Don’t want to sound negative, but there are only so many places where a true fighter can learn the martial arts:
- First, there is the ancient temple, a place of peace where monks break stones with their head. No comment necessary.
- Second, your old, seemingly senile neighbor that happens to have visited that temple. He will take you in when someone beats you up.
- Third… well, there are other rare options, like visiting a school or teaching yourself from a book, but those really come back to the other two options.
Luckily, what kung-fu study seems to lack in locations, it makes up with plenty of creative exercises, that’ll teach the adept to fight! Please help to extend this repository of useful techniques, that instruct in the arts of balance, throwing, catching, dealing and receiving blows, using weapons, learning how to avoid them, and not to forget the philosophical lessons that are at least as important.
(Unless you haven’t noticed already, this is primarily a silly submission.)
Additional Ideas (4)
- The climbing school: as a rule, there are NO stairs or ladders in this beautiful, tall complex. There will be some crippled masters among the staff anyway. (Especially good for the ninja training grounds.)
- The right of passage (seen in a movie): the student's access to the cantina has a large hole in the floor, filled with water. First there will be large packs of wood swimming in it, later smaller packs, then just pieces of wood. Have fun crossing them.
- The only way to reach the high priests of your temple/school is get through the lesser priests. (Hint: verbal arguments rarely work.)
- Your master insists that you carry three eggs under your cap during the whole day. That is all you can eat in the evening.
- Whenever you are tired, you can rest on a bed that only supports your head and legs.
- The kitchen personnel throws you your sticks with great precision. You better catch them or it will hurt.
- You learned your Drunken Boxing style in the Shaolin's Corner pub, but you had to pay the drinks.
No, the biggest problem is simply to find the teachers.