Krie is set on a course in a solar system of two yellow stars of unknown age. It's upper atmosphere is composed mostly of water, seeing as the lower atmosphere is made up of oxygen and a number of other gases that bind with oxygen to make the compounds weigh more than water. The creatures there have not yet evolved into any intelligent species, but are in the organic growth stages. Due to the high potency of the intermittant atmospheres and the raw energy of the young planet, any thoughts by intelligent beings on this planet would result in reflections through environmental changes. The plants growing on the surface of the planet must pull water to themselves through long roots, which extend upwards, and somehow mysteriously draw the water of the atmosphere to them. With a high potency and a raw planet that could easily support life, you could easily add things to make it a much more interesting place to role play in.
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (4)-4
Scientifically impossible, but I can deal with that.
What do you mean by:
'Due to the high potency of the intermittant atmospheres and the raw energy of the young planet, any thoughts by intelligent beings on this planet would result in reflections through environmental changes.'
Are you saying that intelligent beings could think something into being on this planet, or change the terrain with their thoughts? Explanation please.
Also, clarify this:
'he plants growing on the surface of the planet must pull water to themselves through long roots, which extend upwards, and somehow mysteriously draw the water of the atmosphere to them.'
By 'surface', do you mean the inner 'roof' of the air shell below the water, or what?
You're saying that the atmosphere is water and below it is air? What? Explanations?
Funny... He never bothered to answer me.
This is actually a prime candidate for the Flesh It Out forum...
So we have an actual ocean composed of water, and then a second, thicker ocean, called atmosphere, because it is composed of what we usually percieve as gases. Their thicknesses should differ a lot, so they simply don't mix.
(But this looks like a mere scientifical distinction, there likely are many layers in-between.)
Is there any 'real' atmosphere above it all? Probably it is only a thin layer of hydrogen, helium and other light gases, not very suited to life as we know it.
How about life?
- the planet's body itself, also not suited to life as we know it (bacterial life possible though).
- the 'atmosphere', the thick ocean with oxygen. Plants live here mostly, but other life forms can be imagined. Only slow movement is possible however. The area may be shielded from dangerous radiation thanks to the sea above it; but much of the usable light is also lost.
- the ocean, the top layer shields the radiation, it may contain life similar to the marine life of Earth. However, the light comes from above, and oxygen from below. Thus the animals would sink upwards for food (where the sea-grasses grow), and stay mostly down to breathe.
- the thin pitiful thing resembling an atmosphere, noted before.
The plants on the surface would be gigantic trees, possibly ranging up to the very surface of the second ocean. Mighty plants indeed!
This whole strange setup might be caused by Life itself, by the way.
Intriguing and would like to see more. Could also be linked to the Worlds sub.