4D wasps are one of the lesser time travelling threats, but it can still be deadly.Very little is known about this vicious predator as their victims seldom survive..Minor hiccups in time draw these creatures out of the 4D world and into ours. it never truly comes into our world . This gives its disjointed looking body as parts fade in and out These are most frequently encountered as a by product of a mage you are hostile with, does time magic, opening a small rip in the fabric of reality.. Powerful divination spells are also sources of the time rips.As the creature moves through our reality, time itself will attempt to correct this aberration, resulting in the wasps looking like it is jumping in time, moving backward in time.
It is very difficult to give details about what a time travelling threat would be like but here is a table of encounters that you can use
Roll a d12 once every D6 days.and follow the results
1) Wasp attacks party member A Wasp does d8 damage and is armor as plate
2) as #1 but attacks player B
3) as #1 but attacks player C
4) Wasp attacks players A-C , one attack each D4 Damage and Armor as Leather
5) Wasp appears ghostly and does nothing and cannot be harmed. goes away after d6 Hours of following the party.
6) Wasp makes one attack on parties mage or if no mage, cleric , for d6 damage, armor as chain and shield
7) Wasp explodes after first damage to it(stats as #1) attacking player D and exploding for d4
8) Wasp attacks last night according to the parties now changed memory, all awake w a net of d4 damage though this is not used to put anyone below 2
9)Wasp attacks every d6 hours from now on, roll for encounter, if this is rolled again ignore result and roll again
10) Wasp attacks every d6 turns d4+1 times, roll d8 for encounter result. for each encounter. If wasp is killed it, is killed permanently
11) Wasp has triple hit points and it goes after the first player that does damage to it, AC as plate damage d8 and regenerats d6 hp per round
12) wasp manifests as if there were D4+1 copies of it. and each wasp getsan attack for d4(armor as chain., randomly blinking around battlefield, this is only enountered once, if this result is rolled a second time use #7.
Additional Ideas (2)
> notable dungeon rooms
> a famous inn
> a beautiful glade
>a smoke belching volcano
you get the idea.
Take a snapshot of a boss or well planed encounter and then rerun the encounter w a wasp. Be very careful in you notes and for greatest difficulty start the encounter w the battle half way through it, taking care to record current HP spell or spell points(Would love to hear back on this as I am not currently playing)