In the dark caverns and tunnels beneath the surface of the world, far from the cursed burning sky-furnace that the unknowing surface-worlders called the Sun, the force of nature called the Dhole awakens. It sees nothing, yet it sees all. Creatures flock to it's call, creatures who serve it, know it as their true god. Within the earth, the Dhole assaults the structures of reality, gnawing at the dimension of time, tearing apart the dimension of space. The cavern-walkers, the Drow, the Deurgar, the Illithids, cannot stand by any longer. And as reality collapses beneath them, the emmisaries of the tunnels approach their ancient enemies, the surface-worlders, whom they have shunned and fought for so long.
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (2)
Well, OK, but what to do about it?
Say the heroes can work as diplomats with that Underworld races, and they can succed as such, but...
To what end? Gods probably know about this threat, but they themselves have a hard time to solve it. Failed? Sorry, End Of World Now, in your cinema and everywhere.
It seems that defeating such a creature is impossible.
- convert every being capable into a believer, to give gods more power (if possible). So it might be defeated, or somehow restrained, or something.
- find some alternate source of Reality etc., for the beast to consume. It better be unlimited, if such thing exists. May be a philosophical problem. Say that reality and order, as we imagine it, is created in our mind (that is true in some ways: we don't see the world as it is, we twist our view to our needs). Would require a large group of people to give up something, up to dreams or even sanity. Then comes the task of convincing IT somehow to agree. Or perhaps to force it asleep, and somehow fuel what our minds produce, to ITs mind. So it will dream of consuming reality, which is born in our minds and dreams. Gods see the world as it is, so this human weakness/deformity may actually be usefull! Just don't forget to care of those thousands of raving lunatics you produce this way...
A great idea that could spawn a campaign!