llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New server - whoops?!?!?!  (Read 1254 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
New server - whoops?!?!?!
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »
 :what: :what: :what: :what: :what: :what: :what:
 :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

New server with default settings. I had family in over the weekend so only had Sunday evening to do the domain transfer. Everything was hunky dorry last night, probably because traffic wasn't really hitting it yet. I thought that the default server settings would hold us out until I got to optimizing them this week.

:dunno:

Obviously THAT didn't work. As soon as traffic really started hitting the new server around...no, at exactly: Feb 11, 2008 10:52:26 AM the server got overloaded....it has been trying to reset ever since unsuccessfully.

So I did a hard reboot, passed on the information to manfred who will be able to save us when I can't get to it so the extended downtime shouldn't happen again.

I will replace the defaults tonight and we should probably be good. I just hope I didn't underestimate the amount of traffic we are getting.

The new server is better, I promise. The old server was having multiple issues that were very difficult to narrow down, this one is currently only having one and it is much easier to pinpoint.

Thanks for your patience as we finalize the move!!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: New server - whoops?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »
Pesky family always interfering with the real life on the internet. :)

Plus, you should already know that mere defaults are not good enough for us! :D

It is the iron rule of universe, that something breaks during a move. All things considered, we are pretty well off. Let's hold the fort until things settle down... I'm sure we will get the much desired stability.

Cheer up! We're gonna make it.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.