abundance of time is just as much of a weight as the enemy outside the gates. It is time for the Citadel to develop a creative Stimulus Package to support the Strolenati during this unique time. After no deliberation and no votes, the following will be the procedures followed through the the Citadel Stimulus Quest. (Subject to change, amendment, and adjustment as needed.)
- Every Monday a minimum influx of $40 will be added to the Stimulus Package to keep the Creative Citadel Economy out of a Recession.
- The Stimulus Package will accumulate $40 weekly until there are 5 unique author submissions.
- Authors can write as many submissions as they like and each will be considered on their own merits.
- On the Sunday after the 5 author requirement is met, the 5+ submissions by 5+ authors will be weighed and measured by the Strolenati.
- Whomever is determined as the winner(s) will receive funds (as determined by the Strolenati) that have collected in the Stimulus Package.
- On Monday, if winners were awarded, the Stimulus Package will be re-established at $40 and the quest will restart.
- The quest will continue in this cycle until such a time that the Strolenati Council has deemed the siege over.
Current Stimulus Package: $160 Next Update: Apr 8 Contributors: Strolen, Murometz
Round 1 completed May 10: 7 Weeks - $280 in Stimulus reserves. Since it was the first round, and the amount was enough to pass around, we decided everyone who took the time deserved something. So sayeth the Strolenati.
1. Scrasamax - $115
2. Ted - $75
3. manfred - $50
4. Siren no Orakio - $20
5. valadaar - $10
6. Aramax - $10
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (3)-3
New term: ”Ophidian givers”.
Fun. A great magic item with powers and some history.