llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: *creeps in quietly.... very quietly*  (Read 1903 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Mashvie

• Apprentice
    • Awards
*creeps in quietly.... very quietly*
« on: December 25, 2003, 02:40:23 AM »
*Looks around biting her lip and pulling herself up straighter mayhap a little defencively.*

Greetings to you all, I would just like to say hello because i am rather very new here :)  perhaps I will be a slight annoyance to many but this I can say, I am ready to try and learn more about this site.
It looks amazing... there us such a very small amount of sites like these on the net, where the creative ideas of people flourish without the usual chatty attitudes of others..
                ........ *chuckles softly* please excuse my serious attitude, perhaps even a little stuck up. Im no good at introducing myself, but im here to learn and perhaps have some imput into this amazing communitiy. The site looks beautiful and very well structured... Ive read through quite a few of the posts and i still dont understand much  :roll: so ill need lots of help and already have lots of questions. Overall, ive had some RPing experience for the past few years, but never at a forum role playing community. I may not be around overly much but this will be a very innovating experience.
*bows a little* once again greetings... and I look forward to meeting some of you *withdraws back somewhere now very.... nervously*
In life, those who choose to stand alone facing their fears with only their conscience to guide them.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 03:25:32 AM »
Outstanding Intro...Two Thumbs Up.

We are all just here to have fun talking about and sharing our ideas about roleplaying general. Chat has its place but we do like to keep our topics as orientated to the subject as possible.

Very happy to have you and don't worry about jumping into a conversation...even if it is to ask questions about what is going on! Some of the ideas have sat a little bit and a new question or comment can respur the idea!

Don't be shy!!!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 05:24:06 AM »
*Pounces Mashvie* Graaaaaugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 06:57:22 PM »
"D'ARR!"

A massive sloshing barrel comes flying through the air and explodes in a green tidal wave on the recently re-grown lawn, turning all of the grass a sodden brown. A figure floats toward Mashdie on the tide of grog, a penguin, dressed in a ridiculous pirate outfit, complete with a floppy hat, resplendent feather plume, rose-lensed goggles, tattered sailor's jacket, and a wooden toy sword painted gold. The penguin pulls a large mug, seemingly out of thin air, and swishes it through the foamy sea of alcohol, handing it to Mashdie.

"Yarr! I be Cap'n Penguin, recently returned from a short period of separation! If yeh' be needin' anythin', jez' ask!"

IA CTHULHU!!!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Mashvie

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 04:17:25 AM »
*blushes profoundly and grin sheepishly* thankyou Strolen, compliment means a lot to me, really  :oops: I'm glad to be here, and perhaps i will be extremely shy at first, but hopefully get over that, thankyou fro the welcome...
Not long after gets pounced by Shadow :shock: and tumbles over with a shrill meeep "Help!.... aaaah im under attack. Mommmmyy..." blinks coming to a rolling stand still and stares "Erm... its only you... heya :roll:" tries to bow from sitting position with limited success. "Thanks for the welcome" Chuckles softly only to be swamped without mercy by a tidal wave of grog  :shock:.(perhaps Shad you would be swamped too) Coming up with a splutter and shreek, she cant do much more than stare at that strange.... erm... bird. Yes penguin who promptly hands her a mug of the liquid. Accepts with a shaky, completely sodden bow and shaky smile "Ah... thankyou, thankyou... thats very.... um nice of you." With a wry grin she continues "This place seems very strange... i think im going to like it here..." down the mug with a hiccup at the end. "Niesh.. and welcome back to you too, I think, Cap'n... i will remember your kind offer" looks around at the sodden lawn with a shake of the head... por grass will be drunk for weeks...

Thanks guys :) this is making me a little less nervous actually, so really thnakyou very much. Heh, just wondering what sort of smileys are accepted here as well, is it okay with things like ^.^, ~.^ etc? (there are a million of them yes yes.) Hehe and i dont know if this is the place for questions, however how many characters can any one player have? And if they die in one scenario/game, can they be played again? *tilts head a little* hope the questions arent too annoying *bows once more and sits... on the sodden ground*
In life, those who choose to stand alone facing their fears with only their conscience to guide them.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 04:42:17 AM »
That grass won't be drunk it will turn brown and die. *Looks around the surrounding hills and sees dozens of brown spots dotting the expanse*  hmpf. Worth every bit of it though!!

I think Ria is playing abut 40 different characters by now...and they won't die unless you want them to. I don't think there are many rules about that kind of thing. This is a good place to ask those questions. If you have a bunch of questions you could start a new topic in the Citadel Tavern.

No worries though. Ask where you may and somebody will try and help.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Mashvie

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 05:09:31 AM »
*grins and bounces with loud squelching noises wondering how nice the grass would taste...* eh yes, thankyou ill keep that in mind, questions seemed to have piled up. Who knows, maybe something will come of the jumble of thoughts piled high in ones head, all one has to do is spit them out on paper... or computer screen rather
Yowie and 40 characters, quite a bit :) sounds good though you would have to keep so many things in mind *hopes that Ria will be able to give a thought on the topic* so many great ideas on the site!

*plods off for a moment to start a new topic in the Tavern*

Offline Akihikio

• Apprentice
    • http://www.knighted-dreams.org
    • Awards
WELCOME! *Frantic Hand Movement Wave Thing*
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 01:55:36 PM »
Welcome Mashvie!

I am new here too and love it. I love how debates are just that, debates and peoples oppinions are valued. It's nice to see a place where I can get lots of ideas from different people and not have to listen to "No YOU'R stupid!"

I'm kinda shy too, so we are in the same boat.

Kara
"How the *Sentence Enhancer* are ya Patric!?"
Akihikio
"How the *Sentence Enhancer* are ya Patrick!?"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 11:57:40 PM »
*Is engulfed in a tidal-wave of grog...?* Gah -_- Yush, Myello and welcome Mashvie ^^; *swipes the alcohol off his face and wrings his hair, muttering incoherently about insolent penguins. >.>;* You will find that most in here are surprisingly lenient, which is fortunate :D
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Mashvie

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2003, 05:21:31 AM »
*plods back with a stagger and waves back to Aki with a smile* hello there, nice to meet you *chuckles a little* ah and then us shy ones will have to stick together I think! *offers a hand to shake* And i completely agree with you about the forum, the ideas running around here are pretty amazing
*chuckles and noddles at Shad* yeah, lenient is good... with me i think people will have to be *shivers a little* well raelly lenient actually

Offline Vincent Valentine

• Nomad
    • Awards
Greetings...
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 05:48:10 PM »
*Presents himeself from a dark corner, slightly squinting as he walks into the light.*

I too, am unfamiliar with this site. But as it seems, most are freindly and welcoming. I am looking forward to being a part of this web community, as well as sharing and recieving ideas for roleplaying. It seems as tho we all share the love of roleplaying, and im glad that we will be able to share this pleasure together. Until next time.

*Gives a respectful nod, and recedes back into the dark corner from whence he came.*[/quote]
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 06:52:01 PM »
Hey, Vince.
Start your own thread.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist