Full Item Description
These are classic Peacemakers, circa 1875. They are a highly polished bright nickel finish. Yet they are almost silver or chrome in appearance. Some people say they seem to glow, but that is just what some people say.
Several Demons worked the new frontier under orders from The Darkness, attempting to corrupt The New Land. The Marshalls and Rangers working the territories did not know anything about The Darkness, just that evil deeds needed to be stopped.
O’Shay was one of the hands of Darkness, a mortal pawn all too willing to follow The Darkness’s direction for a great enough profit and seeming impossible luck. To the mortals, O’Shay was one of the worst criminals in the territories. He and his gang killed, robbed, and sometimes just did mayhem for the fun of it.
No matter how dark things got, the Light seemed to always shine. In this part of the Land, it was Ranger Reed and his posse. Reed was a shining star for justice in The Land. For that, the Darkness wanted him stopped.
The Darkness made sure clues were left and sloppy work done. Reed was able to find O’Shay’s trail. For days, he and 12 other Rangers tracked them.
All was going according to The Plan. The Darkness whispered knowledge to O’Shay. He and his cronies set up an ambush. The Darkness cloaked them so they could not be noticed. It charged their bullets so they would strike and kill. With this kind of magics behind them, the conclusion was forgone.
Of course, to the participants, it was a normal bushwacking. It caught Reed and Posse completely flat footed. It was over before the dust cleared.
Reed and his Posse were gunned down. Only one lone man, his brother, survived, though it took spiritual aid to heal the demonically empowered bullets. (In fact he was dead briefly, but was brought back by the shaman’s magics). The manner of death and the dark magics left the spirits of the 12 other lawmen lost. The Light assisted them. They empowered Reed’s mortal Irons: A set of Colt 45s.
Reed’s brother recovered with the aid of an indian shaman. He tooks his brother’s Irons and sought to bring Justice to first his Brother’s Killer, then the Territories, then all The New Land. He wielded the guns as a symbol and tool, rather than a weapon. He became a legend himself, but that is a story for another time.
Keep in mind, that others have wielded the Silvered Irons since then. Most have been of Reed’s bloodline, but several have taken up these weapons of justice. Some for just one ride, others for a good chunk of their life. As long as Good People can make a difference, the twelve will make sure the Irons will find their way into the hands of the right people at the right time.
The Weapons have the following abilities
1) The Irons almost always hits, when not trying to wound or kill people. All penalties for range and trick shooting and targeting are waved when using The Irons thusly.
2) If The Irons are being used to wound a target, merely to stop them, the range penalties and distraction penalties are halved or reduced one step.
3) The Irons will not kill. They can wound, but not kill. A general shot will merely hurt someone and knock them down. If used for a specific killing shot, they will jam… and not unjam until there is no intent to kill.
4) Justice is the key. Any target shot is freed from Dark Possession, so the minions of The Darkness are dispelled by bullets fired. This will often leave their human hosts somewhat dazed and confused. The darker the individual before the possession or manipulation, the more they remember of their time under possession. Also the more they think it was all their own idea.
5) Justice will find a way. It seems the hand of fate is constantly playing with these guns. They seem to be in the right place at the right time for someone to fight for justice, especially if The Darkness is behind the troubles.
This last one is optional, but can be included.
6) Silver is the light of spirit and the conduit of power. However most people can not handle the existence of magic or power without being so distracted they would be useless in the fight for justice.
The Guns find a way to have silver ammunition. Happenstance occurs mostly. In most cases, the owner of the gun finds a box or two of them. In other times, they stumble over a silver mine and make some (against some logic, but it seems like an idea at the time). If the wielder is a true believer in the magic of the guns (also known as plumb loco), plain lead bullets can become silver in the gun.