llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Humans  (Read 23557 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • http://www.dvvideo.net/paradox/
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 02:03:04 PM »
Golems

These may be absolutely anything in the world, brought to life. There are stone golems, metal golems, fire golems, zombie golems, clay golems, ice golems...Anything that a wizard brings to life. Most of the time the golem could only exist for a short while, but there have been some powerful wizards. Wandering golems could exist, maybe mistaken for giants. A golem can be given a mind, as well as perpetual life, yet it is hard. None the less though, these creatures do exist. It's legend that dragons could be golems, given the perfect shape, wisdom, eternal life, and the capability to reproduce. It was rumored this since there isn't much else an explaination for them. I can only imagine the type of magic something of such grandeur would take.
"I hear the trumpet calling..." [/u][/color]

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2003, 02:06:32 PM »
Shadows

These are sort of just rumored creatures. These creatures are of course made of shadows. They are said to be actual people given shadow form and put to work. The essence of the shadow is to work on research and creation of powerfully magical weapons. They are the backbone of all of those powerful sorcerors that have strange power and no one knows where they came from. The evil ones contract with the demonic forces in order to take on the shadows for themselves. The shadows are basically mindless drones, with powerful magic. They have magic in order to help in the creations of their inventions. An emotionless, mindless, wise, loyal, powerful drone. Scary to think of...

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2003, 02:10:35 PM »
Zombies, Skeleton Soldiers

These as well are a type of golems, yet not in a way. They have an upped rage since they are once living beings reanimated. They have no intelligence, as most golems do not. These are easier to create than golems though, as all this takes is death magic, a twisted life magic, or simple golem crafting magic. They are much moreso common. They also seem to have an upped strength, and the skeleton warriors may be more common(As it's easier to find a decomposed body than a fresh one, unless you make your own...) They are much easier to take out. They fall apart quite easily.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2003, 02:14:56 PM »
Demons

These are a wide variety of dark creatures. They supposedly come from the underworld and as there are so many it's hard to find an origin of them. They are most famed in China and the eastern asian countries. They are less common in Europe, even though there are enough evil beings to cover it already. The demons have dark powers, and most of them have intense powers, yet on the physical plane of existence it isn't quite noticable. They seem to exist moreso on the astral plane, as that's how they have such powerful abilities. They are usually mere subordinates to a Devil.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2003, 02:19:11 PM »
Devils

These are like demons, but must be seperately acknowledged. They can not exist in the physical plane of existence, as they are entirely astral. They have insane powers and usually an agenda of domination. They have their armies of demons, which are usually comprised of lost souls. Demons can't be just golems, because golems don't have magical abilities, and they must have a soul essence in order to control magic. Also there is a council of Satans, or Fallen Angels, which could be acknowledged or not. These are perhaps known as the most famous and powerful devils. Astaroth, Baalzebub, Iblis, Abaddon, Sammael. There's a few more but that's what comes off of my mind. Azrael isn't a devil, as he's considered to be quite unique. The only angel banned from both Heaven and Hell. He's a fallen angel, supposedly wandering the world aimlessly. Also, the third strongest of all angels.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2003, 03:10:07 PM »
Well, in my settings I have:

Worens, the Tiger People
Piterin, the Bird People
Pandaren (Whaddya think those are?!)
Firbolg, the Bear People
Lizardfolk
Vanara, the Monkey People
Ratfolk
And many, many other animal people.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2003, 03:18:58 PM »
I don't know why but the idea of enhancement always appeals to me.
Maybe there could be like, a merging profession...
It would have to be magical, because my idea is futuristic.
I am still wondering why my health points are off the charts and I'm only level two...Yet my mana points stay the same...
Anyway, as though. Say someone were to pay to get themselves the arms of centaurs, or to be imbued with the wings of dragons(Very expensive). Maybe to be given the ability to breathe fire breath, or maybe other things as well...

Normal human. The new catch is a human sized titan! Unbelievable battle, but worth it. The human buys the titan's arms(Expensive, indeed.) He gets super strength. Another buys his legs, another buys his Torso...(Hey, maybe he was hot. This could be done with reanimation techniques, or maybe even suspended animation techniques. Weird medieval genetic experiments. Someone might buy the eyes of an elf...Maybe if things are too small, they could just dimensify them......Or, err, not talking about the type of magic I created. They could just proportionately enlarge them, using magic. Or make them smaller...Yet I don't think a giant would be that strong if he were...Well, not, a giant. Yet, elf eyes could be slightly enlarged to fit a human?

God this is sickening. Wow, talk about demented.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2003, 03:41:50 PM »
Alright this needs to be explained. Mana? How does it raise? I see how levels are raised now. And your HP goes down when you...So...The max never goes down, it just sort of gets down? So I could post a million posts today and have an endless amount of HP, then a year later my HP would be. 2/986345 ? This is only an assumption. I'm just wondering the way things work. It is quite a cool concept, I love the way it works. I like being able to be a level one person with the ability to kick the ass of maybe...Even...Strolen? He does have an endurance flaw next to me...Well...For now he does, or so it seems. Anyway! Back to the topic.

Yes the races shouldn't be limited. Say someone wanted to be a Titan? That might be a bit off balance, a bit too powerful. Maybe a dragon? Dragon's can't really wear anything, and they can be killed, as the purpose of Dragon Slayers...I mean, though...There could be like. I've got this idea that I'll put up on the idea board, like. A race could be a sort of golem that I've like, made up. It's a liquid metal golem, with eternal life. They are like, deadly...I don't know. I think a bit too much for my own good.

Maybe we could have creatures like, birds. Maybe a sentient bird?! Like a huge one, though. Maybe a familiar? Yes, familiar. Another race I need put down...Which is what I'll do now...
(PS: Maybe not endurance, but health points...)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2003, 03:45:28 PM »
We have many different threads about the stats. They're just for fun.

In my opinion, the majority of Dragons are so powerful that they're too powerful to use as player characters. However, you are right in that they cannot wear equipment (Except for specially made stuff). Dragon Slayers? They would have to be some pretty powerful Dragon Slayers to take the Dragon down. Or, there would have to be a pack of them.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2003, 03:49:11 PM »
Familiar

This is also a type of Golem. This is a creature that goes along with a witch, or a warlock, and most wizards. It is a base to help them with their magic. Depending on the creature they choose, depends the nature of the magic that is brought forth. It's not purely physical attributes, yet mental ones as well.

Rats are common, as they are always energetic, and quite greedy.

Snakes are lazy, yet tranquil and can stand to be in closed, lonely spaces for long times. This patience could be a good attribute.

Cats are mostly lazy, yet playful when they need to be. They aren't one to take orders, yet they do what they need. They are resourceful indeed.

Birds are considered to be wise, as they too are logical creatures. Owls especially are a good choice, as they have great sight, and don't do much unless it's time to feed. Also, the nature of their strange movements might be a small factor on some aspects of magic. Ravens as well are common.

Fish have been chosen before, but I would seriously not know why. They are entirely stupid, perhaps. They have little or no memory span. They have the ability to breathe underwater...

Frogs have been chosen for their ways as well. Amphibeous beings, able to live both in water and on the Earth. They aren't too bright, yet their being and nature of slight intelligence, as they wouldn't fear you if they knew you, like how a fish would rarely, -rarely- let you touch it.

All types of creatures can be used, yet be warned with the magic they do become moreso intelligent and sentient. This could be potentially dangerous, as they can steal a wizards power, and become the wizard. Rare, though.

If you are a familiar though, go for it...If you get turned into ash for trying, don't blame me.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2003, 03:50:58 PM »
I do believe it's usually a pack of them. Or just one dude with a really nice arbalest...Well, maybe a human sized dragon could work. No, not a draconian, but a dragon that's human size. Maybe he wouldn't have the elemental breath capability. It'd be cool, but not too powerful...

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Ancients
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2003, 06:05:49 PM »
There could be an ancient race that doesn't exist anymore, but they had superior technology. So now, dormant, exists these android like beings. They have silk-soft flesh and are well, basically, androids. They're all intensely beautiful, but they have no magical power or resistence. Also, of course, they couldn't be changed by spells either. They are just, y'know, the perfect fighters.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Crafters
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2003, 07:42:18 PM »
Few are frozen away, or trapped in time, or maybe enchanted to live for eternity. These are the beings that created the androids. They are half flesh half exo skeleton looking beings, that walk on what seem to be ten legs. At the ends of their legs they have hands with long slender fingers. They have thin torsos, and large heads. Their eyes are large and are sectioned so that they really see from multiple points at once. They seem to be their own genetic mutation. Most of these beings would just integrate their minds into the android beings they would create, so they didn't need to exist in this form anymore. They always make a ticking noise as they breathe...

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Megas, Gigas, Tetras
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2003, 07:58:35 PM »
This was an idea I had a long time ago. They made humans, right? They came in three different sorts. They were bread, and genetically manipulated to be that way. With the ancient civilization of Crafters this could still be possible.

"Mega"
-The worker types. These were the least advanced models. They were entirely loyal, and just built for working. They didn't have the capacity for much though, as they were flawed. Factory workers, indeed.

"Giga"
-The soldier types. These were the second model, and much moreso advanced. They were also loyal, and built for war. Their mind had the capacity to hold enough information on combative maneuvering, both personal and general, and also weaponry.

"Tetra"
-The perfect types. These were the without a doubt most advanced models. Even though they were unique to one another, each one's physical attraction was unbelievable. Also they had superior muscles for their lean bodies, and had intense strength. They had knowledge of all things, and could be an Ace of All Trades. They are the only models adept for reproduction. They were meant to be the superior race of existence.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Orcs, Trolls, Ogres, Giants
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2003, 08:03:38 PM »
It's not quite likely that anyone would truly want to play these races, as they are all void of intelligence, and overall knowings of the land. They range in size as I put...

Orcs-Around seven feet tall with blue to green skin and pig like features.

Trolls-Around nine to twelve feet tall and green to brown skin with also less similar to pig piglike features. More just hairy.

Ogres-The same heighth as Trolls except much wider in muscle. They are incredibly strong, and ugly. They look the most like humans next to giants.

Giants-From twelve to a thousand feet tall. They are just as they are, giant men. Mainly quite ugly. Low intelligence.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2003, 11:52:42 PM »
Question:  Have you thought about developing your own world?  I have already said that I was trying to avoid orcs.  And I'm also trying to get away from some stereotypes.
Another thing, which I have not adequately explained, is that Antasia is a very low-magic world.  Therefore, not many famialiars or magical constructs.  There would be elementals, but only in a few regions.  I'll have to get some more of the geography posted so that I can define some other stuff.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2003, 11:50:53 AM »
Oh well I could never create my own world because no one would ever like to follow me. I can only suggest ideas. Fire Tiger Libra. I'm the perfect creative leader! Otherwise known as the Global Domination Dictator type. No one likes my ideals or anything I have to say so I let them...Hm, then maybe my idea for the Ancients would be a good idea in a low magic world. The Crafters can go to hell but I like my Ancients idea...It's sort of cool, y'know. Besides, when I try to write down a story or something my incredible amount of Attention Deficit Disorder kicks in and I have to find something new to do.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2003, 06:24:48 AM »
Who says you cannot create your own world?

Besides that disorder, you seem to have the Creative Overflow Syndrome. Creating a world is a great solution for the writing-obsessed. There is always something to add on, and the more you write, the more options open up before you. A world is never fully complete.

If you do not want/cannot concentrate on one thing, maybe try the 'Flesh it out' forum. While this whole place is about ideas and helping one another, right there are many posts that directly scream after being expanded by someone.

Just one more thing: try to actually read the threads before you join them. You surely want to know what people expected when they started them? And blindly adding xy races to a world that already has enough of them... well, you have got the response. It is also a good thing to note what kind of help the person needs in the first place.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild
    • Awards
subtypes...
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2003, 03:11:23 AM »
Humans (and any biologic creature) in a given area, tend to look the same.  This has given rise to our ethnic and regional groups, as people like each other tend to congregate and conjugate together.  So why we know the ranges for the various peoples, can we get info on what the peoples in a given area (mostly) look like?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2003, 12:05:49 AM »
I'm working on it.  That's going to take getting more of the geography and climate done, which is going to take time I haven't got at the moment.  I'm terribly sorry, but my life has more or less gone to purgatory in a pushcart (which is only a little better than going to hell in a handbasket.)  
But lets see what I can think of right off the top of my head.
The people living south of the Forgotten Mountains in the Great Wastes would probably be a swarthy type, and dark skinned, much like people in the Middle East and Africa.  They would probably dress in similar ways as well.
Umm... the forested areas would probably be much like the same types of areas in central Europe and North America.  So in those areas, people would look like Europeans or American Indians.  There are at the moment seven major forests: The Silver Wood, The Wyrde Wood, The Nameless Forest, Drinen Forest, the Theives' Wood, and The Wyldes.
The Black Lands are generally held to be an evil area, and this may appear in the population, say maybe a higher rate of deformities and disfigurements or people who look sickly.  This place is goverened by an oppressive atmosphere, and just about everyone, evil or not, will look sinister.
Lessee... the area north of the Sail Pass and the Dams is called the Nomansland.  Anyone from this area (which includes Drinen Forest), will probably appear to be what you'd normally expect, only a little... off in some fashion.  Maybe just a general feeling of wierdness, maybe full out madness.  This is a downright wierd place.  It's much what I imagine Alice's Wonderland was like as it transitioned into what it was in the game American McGee's Alice, minus the obvious and recognizable bits.  Or, if you read Xanth, a toned-down version of the Region of Madness.
Ummm.... that's about all I can think of at the moment.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2003, 11:13:06 PM »
Wow. A world full of quirky ideas and areas! I like it!

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2003, 02:54:29 AM »
Perhaps, in certain areas or situations, characters must roll a save. If successful, then nothing happens, but a bad roll sends the victim into fits of rage, or into a drunken stupor; then there's the possibillity of becoming mischievious or diabolic!!!!

Tinker with the madness idea, it could really add spice. Just make sure it is limited to specific situations or locations. Perhaps, certain dimentia only affects certain races.
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2003, 03:34:51 AM »
How about the area is magically connected to another dimension. Characters could fall prey to changing of alignments, or out of body experiences.

When an out-of-body experiences occurs, the character's soul is sent to the dimension to host a creature's body while the creature is doing the same in his/hers.
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2003, 09:52:15 AM »
Just a question, but have any of you ever thought of werewolves? And also have any of you heard of kenders...they're pretty much off this one book series though. I made up this 1 series once just for fun...I've never really used them though....  Basically what they are is humongous dogs that have telepathic poweres...ummm this doesn't really mean they can read your mind it just means when they talk you feel it in your mind.  They travel in herds and even though dogs are mammals...they reproduce by making eggs... they are usually black and the eyes are brown...they don't have anything to od with other races unless another race finds them.  The only race they really like are elves who may sometimes ride them to battle in times of war. Their are different kinds with different magical abilities.(thunder fire water).  Also what about griffons. And from what I know about dragons there are many kinds.  It depends on how you want them to be.  Like do they all breathe fire?? From what I think some are good and some are bad.  Here's my theory about them(ppl have different opinions)

Gold Dragon- breathes fire and is one of the good dragons.
Silver Dragon- breathes fire and is also one of the good dragons.
Blue Dragon- breathes electricity and is one of the evil dragons.
White dragon- breathes ice and is one of the evil dragons

And by the way there are many different hy-brids you can make. It's pretty interesting if you think about it.  Like could there ever be a half dragon half griffon? I guess you could never knoe unless you use it role-playing...and of course there are many different types of humans.  Magic-users warriors theifs, holy knights and so on. And of course there is that 3 headed drAGON i forget what its called....

There is also another creature called a  Water Kraken.  It's basically a giant octopus but the face has a mouth with giant teeth.  

Sometimes if you want your main character to be a mystical creature you need to imagine what that creature would be like, think of it as a human almost if you talk to people.By now you must be reading this thinking I should stop writing now...so I guess I will.
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2003, 09:54:48 AM »
But before I stop writing I just thought of something to say.  There is another creature we have failed to mention.  The half-ox half-man and also the Manticore, half-lion half-griffon half-sorpion.  It has the head of a lion. body of a griffon, and the tail of a scorpoin.  Okay now I'll stop...unless i think of something else...
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...