A staple of the battlefield medic’s equipment, provides quick healing for traumatic injuries as well as limited regeneration. They are packaged as single-use, pneumatically driven large-bore syringes.
These devices inject a cocktail of several substances:
- Omni-match Stem Cells (tm) which have been made genetically compatible with 99% of the general population.
- Anti-rejection drugs which address minor genetic incompatibilities.
- PHL-80 Cell Division Accelerator to greatly speed the healing process.
- Pure Sucrose to fuel the enhanced cell growth
- Numerous proprietary chemicals to complete and control the function of the primary components.
These need to be used with care by Diabetics and those with other energy-system disorders due to the significant increase in metabolic activity induced by STEM packs. It is largely this side effect which leads to recommendations on minimizing use of STEM packs over short intervals of time.
STEM packs may trigger adverse, life-threatening side effects in .1% of the population, and flu-like symptoms in .9%. They have been linked to an increase in cancer and mutation rates in 1% of users, with those with preexistence mutations having a significantly higher occurrence rate.
STEM Packs are Species specific. Specialized veterinary versions are available.
These STEM packs are intended to be used directly on an injury - in addition to the normal payload of a Class I STEM pack, powerful coagulants and a biocompatible scaffold is sprayed into the wound. This has the effect of being able stop even arterial wounds though a tourniquet is still recommended prior to application. Chances of side effects are not significantly different from Class I, but the effects are more severe when they occur.
Additional Ideas (1)
5th Edition Homebrew Campaign Stats
Class I STEM Pack Heals 2d10 Minor and 2 Traumatic wounds.
Class II STEM Pack Heals all Minor wounds and 2d6 Traumatic wounds.