llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Night Games  (Read 22483 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 05:33:17 PM »
Zeb took a gulp of the stew and looked sheepishly at his two companions, clearing his throat before speaking.
   ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“I am the scion of a royal house from a far away land.  They are royal but far from noble.  My father’s court is corrupt and rife with the typical intrigue that is to be expected from those whose every need is met; which leaves them with much time and energy to plot against one another.  Anyway my father grows very ill.  He will soon die.  I am in line for succession to ascend the throne but I want no part of it, or of my…people.  And so I fled, but not before making it clear that I’ve no desire to rule.  My younger …brother… feels I may change my mind and so wishes to make sure there is no way I can return.  Hence the Seekers, creatures under his control, they do his bidding.  My family has…close ties to them and their ilk.  On top of it all my heritage is mixed, my mother is… a different woman than my brother’s mother.  He is thought by most to be more… pure.  I would that they just leave me be, but it has become clear that I must kill my brother."   There it’s out I said it. “I seek Lammark the High Priest of Ro.  Lammark has weapons that can help me accomplish the task.  Even if I am successful I have no illusions of a happy ending for me or any who accompany me.  Kelly is his niece so she’s agreed to accompany me.  She’s already save my life and I am in her debt.  It appears you have saved my life as well.  I can’t ask you to risk yours by coming with me.

“I’ll be the judge o’ thatâ€? Xander mused as he rubbed his chin, “I know of Lammark, he’s retired now.  Made a name of himself battling the undead, vampires, liches beings such as those.  It’s said he’s cursed and he’s lost his mind.  It’s interesting that…never mind.  Kelly what can you tell me about your uncle?â€?
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 06:52:23 PM »
Well i was always my uncles favorite, i went with him once on one off his many adventures, he indeed hunt's for the dark creatures of the night, but do not venture to close without invitation he doesn't take kindly to intruders, if he knows you well enough you can enter his..... well what can i call it, last i heared he was living in a cave not far from grendel, he set's traps around and only the most skilled fighters or people who know where the traps are can get through. yes indeed i fear that he lost his mind not but a few years ago, but i know that he will listen, but be warned there far worse things than traps guarding my uncles 'house' and my uncle himself, he too is a mage although he does not show most times, but he has done spell's on his cave to keep it hidden and i know off demons who are his friends guarding the cave entrance, i was told this by my mother who i last saw when she was going to see her brother......... but did not return." she stopped for a little looking down to the guard and walking a snail rolling slowly on, she countinued "but if there was some way of sending work to my uncle that i am coming surely he would not pass up the opportunity to see me, as i have not seen him in so long. and trust me know even though he has most his, let us say marbles, he will still remeber friend from foe."
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 07:20:03 PM »
“Demons that are his friends?â€?  Xander queried , “Bah, more likely in thrall.  Mayhap tis why he’s a bit daft.  That’s a slippery slope, wot?  Truck with demons and a bit o’ nonesuch is all it takes for a chaps mind to go to mush.  Lammark was feared by the darkside and revered by the hunters.  My Pa being one of them.  Pa taught me how to grab the flows o magik an play with em.  Taught me to travel.  Never got good at it.  Always ending up high above the ground or nonesuch. “  Xander rubbed at his hip sore from the previous night’s landing.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“I play with glyphs and runes as well.  But never got into the business of hunting.  Not that I don’t have the skill, mind you.  I’m more of a lover than a fighter.â€? He threw Kelly a wink.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“And I must say that I love what you’ve done with your hair.â€?  He ladled the last of the stew into her bowl.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“So Kelly how do we get to the cave?  And will you lead us there?  Goes wi’out saying I’ll come along.  Not everyday you get to meet a legend.  My Pa would skin me if he knew I let this chance go.â€?
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 07:23:42 AM »
of course i know how to get there but it won't be easy, seeing as it's my uncle he placed himself just north past the dark forest of Tethlon, where demons and foul creatures live, we will have to get through there onto the road leading towards grendel then there is a large fissure in the ground not far from the path which leads down into a large cave with paths leading each way we have to go along the one leading us south and then we will come out in the forest clearing and this is where the fun starts" she stopped smiling, took a deep breath and carried on "yes of course i will lead you, you have my magic and my blade for battles and i will do my best to lead us a safe path through the forest" she nodded she looked at Xander with a playful smile on her face, "no matter how much of a lover you are, watch your step you treading on thin ice," she winked slyly and walked over to a tree not far away from the other two and pulled the hood of a cloak up over her face hiding her eye's and nose but leaving her mouth free.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 04:27:19 PM »
“Thin ice.â€? Xander laughed, remembering the recent events at the frozen river.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Cute.â€?  He gathered his belongings.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Seeing as how you layabouts have been sleeping the day away ye don’t mind traveling at night, wot?â€?  Zeb shrugged.  Xander packed the last of his supplies away and doused the fire.  He rose dusting the dirt off his hands and throwing a wink Kelly’s way.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Shall we?â€?

Kelly nodded just as the arrow sprouted out of Xander’s shoulder, “WOT!!!â€?  He threw himself to the ground just as three more yard long shafts flew through the air where he had been standing.  Five creatures burst into the clearing near where Kelly was standing.  They were squat with stout bodies but had spindly arms and legs.  They wore banded leather helmets and patchwork armor that looked as it was pilfered from a great field of battle.  They rushed toward the trio armed with swords and small axes, yelling warcries in a language Zeb did not recognize.  Their faces were ugly and misshapen and their skin was green and covered with bristly black hair.

Zeb drew his short sword and charged into their midst.  The largest one met his charge and smashed him with a wooden shield.  Zeb stumbled backwards but remained standing, feet sliding across the dirt.  He swung a savage overhand swing that was blocked by the shield.  He swung horizontally before his opponent could bring his short axe into play.  The short sword bit into flesh beneath armor, his opponent squealed in pain and swung with the axe.  The move was off balance and awkward.  Zeb stepped in and stabbed between panels, thru the creature’s armpit burying his sword to the hilt.  Life ended as blade met heart.  Two of the creatures companions crashed into Zeb and bowled him over and the three sprawled to ground in a tangled heap.  The other two creatures turned their attention to Kelly as five more entered the clearing from the other side.

Xander scrambled on the ground, arrow still in his shoulder, eyes wide, “d**n Goblins! Wot!�

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 06:26:45 PM »
Kelly stood still for a moment, as she was ready for the journey when the goblins rushed into the clearing, she drew her sword instantly, and held it in a defensive stance with her other hand in the air ready to use magic if needed, Kelly threw a large ball of fire at one of the oncoming goblins which set it on fire after bowling it along the floor "there's too many, we can't fight them all" she shouted over the sound off the battle to Zeb and Xander, one of the goblins had reached her and she swung her sword horizontally so it would catch the creatures side, it hit the shield but as soon as she heard the clang of metal on metal she swung it up and through the creatures neck "Xander where are you" she shouted looking around for Xander and throwing another ball of fire at two more oncoming goblins, she stood in a defensive stance as she was surrounded by at least 6 maybe 7 more goblins, gulping she charged into one side of the circle scattering a few of them and slicing at others which came towards her, suddenly she rembered, she chanted a few words under her breath and in three different places where the others and herself where large see-through walls appeared around them, these shields where weak but would keep most things out, but still allow you to damage the enmy's, she swung her sword at one of the goblins which had been thrown out of the protective circle and slashed at it's side "i hope the other two are ok" she thought to herself.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2005, 03:25:14 PM »
Xander pulled out a blade that resembled a butcher’s cleaver.  He grimaced as he sliced the arrow, sticking out of his shoulder at about the halfway point.  He leapt up and sliced low catching one of the goblins inside of the knee.  The goblin tumbled downward but before it hit the ground Xander had caught another in the throat.  Xander kicked the dying Goblin aside as he dodged savage blows thrown by arms slender but strong.  Lucky for him Kelly’s walls kept many other potential opponents at bay.  Zeb wasn’t so lucky.

Zeb rolled as soon as he hit the ground landing atop one of the goblins and raising his sword to stab downward.  His opponent’s arm shot out and grabbed his arm as the blade descended.  The blade tip caught the goblin in the eye and ripped sideways as the creature moved its head away.  The other goblin leapt on Zeb’s back bearing him forward into the one on the ground.  The goblin on the ground screamed in frenzied pain over the loss of its eye, while the goblin atop Zeb tried to take his air with an arm around his throat while trying to stab him in the back with a short dagger.  Zeb spun as best he could and the dagger thrust sliced open the flesh across his stomach the cut was shallow, but bled freely.  Zeb spread his legs wide and grabbed the goblin’s arm around his throat.   HE COULDN’T BREATHE!  He brought his knee up hard three times between the goblins legs.  The grip on his throat loosened enough for him to rip the goblins arm away from his throat.  Zeb grabbed his opponent’s dagger wielding hand and cuffed it on the side of its head as hard as he could.  The creature’s eyes crossed.  He picked up his fallen short sword and ran the creature through before it could regain its senses.

The other goblin, having no more heart for battle tried to run holding his empty eye socket as fluid dripped down the side of his face and crashed into one of Kelly’s magical walls.  It spun just in time for Zeb to hit it low with a flying tackle.  The creature hit the ground with an audible thump.  Zeb chopped  it with three overhand swings just as the goblins around Kelly attacked her in unison…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 03:47:27 PM »
Kelly stood waiting, watching and then they attacked one sliced at her arm blood now leaking out of the wound, she threw herself to the ground to avoid another blow but got cut on the back instead, she yelped in pain as the blade punctured her back, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small vial which she smashed to the ground and a large grey cloud appeared out of no where, once the smoke had vanished so had kelly, she appeared behind one of the dumbstruck goblins, and sliced upwards with her sword slicing it in half and then spinning and catching another one just on the side of the neck.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2005, 03:51:46 AM »
The remainder of the Goblins found they had no heart for the battle and fled screaming into the woods.  The trio stood breathing hard from the exertion of the fight.  Xander fought to keep a grin off his face as he viewed the carnage.  Zeb searched the bodies taking a goblin bow for him self.  It was a bit short but it would do for the short term until he got something better.  Xander tended his wounded shoulder with some salve and then turned to Zeb to help him.  The wound Zeb had received to his stomach had been bleeding freely and the front of his tunic was soaked with blood.  Xander pulled Zeb’s tunic up and looked at the wound.  It had already scabbed over!   ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Hmm.  Seems you’re a quick healer.â€?  Xander looked down at Zeb’s torso, suspicion in his eyes.  Zeb pulled away.  It’s nothing.  Let’s go.  He walked thru the woods to the south heading towards the valley where Lammark’s cave lay.  It was three days away by foot with the village of Safeholt laying on route, a day away from their present location…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 06:35:29 PM »
Kelly sighed a big sigh and continued on after the other two not saying much, she pulled a small handkerchief out of her pocket and wrapped it tightly around her arm where the wound lay, her back she couldn't do much about at that point so she continued to walk blood oozing down her back, but she ignored it, she jogged to catch up with the other two and walked slowly just behind them.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 03:36:47 AM »
Travel was easy that day and night fall found the three at the outskirts of the small town of Safeholt.  The next two days would not be nearly as easy.  The terrain was rough and inhospitable and as they neared the valley where Lammark made his home, the fell denizens of the gray moor were sure to make their presence felt.  Of this Zeb felt surely as the newly healed flesh of his stomach he was running his hands over.  

Safeholt was a quiet town where people minded their business for the most part.  As they entered the hard packed dirt streets few people were about.  The fresh dusting of snow added to the muffled silence and as Zeb walked to the main tavern to inquire about a room for the night his breath sparkled frostily in the night air.  The tavern, the Prancing Stag shone with welcoming light, the muted sounds of laughter and the smell of freshly cooked food.  Xander and Zeb ascended the short stairway while Kelly trailed behind.

A slender figure wearing a long cloak that trailed the ground appeared in the shadows to the side of the stairs.  It touched Kelly on the arm and without a word beckoned her to follow down the darkness of the alleyway adjacent to the tavern.  Without awaiting a response the figure began to walk into the darkness.

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 05:06:28 AM »
kelly turned to the figure just as it was walking back into the shadows, she was curious and she wanted to know who it was, she began to walk slowly at first but then gathering speed to catch up with the figure, she was right on the figures tail when she said "Why have you called me here? who are you? and what do you want with me?" Kelly awaited her answer.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 03:25:59 PM »
The alley was cloaked in shadow and as the figure spoke the shadows seemed to press in even closer concealing, comforting, oppressive.  The voice coming from the oversized cowl was a whisper and Kelly had to strain to hear it.  She could see naught of the features within nor the speaker’s hands or determine if the speaker was male or female.

“The errand you travel on is doomed to fail.  Your companions will both die.  Your fate is intertwined with theirs but you have the chance to escape.  They keep secrets, from one another and from you.â€?

The figure stopped as if the mere effort of speaking fatigued it.  After taking a long breath it continued.  The only way to survive is to see the truth when all else are blind.  In true darkness life can safely bind or be bound.  You can save one but not both.  Will you want to make the sacrifice necessary?  I don’t think so.  It is in you but vanity will possibly spell your doom.  The figure held a talisman aloft in hands bound in black leather gloves.  A necklace composed of a blackened scaled claw griping a small orb.  The orb was black as night and green motes could be seen swirling in its depths.   “Will you take it?  Take the chance to live?â€?…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 04:46:42 PM »
Kelly looked at the necklace with longing, it dangled temtingly in front of her, as if hynotizing her, but could she trust this person she took a step back, but the necklace pulled at her asking her to take it, she thought over the words which had just been said, "do i take it or not" she thought to herself, her heart skipped a beat as the a light went past the alley and illuminated the orb, making it sparkle in the light, she breathed heavily and put out a hand to reach for the necklace, but withdrew it again as if an electric charge had just gone through her body holding her back, "who are you?" she asked cooley into the night, "why have you come to me why not to the others?" she stared at the necklace, and her mind clicked over and over thinking through what had been said "and what may i ask happens if i don't take it" she breathed a sigh of relief as if these words had been building up the whole time of standing there looking into shadow.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 03:59:44 AM »
“Why you?â€?  The voice turned husky seductive, decidedly female.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“We’ve much in common.  Although I liked it better when you hair was longer.â€?  The figure gestured with a gloved hand and Kelly felt her scalp tingle.  Her newly shorn locks lengthened, growing in seconds to their former length, just past her waist.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“This is a chance at life.  You will take it or you will not.  What happens if you don't take it?  Life and death happens.  Yours and others.   Life and death is change and change is the only constant.  Lesser minds call this chaos because they cannot perceive its order.  Will you take it?  I will only ask once more.â€?  The necklace dangled invitingly…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2005, 04:44:49 PM »
kelly fumbled with her hair once again smiling, she hesitated for a moment but then snatched at the locket tieing it round her neck, "if it will save the others then....." her voice trailled off, "i would sacrifice my own life to help them" she looked to the sky then looked back at the woman which she now knew for sure that it was, "what must i do now?" she asked staring into the face of the stranger, but still not able to see her features.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2005, 05:19:58 PM »
Kelly snatched the locket and tied it about her neck and the orb grew warm as it rested against her.  Slowly the warmth grew in intensity and the stone began to get hot, almost painful, just for a fleeting instant, then it cooled down.  Observing it Kelly could see that it was noticeably different.  Where before the orb was black it now had taken on the color of dark blood.  Somewhere in the back of her mind Kelly knew instinctively that it was her blood.  And in the pit of her stomach it was if she had given away a bit of her soul in exchange for the talisman.  But…could it have been any other way?  

“Kelly?â€?  It was Zeb at the mouth of the alley, a look of genuine concern on his face.  There was a whisper, like a breeze caressing her face and the figure she had been talking to her was gone.  

“Kellyâ€?  Zeb called again as he looked at Kelly standing alone in the alley, “What are you doing?â€?…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 05:58:03 PM »
Kelly looked at the now empty space, she heard Zeb call her name and she hurriedly shoved the locket into her top so as not too be seen, "nothing, nothing" she called out, "i thought i saw something shiny in the alley way but it was nothing, nothing at all" she looked back for an instance at the place where she had just been standing then walked over to Zeb she looked into his eye's and said "right are we staying in this inn here tonight or what?" she didn't know why she didn't want Zeb or Xander to know about the locket but she didn't, so she kept it to herself, stroking where the orb was now and then, but making sure that she wasn't doing it to obviously, so that she didn't rouse suspicion.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 11:50:58 AM »
Zeb glanced quizzically at Kelly’s long hair but didn’t speak about it.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“You OK?â€?  She nodded.  He took her hand and led her up the stairs to the front door of the tavern and pushed thru the front door with her in tow.

The two were immediately assaulted by the fragrant smells of succulent food and sounds of boisterous revelry.  There were many people at the Prancing Stag that night and the party was going in full swing.  There was standing room only.  Fortunately, Xander possessed a silver tongue and had already procured a spot for them at a corner table.  Unfortunately, the silver tongue cut both ways.

The man Xander was speaking to was tall and powerfully built.  Bald, with a moustache and beard the color of fire.  The topic of their conversation sat on Xander’s lap; a scantily clad lass armed with long silken hair, pouty kissable lips, and enough curves to start a small war.

“That’s a bit ‘o nonesuch, wot?  How’s I supposed to know that Myrna here’s your wife?  Lemme buy you a drink.  No hard feelings, eh?â€?  The fact that Myrna maintained her comfortable perch on Xander’s lap did little to improve his situation.  In fact she looked as if she was snuggling closer.  

“Go away Jarl!â€?  She implored, voice laced with venom.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“I told you I don’t want you anymore.  Why don’t you go back to that cow you were with last night!â€?

Xander’s eyes widened “Wot?â€?  Just then Jarl yanked Myrna off his lap and hurled her roughly to the ground.  She hit the wooden floor so hard she bounced.  Xander’s first punch hit Jarl in the jaw and the second landed flush on his nose with the crack of broken cartilage.  Jarl fell in slow motion like a felled tree, unconscious before he hit the ground.  The scrape of wooden chair legs across the floor was harsh as six of his friends, sitting at an adjacent table, pushed back their chairs and came at Xander with a wave of flying fists.

Zeb took five running strides then leapt into the fray...

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 05:24:19 PM »
Kelly stood for a moment watching the fight "for goodness sake we can't sit down in peace can we!" he walked forward and leaped onto on off the big men's backs holding on tightly round his neck cutting of his airways, he staggered to the side, kelly pushed her fist into the side of his face and he fell sidewards, falling with a huge crash before he hit the floor kelly had already jumped off of his back, a man grabbed her from the back and held her in a tight rib breaking hold, pushing firmly onto her stomach.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2005, 06:05:47 PM »
Zeb swung his fist in a wide arc that connected with the jaw of one of the group heading towards Xander.  The man staggered but didn’t fall.  He swung back but Zeb ducked then swung upward with an uppercut that send two of the man’s teeth flying.  He flew five feet then landed on another table scattering food.  The two patrons, burly farm boys from Lenix set upon him with club like fists.  Another of Jarl’s friends lunged at Zeb in a low tackle and the two of them flew to the ground, cutting the legs out from under the man who was trying to crush the life out of Kelly.  All of them fell and fell apart in a tangle rolling under a table, while Xander traded blows with two men at the same time.  He was doing well until Myrna hit him on the back of the head with a barstool that shattered under the impact.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Wench! You’ve changed sides, wot!â€? left Xander’s mouth before he went down.  

The fight was in full swing now with half the occupants joining in now over slights real or imagined.  The common room was a sea of swinging arms and legs and surging bodies.  Zeb rolled out from under the table and looked for Kelly, who had gotten lost in the swarm of bodies, “Kelly!  Where are you?â€?  A heavily scarred fist crashed into his chin knocking him backwards.  He landed on his rear hard…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2005, 06:24:08 PM »
Kelly let a muffled scream out as a large man fell onto her stomach she kicked out and booted him in the head he fell sidewards and plunged into the crowd, "Zeb? Zeb where are you?" she called "Xander?" she was pulled up and slapped round the face, kelly opened her eye's and stared at the young woman who had been sat on Xanders knee, "you little ...." kelly screamed as she lunged for her, the girl had caught hold of Kellys hair and was yanking it, kelly swung her fist up and clouted the girl in the side of the face and she fell to the floor, a man stood on her hand so kelly wrenched her up and moved to her to a side out of the way "just because the men can't hit you, doesn't mean i can't" she said to the girl as she lulled to the side, kelly turned round to face the crowd, suddenly someone grabbed her from the back, put a knife up to her throat and shouted over the crowd "stop all this or i will kill her!" Kelly gulped the knife was pressing into her throat and blood trickled where the blade dug into her.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2005, 03:48:36 PM »
The fracas skidded to a halt as a hush fell over the room.  Punches stopped in mid swing and kicks stopped shy of hitting the mark.  The silence was deafening.  Xander rose slowly from the floor, holding his hands up placatingly.  Zeb got up as well, looking at the line of blood trickle down Kelly’s neck.  His eyes narrowed dangerously.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“What do you want?â€? it came out as a growl.   The crowd, as one, turned to Kelly’s captor, holding a collective breath in anticipation of his response…

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2005, 04:42:09 PM »
"what do i want" he said evilly, looking at the two Xander and Zeb, he looked around the room clearly looking to see if anyone was to save this young lady, "well what i want is...." he thought for a moment and then chuckled madly "what i want is for you three to die, but not here" the man was tall and very strong looking, his biceps pulsed as he pushed harder on the blade at kelly's throat, kelly didn't dare move just in case, the blade was to slip, "my master has sent me here to warn you, that if you try ro stop him, or destroy him he will punish you all and the rest of the world", kelly suddenly looked suprsied, the blade dug deeper as she tried to swallow, he stood straight and the blade slipped a bit making kelly's neck bleed a bit more than it already was, "i need your word boy's" he said nastily looking at Zeb and Xander eyeing them up to see if one was too attack, "i need your word that you forget this quest your on, wether the quest is too with my master or not, but you are too forget it!" Kelly suddenly plucked up the courage to speak, "and what if we don't" she chocked out, her voice raspy "you my DEAR are not in the right position to talk back" he dug the tip of the blade into the middle of her neck "i warn you one more word and i will cut you, from side to side," kelly suddenly felt weak and she looked at Zeb and Xander and watched as they debated on what to do, in there minds.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Night Games
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2005, 02:57:37 AM »
“Before I kill you,â€?  Zeb said casting his eyes downward, “I will give you a chance to tell me who your master is.â€?  He held up a finger.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“One chance, other wise I will kill you slowly.â€?  It was as if a change had come over him.  Kelly nor Xander had ever heard him speak this coldly or confidently before.  It appeared he was either taller than he had been a few minutes ago, or was standing straighter.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“I’ll give you till the count of three….â€?

The Ares Chronicles