Far to the north, surrounded by super-chilled salt water, sits the Glacier of Black Ice. The ice is thick, hard to break, and filled with endless veins of reddish-black stretching in all directions. There are also what appear to be dead blue and gray trees covering the glacier, also covered in the hellish ice.
The ice starts to slant upwards as you venture towards the top of the glacier and the trees grow closer together. Anything that touches the ice of a tree will find itself stuck; frozen to the spot. You must rip with great force to pry anything loose. Clothing, equipment and, especially, flesh are all at risk. A slip could prove to be quite the setback, maybe even fatal.
At the top on the glacier sits the Blackice throne. Surrounded by clouds and a ferocious storm of needle-like sleet and hale, you have reached your destination. Only a fool would come this far without reason. The throne itself is 30 feet tall and etched with images of a bleeding sky and crashing planets.
Legends, Lies, and Lore
- Legends abound about the demonic frost giant Ithyqonos and his bloodline. It is said that some day an heir will return to the Blackice Throne and throw the world into another age of darkness.
- Some say the throne is a entrance to a secret maze of ice with an Ithyqonian Artifact deep inside.
- Locals of the surrounding lands tell tales of walrus with silver bones and tusks living near the throne to greedy travelers.
- If you ever need to destroy an Artifact of Fire, all you need to do is place it upon the Blackice Throne and spit into the wind a thousand times.
- The Icecharter Mages have maps of the Blackice catacombs and keep tabs on the glaciers location.
... and there are as many other legends and lies of treasure, peril, cults, gods, demons and heroism as you need.
That’s up to you!
Bane of heat; immortal enemy of warmth, it waits for the return of it’s king to throw the world into a new Ice Age.