The Heir, Sylvie Blackburn: The illegitimate heir to the throne, Sylvie is finding herself in the middle of intrigue and danger now that she knows that she is at the center of the succession crisis, not Reginald.
The Spy, Valen Aventura: A mystery to his companions, Valen proves slippery and untrustworthy the majority of the time. Can the party trust their talented but immoral friend?
The Drunk Blacksmith, Ruz: Finding himself becoming concerned with the plight of the workers on Frond's estate, will Ruz become a champion of the downtrodden and poor?
The Blind Girl, Adriene: Ruz's adopted daughter. Blinded in an accident in the past, Adriene takes a constant dislike to Ruz's alcoholism.
The Huntress, Bretia Faulkner: With a fear of magic, Bretia is having a very hard time acclimating to the presence of Rowena, the Witch.
The Ranger, Althalos Yerel: Althalos has spent the majority of the last sessions talking to trees while his player deals with school.
The Witch, Rowena Foxglove: At a loss to get to know Valen and befriend Bretia, Rowena is finding herself in the middle of some unfriendly group dynamics.
The Disgraced Captain of the Guard, Albert Nash: Albert's player will never see the twist concerning his character coming.
The Heir Pretender, Reginald: <-Just click his name, it's a link.
The Retired Historian, Morano: The now-reclusive historian has raised Sylvie since her birth, and now hopes to place her on the throne. Captured as of the end of session two.
The Ultimate Archer, Lenny: The perilous triggerman of High Baron Fruit, Lenny is finding himself pulled into the group Morano originally hired.
Lucretia, Agrivaine's Betrothed: The youngest daughter of the Valewardens, Lucretia is a Locust Agent, feverishly devoted to his cause- something her future husband and the players aren't aware of.
Session 23 Gameplay
After learning that some documents they had secured from a dead drop had been stolen, with the trap reset, the players were called to Obyn's shop to speak with him.
My players quickly found themselves within a trap that Obyn had set for them- locking them in his office with its reinforced doors, placing a rod of metal in the door handles and having Solomon use magic to remove the air from the room causing all the PCs to suffocate.
Althalos takes out the documents from his pants. "I'd rather pass out comfortable."
Taken into the basement of Obyn's shop, the interrogation began. After repeated questions and some torture via Solomon's lightning spells, the party began divulging information.
- They came to Cranson to try and find where Morano had been taken.
- They learned of the Locust from the group responsible for kidnapping Morano
- Sylvie names Morano as her guardian
- Obyn learns Reginald's name
- Althalos lets drop that the group was hired by Morano to protect the heir and guarantee his safety- implying that Reginald is the heir. Levi Bosner who observed the entire interrogation confirms that Althalos is likely telling the truth about trying to protect the heir.
At this point, Solomon is left alone with the party to vent his frustrations- something that he takes to by zapping multiple members of the party with lightning.
Rowena, Zarek, Lenny and Agrivaine eventually interrupt the torture, with Agrivaine chopping off one of Solomon's fingers before the mage releases a concussive burst of air that incapacitates everyone else in the room. By this point, The Wraith and Obyn have escaped, making their way towards a hideout Obyn has maintained as part of his mercantile business. Solomon makes his way to Valewarden manor, where the protection of the Duke is extended to him.
Reginald, Morano and Valen have also entered a hideout- one put together by Kimber and Nira during the commotion in Obyn's stop.
The party refuses to inform Agrivaine about the situation at hand. He leaves, downtrodden.
Bretia- I learned just how hateful Bretia can be
Sylvie- Obyn is a bastard
Valen- (Was absent this session)
Albert- Knowing who to trust is hard
Ruz- Ruz might be strong but he can't break down walls
Althalos: I learned how to conduct a proper interrogation today
Bretia to Ruz: For being a derp
Rowena to Valen:
Sylvie to Albert: For trying to get out of Obyn's office and pissing off Solomon
Althalos to Bretia: For trying to shoot an arrow through a wall
Ruz to Rowena: For showing up in time to help save everyone
Albert to Althalos: For taking one for the team
- Valen and Bretia go to see Agrivaine. Valen tries to pass himself off as the heir, something that Agrivaine immediately dismisses.
"I believe it at what it is worth- about half." Agrivaine says. "Your group is loyalist, attempting to support the heir that the Dredge brothers so helpfully announced is alive."
He rests a hand on Lucretia's. "Although why you'd try such a flimsy attempt to proclaim yourself as the heir is beyond me."
- The tunnels beneath Obyn's shop have been mysteriously closed off. Thanks to dumb luck, Althalos manages to find the release mechanism that opens the tunnel exit.
- Albert learns from Reece the porter that Obyn took a group of his workers out of Cranson towards the Northwest. Upon investigating it himself, Albert meets Valen, Althalos and Bretia right as they stumble out of the tunnels that are under Obyn's shop.
- After gathering the party before venturing forth, the group moves onto Obyn's hideout.
- Valen immediately triggers a trap that pummels the entire group with stones in the entrance, which in turn alerts the guards.
- A short but bloody fight ensued, with the players nimbly cutting through everyone they encountered.
- The trek through Obyn's hideout continued, ending with a particularly bloody battle.
- Ruz almost had his head impaled on a Rapier but Althalos tackled him to the ground before the blow could connect.
- Levi Bosner used a smoke bomb of some kind to escape once he realized the fight was turning against him.
- The players found Obyn in a exact replica of his shop office located in the very back of the hideout. He was stabbed through the abdomen by Levi.
- Obyn's hideout is full of valuables the players might want to see about looting.
A Large Pearl: $735
A Large Tourmaline: $1706
A Garnet: $569
Azurite Ring: $101
3 ounces of Cloves: $450
9 ounce of Mustard: $342
3 ounces of Allspice: $450
"The Hunger of the Fangs"- A painting depicting a scene from a prophecy
"The WildFire"- A painting that depicts the organization that hunts slave traders in the Southern Deserts
1 wrecked Steel Corselet- will require extensive repairs
1 greatsword- Only worth $100
4 medium shields- relatively worthless given the damage to them
5 broadswords- combat damaged - $500
6 Bottles of Tyvian Red Wine- $600
1 Bolt of Silk: $150
Assorted Coins- $500
Now, that sounds like a lot of money- except I have anywhere from 5-8 players, one has a horse, and they're soon going to be in a situation where even that much money might not get them everything they need- or want.
A notebook that references a complete ledger left in Obyn's shop within Cranson.
A contract with The Black Hangover for use of their barn for storage over the winter.
Bretia- Bretia can still be a badass
Sylvie- Targeting specific bodyparts can be really painful
Rowena- Rowena has a jealous streak
Valen- (He cracked a joke)
Albert- Don't fuck with Ruz
Ruz- I learned about combat maneuvers
Althalos: I'm squishy and require a medic 24/7