Full Item Description
A rope of wonderful quality made from the finest hemp. Not a strand appears out of place.
The first such rope was made by Herithi the Beggar and combined much of his art. The one he made is currently in use by Herithi as a belt.
They are often created by journyman Entwiners as masterpieces for their qualification as Master entwiners. As such, they tend to have variances in their abilities corresponding to individual tastes.
Created as showcases of the Entwiners art, the ropes are all of extremely high quality and bear assortments of entwining spells worked into them.
All such ropes (apart from defective ropes) have certain properties in common. They have great strength, both due to excellent craftsmanship allied with knots of strengthening. The rope can change its length dramatically as well upon command.
A generic item, this rope is a useful piece of equipment and can be found as treasure. They are occasionally put up for sale, being greatly prized by criminals as well as adventurers.
Properties short list
* Extremely durable, as tough as magically strengthened steel.
* Can change in length from 3’ to 500’ in length.
* Can become a stiff as steel, allowing it to support up to 1 ton without bending.
* Can tie and release itself upon command.
* Once per day it animates upon command, obeying even fairly complex commands and acting as a constrictor snake in combat. Duration of animation is usually for 1 hour.
* Once per week, it can act as a Spirit Cord for 24 hours.