Like two bats outta hell, they tore through the night. Hazen & Grib, two Necros trying to make a name for themselves in a world that doesn’t want them. Streaks of black and white, blurs in the night. Grabbing a body here, a bone there, and stopping a few menaces…
Hazenbrazen and Gribaldy now look like your average Necromancers, decked out in dark clothes and bone armors. They both have shocking white hair that matches their pale faces. The differences lie in the attire mostly. Gribaldy’s armor has a dark brass color too it, while Hazen’s is jet black with bone hilights. Hazenbrazen has a bone helmet and bright blue eyes. Gribaldy is known for his black leather glove he wears on his right hand, he says it keeps the spirit in his wand from possessing him. His eyes are a dull brownish green.
They began to amass a following of the dead and of the living. Not as oppressive to their minions as most Necromancers, they allowed them free reign as long as they didn’t harm innocents, and threatening detsruction if they did. But there were always plenty of evils to be vanquished, and those of the living were happy for these new heroes…
Hazenbrazen and Gribadly met at the Arcane University when they were simple adepts. They formed a fast friendship, had many zany adventures, and ultimately decided on a darker future.
They took up study of the Dark Ways of the Necromaster, and soon they had learned the basics. There seemed to be a number of paths they could follow. Gribaldy took up the Way of the Minion, deciding he wanted to amass legions to do his bidding. Hazenbrazen went with the destructive Way of the Bone, mastering the basics, he was able to launch a barrage of biting teeth at his opponents.
Over the years, Hazenbrazen and Gribaldy travelled with many group of adventurers. Hazenbrazen’s favorite, and brief love interest, was Heather a rogue archer with a holy bow. They bow’s Aura of Thorns was a huge help, if caused damage done to Gribaldy’s skeletons to partially reflect back upon the attacker. It was a powerful tactic, but its Holy nature weakened the skeletons fighting powers, and the love was not meant to be. So, as the story goes, Heather left the H&G team after an awkward encounter with Hazenbrazen.
Currently, Hazen and Grib (The H&G Duo), have taken up defense of a mountain town besieged by demonic forces unleashed from an ancient crypt. They can be found there with a small army of skeletons and villagers. They are slowly winning but the PCs may be able to help, and earn a powerful ally.
With a complex wave of his bone wand Hazenbrazen launched a spear of summoned bone that rippled the air through several enemies, nearly killing them…
He carries a wand of bone he calls "White" and the Shrunken Head of Oul, together these items give him a major boost to his already masterful bone summoning abilities.
Gribaldy smacked a skeleton with the shrunken head he carried and ordered it into the fray, and, simultaneously, caused a fallen enemy to rise to his feet and fight for them with a flick of his wrist…
He also carries a wand and shrunken head. His wand is known as The Black Key and it a powerful summoning tool. The shrunken head he carries is simply used as a shield or to shake, in anger, at people.
Hazenbrazen & Gribaldy are a happy duo, fond of good cheap ale and any woman that will have them. They tell gruesome tales of nights spent traveling with the living dead, then laugh with those who feel queasy. They do have a battle cry, they like to yell "Full Force!" when attacking, it is said to be some sort of private joke they share.
Hazen and Grib are buddies untill the end, if one is down, the other will rush to their aid and administer healing. This rarely happens with them firing teeth and bones from behind bone walls and a swarm of minions.
Details the Powers of the Necromasters
Hazenbrazen’s Way of the Bone:
Hazen has three types of attacks and three types of defenses.
1. Teeth. Small sharp pieces of bone fly out in a fan-like patternm ripping into enemies with frightening force.
2. Spear of Bone. Summons a javelin from the deapths of hell to implae enemies.
3. Bone Spirit. By sacrificing a skeleton Hazen can used its unique undead life-force to create a damaging ball of light that homes in on the nearest enemy target. It is slow moving, but persistant.
1. Bone Armor. Summons pieces of bone to circle around him and deflect incoming attacks.
2. Wall of Bone. Causes a wall made of bone to erupt from the earth and block enemies.
3. Bone Cage. Creates a Wall of Bone around an enemy.
Gribaldy’s Way of the Minion:
Grib has three types of minions he uses.
1. Skeleton Warriors. A undead creature made of bones, when created all flesh and meat falls to the ground, they are typically equipped with cheap swords and shields, not being capable of more advanced weaponry.
2. Skeleton Warlock. A creature that dies that had the powers of magic can be raised in this fashion, it is capable of unleashing blasts of Eldritch Energy.
3. Revive the Fallen. Gribaldy can reanimate a dead enemy to its full natural fighting power, but only for a brief while.
These are, of course, in addition to their other magical powers gained through the study of wizardry, necromancy, and illusions.