In summary, Things from Other Places invade Christmas Eve. When they invade our reality, our reality changes and "Figments" of our imagination become real. The Elves (and Angels, Demons, and other miscellaneous Mythics) form up into teams and defend Christmas from the Grinches/ Things from other places.
Plots come in several phases.
1) Introduction: The Humans are usually On Scene for an initial Grinch Assault. The Elves and other Figments are rushing to the point of event. The team somehow has to bond over this mission (and it does come down to recruiting any able body not running from them).
2) Early Missions: The Team begins to learn strategy and begins to respond to events they see first on CNN, then by Elf Scanners. The teams will start to get into a rhythem. This will be Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day/ Retail Hell. Other Holidays come into play if Hanukkah, Kwanza, and such come through.
3) Middle Missions: The world begins to react to The Grinches, the existance of Elfs, the ramifications of Angels/ Demons, and a few public Mythics. Figment issues are discussed on CNN/ Fox News. The Grinch events start getting odder and more dangerous, as the Masters start stepping up their efforts . People start complaining about Figments and how the Grinch War has ruined things. The Big Guy might be on Crossfire or Larry King.
3) Late Missions: Nine days to Epiphany(12 days of christmas). At this point the Grinches are losing ground. Once their tactics have been determined, they are pretty easy to be stamped on. There will be one more massive push on the 12th day. The objective will be to get "The Bomb" into Wreath. Not just any old Bomb, but an ElfTech Atomic/ Cosmic Weapon. If you can get it in, you "win"
4) Campaign continues: So many different options.
5) They come back on a number of holidays (limited).
Now I will posting these up over time. Feel free to add.
Additional Ideas (2)
The Grinches are attempting to do something with holiday and big emotional events.
The Superbowl: The Grinches showed up on the field. The players took them out before any Figments could get there to fight them. The ones that manifested in the seats were quickly removed before anyone knew they were there.
The World Cup: If you thought the Superbowl Fans were violent.....
And The Stanley Cup. There were Elfs and Angels there waiting.