- The Big List Generator chooses from a LONG list of skills, but also other personal descriptors. It can inspire characters, but many other things as well.
- NPC Characteristics are useful to give an NPC (or PC) a little extra flavour.
- Terrain Features are minor locations for colouring the landscape.
- Locations for combat scenes, presumably for cool combat scenes.
- Effects of the wacky sort make life more interesting.
- The Character Background generator makes the history of a character with a push of the button, while the Item background generator works for items mainly.
- And the Horse Generator is made for exactly that reason.
- What has it got in its pocketses? A list of somewhat different items to be found.
- Random animal components and businesses, two small generators.
- City Scenes, the small events and things that can happen on the streets of a (Western) city.
Generators made in honor of the RPG Tips
The RPG Tips are also an interesting source. I have made a few in its name:
- Personality Generator at their website is excellent for creating NPC personalities. (Here is my local copy with a fancier design.)
- Encounter Locations for roleplaying encounters.
- NPC Side-plots for the things that happen around them.
And a few of my own
Yes, there are a few data sets of my own personal design.
- Persona Generator - without any help text, but should be self-explanatory. Makes the appearance of a character.
- The Public Servant Generator - even easier to use, and easy to adapt.
Most of the time, just push the button! In some cases you'll need to set up some options first. Then generate as many results as you see fit.
Getting more out of it...
Obviously, it needs a little creativity. The most important rule is not to look at what the generator gives, but what can be made of it. Don't be afraid to reverse the result(s) or twist them in whatever direction. Also, do use the generators for purposes they seemingly weren't made for... you may be surprised about the results. Entire plots were spawned from them.
Copyright by manfred 2004-2007
Last Update 21.4.2009
“ A certain type of demon cannot not be hit by ranged weapons or attacks. Attacks have to be made up close and personal for the damage to mean something. Ranged attacks are to impersonal. Possibally a way to make the ranged attacks more meaningful would be to coat the arrow head or what not with the shooters blood. Of course, they'd better be a good shot, otherwise they're wasting arrows and already bleeding to boot. Spells: wizards might have half or no effect, preist might work due to divine intention.”
“ 'If the Eyes are the windows to the soul, then his soul was burning in Hell.'”
“ The secret for immortality has been discovered by an eccentric wizard/mad scientist. Its found you need to reapply once a month. As people stop dying, and the birth rate increases exponentially, people are forced into homelessness, because of the need for food reamins the same, and food is not being produced fast enough to feed the undying population. The PCs have to find the creator and kill him, and destroy production, to save the world from undying, unending torture from hungryness.”