The nomads are a long-suffering race. Their existence has been tolerated (barely) by the last fifty emperors since Emperor Meziz signed a covenant with them, allowing them to subsist on the banks of the infertile southern rivers in return for a small tithe. They are shunned by the folk of the Empire, and heckled and spat at in the marketplace. People only buy their meat and produce because it is so cheap.
1. A character commits a crime or contravenes a taboo and is outcast by the nomads. S/he must make a living for s/himself in this hostile world.
2. The characters are on the ruling body of the nomads. The emperor starts a policy of persecution against them and they must either resist or flee.
3. The nomads try to make new gains of territory and have to journey to the capital city across the desert, with its terrible perils, to deliver a supplication to the Emperor.
4. The characters are an elite group of nomadic thieves who steal from farmers. However, to draw suspicion away from the nomads, they go around distant regions, disguised as locals.
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (4)-4
Reminds me of the untouchable caste in India. But this post just doesn't tell me enough. Why are they shunned? What do they look like? What is their culture (music, food, etc)? Are they glad to be 'accepted' or upet, and if so, will they rebel?
I like the fact that you made 4 hooks, but I think the idea needs more details.
Why are they persecuted and so popularly hated? The hooks are okay, but this entire sub could use some beefing up on anabolic steroidal detailage. I like the last plot hook the best.
This seems more of an idea seed then a whole sub. A starting point.
I think something really good could be derived from it.