Follow in MoonHunter’s Footsteps: 10 Steps to Better Posts
1) Being a better poster (and gamer) is a slow and steady process.
2) Identify your strengths as a gamer and a writer. Focus on these in your game posts.
3) Don’t forget your weaknesses. Occasionally take on challanges that force you to confront them.
4) Read everything posted on the board. Not only may these other posts be useful for you, but they may serve as inspiration or as a reminder of what to do (or not to do).
5) Work on existing posts. If you expand upon existing posts (or a type of existing post) you are working with the community on the site, rather than just flailing about.
6) Just Post. Every day. Don’t give up. It isn’t easy to do it, but many great ideas are lost because people don’t post them for others to see. Say to yourself, “I am going to post one interesting idea every day,” and stick to it. Once you commit yourself, you will find it easier to do.
7) Never forget the basics. Check your posts for language: Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar.
8) Keep moving forward. Push yourself to do more and do it better.
9) Learn from every opportunity. Hone your English (Language skills), your ability to find inspiration, learn about new games and new settings. You can learn a great deal about gaming surfing TV channels if you let yourself.
10) Keep a little notebook (or some mechanism to record ideas like a forum thread or a email to yourself). Write interesting ideas in the notebook, or snippets of cool description, or anything that might inspire you to do a post.
This is not the 11th step, it is just a good idea.
Find multiple sites to frequent. While one site may be your “home”, visit various sites. This will give you many avenues to practice your craft.