101 Useless or Trivial Super/Mutant Powers
In a world where mutant powers are real, not everyone can be a Storm, Cyclops or Wolverine. Here's a list of super powers for those who were a little less lucky. They probably won't want to be sharing them anytime soon.
Â As a superhero or mutant, you have gained the power to:
- Run twice as fast when naked
- Make any candle burn with the power of two lumens
- Know the full ancestry and family history of a person you don't know
- Know whether a plane will crash after it has taken off
- Change your ears to any shape imaginable
- Teleport - but only to work
- Time travel - but only to next Monday.
- Accurately predict the score of any amateur mini-golf match
- Predict the last three finishers of any horse race
- Make anything taste like garlic
- Gain control over one atom at a time
- Change the message in anyone's fortune cookie
- Change wine to water
- Change silver to lead and gold to tungsten
- Become completely nonbouyant
- Increase or decrease the temperature of a room by 5 degrees
- Make one other person believe that they have super powers
- Instantly identify the source of any smell
- Sweat Gatorade
- Instantly gain as much weight as you like (you still have to work it off)
- Make yourself invisible to one person at a time
- Talk to pigeons
- Hear what dogs are saying, but be unable to speak back
- Turn any carpet to shag
- Grow a tail (it has to be cut off)
- Get a song stuck in someone else's head
- Make anyone say an inappropriate word by pointing at them
- Locking eyes with someone for a few seconds will cause them to urinate uncontrollably
- Change anyone's keyboard layout to DVORAK
- Make anyone .5 inches taller or shorter, but only when concentrating on that person
- Give anyone an ice-cream headache
- Excrete a pheromone that makes you utterly repulsive to members of the opposite gender
- Speak puns in any language
- Always know the location of the nearest public restroom
- Emit a weak radioactive field
- Bend all your joints backwards
- Observe someone else's dreams
- Use your saliva as a weak glue
- Rearrange your facial features
- Re-size any clothing to fit you perfectly
- Make anything smell like wet dog
- Slightly increase the effect of gravity around you
- Make yourself test positive for any drug
- Perfectly imitate the sounds from a modem, car alarm and microwave
- Know your enemy's biggest personality flaw
- Make any stain permanent
- Infuse water with the scent ofÂ pineapple
- The ability to predict the results of any game played on a Tuesday
- Attract lighting strikes
- Increase someone's blood alcohol content through kissing
- Forget the past hour of your life at will
- Always land on your feet
- Instantly turn milk to yogurt
- Make your own hands super slippery
- Know the middle name of anyone you encounter
- Decrease the denomination of any bill by touching it
- Run as quickly backwards as you can forwards
- Make any liquid instantly become room temperature
- Make a sound that will attract every cat within a half mile radius
- Force all your body hair - including that on your head - to fall off at once
- Drink salt water safely
- Always remember if you're forgetting something
- Always know where true North is
- Predict to the minute the next rainfall
- Always look like the wind is blowing through your hair, even indoors
- Change the color of your urine
- Transform into a minnow
- Know if someone is watching you
- Remember anything you read, but only for a day
- Sprout daisies under your feet as you walk
- Piss weak beer
- Teleport one inch in any direction
- Flap your arms so fast you can hover for up to five seconds
- Set your own hair on fire
- Shed your skin like a snake
- Slow time down, but only for yourself
- Jump twice as high as a normal person
- Grow feathers in place of hair
- Predict any coin flip, as long as you've touched the coin first
- Create a two square foot spot of shade
- Glow in the dark like a glowstick
- Fill a room with confetti
- Un-salt food.
- Make any pillow explode in a burst of stuffing
- Fart rainbows
- Make others taste a nasty aftertaste
- Make soda go flat with a touch
- Puff muscles up with air/water to make them look bigger
- Know what color underwear any person was wearing yesterday
- Redirect the glare of the sun with your hand like a mirror
- Make a clock run backwards (not time, just the clock)
- Create a Marilyn Monroe upskirt wind at will (with effort can cause cape flapping breeze for effect)
- Extend belly to beyond largest pregnant size
- Hear radio frequencies in your head
- Pour a cup of water from finger daily
- Make someone feel pins and needles in their limbs while concentrating on them hard enough
- Know what someone wants the instant before they do (only trivial things, though)
- Use your dandruff as a mild sedative
- Control one frog at a time
- Make plants grow slightly faster by singing lullabyes to them
- Cry Tobasco sauce
102: Can conjure a single thumbtack per day
103: Make perfect paper airplanes, every time.
104: Change Raisin cookies to chocolate chip cookies
105: Can tell the BPM of any song playing.
106: Your saliva acts as saline solution
107: The roof of your mouth is bulletproof
108: Actually know the song someone is thinking of when they say 'You know, it's that one song .. that goes ... '
109: Cure headaches by slapping people's foreheads.
110: Know the combination to anyone's high school locker once they are no long in high school.
111: Bleed Ketchup (He's faking! It's just ketchup! Shoot him again!)
112: Correct eyeglass prescriptions with your bare hands. (still need to know what prescription they need...)
113: Sing with your mouth closed/full
114: Always find exact change for the bus one minute before it arrives at the bus stop.
115: Inflate anything to the correct pressure by blowing on it one time. Balloons, footballs, bike tires, weather balloons, Big Rig Tires, bounce houses, etc ...
116: knowing your velocity.
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (9)-9
Thanks to Strolen, Ted and Chaosmark for their input in the forums.
A wand of wonder for the Superheroes set. I do love these type of lists! Some weirdly useful (21, 75, 83, 31, lol, 44, etc...), some excruciatingly trivial and ridiculously annoying! (101).
(and for all its lovely silliness, its a perfect print-out page for the notebook of any Supes/Mutants GM).
This is fun, and endowing characters with these would be a fun way to test their creativity.
Instant random ring/side effect list for non-supers!
Some of those would be quite useful.
'Worst. Superpower. Ever.'
Coming up with these are always fun. Then trying to figure out how the heck to use them is even more so.
Silly, of which I am a fan, my only gripe is that I actually created a Mutants and Masterminds character whose power was #76. Spun controlling time for himself into eidetic memory, improved awareness and reactions, and planning things out. He was always the calm good guy. Good sub none the less, and I added a few.
Many could be used as cantrips as well.