Thoughts on the Category
At first, I see Systems as being quite a heterogeneous category because the different focuses within this category means that it includes submissions like magic and combat systems which are more rules as well as those on the Patheon of Gods, history of particular worlds that are a little bit different. However, I've since been able to conceptualise this category as hinging on an underlying concept, which solves the problem stated above.
- The rules/laws governing the system have to be based on logic. The logic underlying a system might be different than anything weve ever encountered in the real and made up worlds that we are used to, but it has to be there. (I know this one holds by definition of what a system is but still I think it's the most important thing to note about a post about a system)
- The reader should be able to see the underlying concept behind the system or that it offers an alternative perspective to the norm. In other words, just describing the rules of the system is not adequate. Instead, focus on describing a concept and its boundaries.
Not Registered Yet? No problem.
Do you want Strolenati super powers? Registering. That's how you get super powers! These are just a couple powers you receive with more to come as you participate.
- Upvote and give XP to encourage useful comments.
- Work on submissions in private or flag them for assistance.
- Earn XP and gain levels that give you more site abilities (super powers).
- You should register. All your friends are doing it!
? Responses (2)-1
Might want to put these in as advice requested - generally when codexies or scrolls are submitted at full subs, at the very least the author has added something. These are not ready to be main subs.
Update: Put this out as Collaboration Requested simply because I have levelled up enough to earn enough CR spots even though content is probably long out of context.