Give me a break.
Anyone else tired of this? I know I am. The Necromancer, this poor guy has born the brunt of fantasy villany for Lord knows how long. Untold numbers of places have been ruined by his passage, or heaven forbid his eating lunch there once. Legions of heroes have sprung up to slay him and his armies of undead. Where did all of the undead come from, did no one notice him stealing all of the corpses from the graveyard?
In truth, this magnitude of evil is rarely, if ever reached. The typical fantasy Necromancer exists on a world altering level of evil equivalent to Adolf Hitler. Anyone who espouses such malevolence is invariably a demon, or a human who acts like a demon and looses quite a bit of credibility. In its own way, the Necromancer has been ritually abused just like the elf, the dwarf and the orc.
you know what that means don’t you?
I know some of you do, some fingers are already itching to give their ideas.
Time for an eXtreme makeover: Necromancer Edition
Additional Ideas (2)
I would point to Nobody's use of a Necromancer in "The Last War". Not the typical dark sorcerer, but someone who has a different world view. Nihilistic, perhaps, but not "evil". Obviously, if I faced death by the hand of a necromancer or his/her minions, I would fight this as an "evil", but, if I were resurrected to eternal life in death, I might conclude I was ignorant to that point.
I have enormous trouble logging into Strolen's new website... I have to log in several times to get it to "take". Sorry.
- Albus Sintaba NPCs By: Scrasamax
- Bren Bloodblade NPCs By: Siren no Orakio
- Doctor Adamson and Jillia NPCs By: Siren no Orakio
- Doctor Mirabilis NPCs By: Wulfhere
- Hazenbrazen and Gribaldy NPCs By: Pieh
- James Lorus NPCs By: necromancer
- Jorlek the Undying NPCs By: Siren no Orakio
- Norbert the Creepy NPCs By: Scrasamax
- Professor Tamar NPCs By: valadaar
- Shelandra Batwind NPCs By: MoonHunter
- The Zhardun Society/ Organizations By: Dragonlordmax