Looking for more ideas, I want about a hundred events in total. Right now I'm at 42. This needs to be actions taken within a 5year period of time that goes beyond the basics of everyday life and somehow either changed history/the face of a country/settlement or adds some flavour to the character. This is primarily meant for rulers of a country or heroes/heroines.
- Disfigured during; roll again
Injured during; roll again
Long Dreary Journey
Lost a battle
Lost a companion
Did something evil on purpose
Tricked into doing something evil
Found a new companion
Won a battle
Feat of strength
Feat of intelligence
Survived despite great hardships
Made a great Discovery
Found something of importance
Saved someone of importance
Lied about something
Built something grand
Founded an order
Founded a settlement
Ended a great threat/plot
Wrote something (e.g. Diplomacy related, love letter, book, laws etc).
- Magic ; 1d6 ;
- 2. Incident
- 3. Item
- 4. Person; (1d6 – 1,2,3; Hostile encounter, 4,5,6; Positive encounter)
- 5. Monster; (1d6 – 1,2,3,4; Ordinary monster, 5,6; Legendary monster)
- 6. Dragon
Act of benevolence
Divine Encounter; (1d6 – 1,2; Evil God, 3,4 angel or lesser, 5,6; Good god)
Tried to make amends for something
Started a new fashion/trend
Focused on raising his/her child/living a normal life
Granted the nobles something
Granted a foreign nation something
Introduced something new to his/her country
Worked towards integrating outcasts in society
Worked towards modernizing the country
Reconciled with someone
Translated an old text
Trained a protege
Increased his/her wealth
Additional Ideas (8)
44. Converted to a different faith
45. Became patron of scientific works
46. Married a political rival's relative
47. Banished significant ethnic group from territory
48. Scandalized by false accusations
49. Foiled assassination attempted
50. Divorced from spouse
51. Produced illegitimate children
52. Crushed popular rebellion
53. Seized control of rival territory
55. Discovered a new Species of:
A. 1-50%---- Animal
B. 51-100%--- Magical Animal
A. 1-20% Fruit
B. 21-50% Vegetable
C. 51-75% Herb
D. 76-89% Flower
E.90-100% Other.....Probably Carnivorous...or some kind Cthulhu love- child thing
A 1-45% Medicinal properties
B 46-75% Poisonous properties
C 76-100% Magical Properties
76-100% Humanoid creature.
56: Discovered an old text which Discribes a creature that has a different name than what is known Presently. ( Bugbears or gnomes might be good examples)
57: Accidently awakened a long forgotten creature, not seen in 100's of years
58: Made great attempts at discovering a new form of magic.
59: Mage Great attempts at finding a forgotton treasure.
60: Has made a new kind of magic that mixes cooking/baking with traditional magic practices.
61. Encountered someone else who became famous or influential
62. Received an award for excellence in a unique hobby (flyfishing, rugmaking, skydiving)
63. Received an award for excellence in a field unrelated to their talents (It turns out draining the rice bog to combat malaria increases rice production)
64. Pioneered a new sport or game.
65. Founded a small town (with a few other pioneers).
66. Refined a chemical or academical process (invented a better catalyst, discovered alternative conditions)
67. Forged or enchanted a famous weapon or armor.
68. Used to serve at the royal court. as a (clerk, treasurer, stenographer, maid, assistant, researcher)
69. Formerly a well known hunter of (bugbears, ettercaps, wolves, carp)
70. Formerly a well known performer of (song, dance, instrument)
"Dont go in them woods BOY, there be wild Carp Wondering all up-an-in-there, you know the horror stories about them Carp..."
~Old Man "DeepOne"~
72. Unleashed an old terror/foreign (as in from outerspace, another dimension etc.) threat on the world
73. Survived a plague
74. Lived as a monk/priest
75. Rediscovered/pioneered a doomsday spell
76. Discovered an ancient ruin of extinct culture
77. Chased after the image in a compelling dream
78. Had been a spy in operation in foreign countries
79. Discovered about royal lineage and the ensuing attempt to reclaim the throne
80. Lived as a bounty hunter/man-for-hire
81. Lost memories and on the hunt for personal identity
83. Once met the Prince of All Cats, and received his blessing.
84. Is the evil twin. Has killed the good twin. Or was that vice versa?
85. Has anterograde amnesia. Cannot remember anything that happened after being struck by lightning.
86. Is being possessed by a friendly ghost.
87. Is being possessed by a friendly ghost from the future. Has difficulty not revealing the future.
88. Due to an ancient, failed resurrection scheme, is actually a genetic clone of an ancient, evil wizard.
89. Gay and out.
90. Transgendered but it's a secret.
91. Bisexual and NOT a nymphomaniac. Actually sorta vanilla between the sheets. Serial monogamist.
93. Training forever for a contest they've already lost. Kinda sad, really.
94. Pretends to be single. Has a crazy spouse living in the attic.
95. Has a fetish for a culture across the globe. Dress, speech, manners. Think of an otaku prince in Camelot.
96. Militant athiest. Makes fun of clerics. Suffers from several curses bestowed by disgruntled clerics.
97. Addicted to licking toads.
98. Owns a sacred scroll of kung fu. Trains daily. Looks for opportunities to use. Fails consistently.
99. Older sibling jealous of younger, perfect sibling, who is the savior of the world according to prophecy.
100. Terrified of lists. If a ruler, they will outlaw them at the first opportunity.
82. Once met a god in the guise of an old man/woman. Truth or hallucination. Either way, very religious.
83. Is from an ancient bloodline of Very Bad People. Trying make up for family name. Or are they?
84. Is prophesied to kill one parent and marry the other (a la Oedipus).
85. Crippled best friend in a moment of jealousy. Has regretted it every since.
86. Gave up birthright in order to experience poverty.
87. Anterograde amnesia from traumatic event. Cannot form new memories. Still thinks they're 21.
88. Holds to the key to a locked city, sealed away because of a plague.
89. Gay/bisexual/queer and proud of it. Despised by the major religion & fundamentalists everywhere.
90. Is the evil twin. Has killed the good twin. Or was that vice versa? No one is sure.
91. Despite being a good, honest person, was recently prophesied to destroy the world. Conflicted.
92. Has assumed power under a lie. Maybe a bastard impersonating another sibling.
93. Spent 40 years asleep as a result of a poison/curse. Might be aged or unaged, whichever is cooler.
94. Has sailed farther than almost anyone else. Tells unbelievable stories. (Think Marco Polo).
95. Has a fetish for a different culture. Dress, speech, manners. Think of an otaku prince in Camelot.
96. Militant atheist. Makes fun of clerics. Suffers from several curses bestowed by disgruntled clerics.
97. Killed the last unicorn.
98. Is part of a hostage exchange between warring royalty. If killed under any circumstances, war results.
99. Pretending to be insane while planning to murder man who has married mother.
100. loves one of the "bad guys". Think Romeo and Juliet. (But maybe dwarves and elves or something)
102. Personality change when afflicted by disease, change 1 Quality into a Flaw.
103. Prolonged inactivity, gain 1 Flaw. If the Npc has the Athletic/Strong or Healthy Quality/Qualities, remove them.
104. Prolonged Isolation, gain the Paranoid Flaw. If the Npc allready has that Flaw, add another one.
105. A change in lifestyle, roll on the Traits table again, add 1 Quality/Flaw.
106. Started to exorcise(Roll 1d4; 1,2 gain the Athletic/Strong Quality, 3,4 gain the Healthy Quality).