Scrasamax has already brought the 100 Word Submission to the Citadel. This would be the logical next step. As he has pointed out in his submission, the idea has it's merits and flaws. The same will doubtless be true of this one.
Why am I putting this up here?
Whilst I love the idea of the 100 Word Submission, I just feel that there's never enough room to convey each important point to the reader. The format already exists, but it'd be neat to see it used on Strolen's Citadel as well.
The author has more words at their disposal with which to craft their submission, thus allowing them to write up their sub without having to edit and re-edit to cut words down to fit within the accepted limit.
500 words or less, but not more.
Aside from that, go nuts. There's nothing wrong with shorter submissions and while it is nice to read longer, sometimes epic ones, the shorter ones are without doubt to my mind more useful in the short term.
- Whilst this might seem a lame cop-out to some, the sub is again, intentionally short. Scras' sub already has all the pro's and con's for what is essentially the same idea, just longer, with it's benefit.
- Set to Codex to keep everything together.
- Will consider changing this to a Wiki if the interest is there. Yay? Nay?
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (4)
A neat idea, I agree that sometimes 100 words is way too short. While I normally use it strictly for my 'discarded' ideas, there are once or twice where I'm over by like a few words and then find it a headache to try to cut down to the word limit. For this, bonus 0.5 mark.
Somehow this one slipped under my less than vigilant radar. I like this.
I like! This is also a fun format for people pressed for time that won;t be able to write anything of greater length.
I didn't think I would be the first one to put one up but there it goes. Very positive feedback too for a sub that I consider less than a real sub. Thanks, Kassy, for introducing this great format.