Full Item Description
A simple blue-gray wooden handle with a spiked head made of jagged ice filled with veins of black and red. It typically appears as a huge weapon, but can sometimes be made in smaller sizes for frost giant allies.
When exposed to heat it screams and thrashes about trying to flip itself to a colder spot. When cold, it seems content and relaxed; bringing peaceful feelings to the wielder.
Long ago, when the world was a black chunk of hellish ice, Ithyqonos ruled with a massive iron fist. Literally. He was a frost giant with two gigantic iron gauntlets for hands. Today, those hands form the Ithyqonian Peaks that reach to the northern skies as if trying to escape the ice.
This pick, and many impersonators, are carried by an ancient line of frost giant who claim to share the same blood as Ithyqonos. They strive to mimic his evil rule in every way. Slaves, Rime-Magic, and the art sculpting hideous twisted idols out of ice.
There is no weapon suited better to the winters of the Ithyqonian Peaks. A more-than-suitable ice pick, and potent weapon of cold.
- It freezes to the hands or of anyone foolish enough to try to pick it up with out Ithyqonian Gauntlets (Coming eventually).
- Freezes water and creatures made of or covered in water.
- Saps the life of non-frost giants without Ithyqonian Gauntlets or other suitable means of protection and uses that life to fuel it's chill aura.
- The more life it drains from the enemies of frost the more cold damage it can do, also projects a radius of cold than can hinder unprepared foes.
- Heat will cause it to jerk violently in the wielder's hands, possible ripping their hands off (if frozen to them) or just jumping free.
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (7)-7
They would flee fromn fire elementials.
An interesting weapon, but of limited usefulness if it can only be wielded by frost giants. Within a campaign the weapon could always be wielded by a frost giant villain, making him even more dangerous then normal. As long as such a ruler lorded over the icy mountain ranges it would give all but the most capable adventurers pause for thought.
I agree with Sil, a neat idea, but a bit limited in scope. Perhaps if the drawback wasnt quite as severe it might be a solid item instead of a highly dangerous oddity.
(forgot to vote)
This item is actually pretty cool and not just in the literal sense. Instead of wielding this weapon and thus becoming uber-powered munchkins in the process, the PCs would have to destroy it or otherwise prevent an ambitious forst giant from getting his hands on it. That should make for a lot of cool plot twists.
What happens if cloth is wrapped around the handle?
A nice item to give your giants, with a good backstory. Plot hooks would top it off nicely.