b>APPENDIX C: ENCOUNTERS IN THE SHALLOWS
Random Encounters (Many drawn from the worthy Denizens of the Swamps, Bogs, and Fens submission!)
D20 1. Leeches! Either regular leeches or Pacranite Leeches. In any case, there will be a lot of them. 2. A PC steps into the territory of one of many Sabre Crabs which lair along the shore’s edge. 3. Swamp Rays skulking in the muddy waters. 4. Greenflies-Aquatic parasitic wasps making nuisences of themselves. 5. Northern Sandkoi - one of these beasts lives in the lake and can be encountered on either shore. If rerolled, another large, dangerous fresh-water encounter could be substituted. 6. Blackfly/Mosquito Swarm - An unusally dense swarm of the little besties will lay siege to the party. (Unlike mosquitoes, Blackflies take a small bite of flesh). 7. Wrapper waiting to wrap someone. 8. Jewel-of-the-Mire Lightshow at nighttime. 9. Periccus vine- Boon for Alchemists. 10. Silverblooms- Not dangerous, nice plant. 11. Fresh water Giant Mussel- Watch your step. 12. Karnan - A turtle to eat, or be eaten by. 13. Giant Dragonfly - 10-12’ long, wingspan double that. 14. Giant Waterbeetle - 6’ long with short-sword sized mandibles. 15. Freshwater Kraken - Not as big as sea-going kraken, but large enough to be a serious issue. 16. Moose - Large, grumpy swamp-dwelling deer relative. 17. Giant Eel, Electric, Freshwater. 18-20. Water-borne defender patrol (if actively defended)
Todo: Need to adjust to ‘de-Unseen Forest’ it….
Additional Ideas (0)Please register to add an idea. It only takes a moment.
- Denizens of the Swamps, Bogs, and Fens Lifeforms By: Murometz
- Giant Mussel Lifeforms By: Cheka Man
- Greenflies-Aquatic parasitic wasps Lifeforms By: Michael Jotne Slayer
- Jewel-of-the-Mire Lifeforms By: CaptainPenguin
- Karnan Lifeforms By: MoonHunter
- Periccus vine Lifeforms By: Shadoweagle
- Sandkoi Lifeforms By: Cheka Man
- Silverblooms Lifeforms By: Phoren
- Wrapper Lifeforms By: Cheka Man