llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Humans  (Read 22631 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2003, 10:38:01 PM »
Hmm.  Lessee...
Monstrous creatures...
Weres of varying types would probably hang out in the Nomansland in Drinen Forest.  Might also be some others in most of the forested areas.
I don't know about kendar.  If you want to use them, go right ahead.  
Antasia is a low-magic world, so there probably wouldn't be many "magical" races.  I only figured six dragons.  Three good (gold, silver, peacock) and three evil (black, red, white).  Of course the colors could be changed.  The odder hybrids would probably be in the Nomansland or the Forgotten Mountains.  Hydras, don't know.  Maybe Nomansland or the Great Wastes.
Manticores, minotaurs, probably the Great Wastes.
Krakens, most likely the Poison Sea.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2003, 02:35:56 AM »
I think I'd really like you to flesh out the humongous dogs a little more (habitat, habits, diet, etc.). That, being something I've never heard of, is your best addition to this thread. And if you have other original works, by all means, type it up.

Ahem. Now let's say there are shape shifters that live amongst the races of the world. There is no real preference as to where they would live, nor what they eat; mostly they blend in with the surroundings of society they live in.

These beings are of a sentient race that have a high intelligence and are inherently adept at the following skills: stealth, acting, observation; and have the following inherent abilities: humanoid transformation (varies), and animal transformation, vegetation transformation.

Weaker, or younger, shifters will be able to shift into one or two of each ability type, while the stronger characters will have a variety of choices.

These beings not only live next to us, but also breed with those they are able to transform into; usually humanoid characters (though plants and animals are also used to spawn more). The offspring of these inherit the high intelligence and the skills and abilities of their parent, though these powers are inactive until puberty.

Guard dogs have a nose for shape shifters. They tend to growl and, at times, attack with out provocation. These dogs will not calm down until the presence of the being is gone.

Reaction to them is quite mixed. In the more rural areas they are feared, and at times, hunted. Within the larger forms of society they are more accepted, and even ignored; unless they use their abilities for fiendish acts. Rogue shape shifters can cause even their fellow shifter to hunt them down, to protect themselves.
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2003, 11:53:54 AM »
Let's not forget that this is Ria's thread...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2003, 07:06:16 PM »
No, he made good points.  I believe I shall have to start getting history worked out in order to explain things, and I will definitely have to finish the geography.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Cat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2003, 03:40:50 PM »
Great races, if I may add one?..
Elementals, which do not fall into the line of Feiries, including: sylphs, nymphs, dryads, fire-damons, and rock-damons.  They are extordinarily attractive, most having skin and hair the color of thier element (i.e. sylphs, who must change into the typ of tree they are named after when the moon is full, would have brown or green skin and green hair).  They are wilder than the fey folk (fairies), and will not submit themselves to any rules or laws, save those of nature.  They are tall, slender beings with flowing almost ethereal features.  They have a language all thier own, and most people think they are not intelligent.  This has not proven true since they are adept at capturing any of the other races they chose, and holding them prisoner in thier element (i.e. a Dryad would keep her lover in a tree).  They are generally female in appearance, and will live as long as thier element does.  Hence the stories about killing a dryad everytime you cut down a tree.
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell..."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »
Eh...

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2003, 01:52:21 AM »
I am afraid this is not realy a remark about races as such, but I think it could be very smart to start a thread about each race that you really want to develop into your world.

Right now, the whole thing seems to get pretty fuzzy and hard to read.
(Personaly I think the remark of the Captain in response to the post of Cat only emphasizes this point.)

By the way this does not mean that I say the general races thread should disappear. Ideas about new races and sometimes ideas that influence all or multiple races would be better of there.

Yours sincerly,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2003, 09:11:42 AM »
I might just do that.  It would definitely help keep things unconfused.

Offline Cat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2003, 04:40:38 PM »
Sorry, I spelled a word wrong in that post, but I fixed it.  You guys really don't know Irish and Scottish folklore if you don't know about elementals.  Especially Dryads and Sylphs.
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell..."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2003, 10:16:15 PM »
Cat, we're roleplayers. We already knew about those creatures, rest assured.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2003, 10:45:36 PM »
I knew about them, just didn't consider them elementals.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2003, 10:40:19 PM »
I have a suggestion on for a race.  :idea:

Wizerds, mysterious folk that are few and far between, they were an acinet race that populated the hillsides and mountains.  Wizerds are often like humans and often a little taller.  Each Wizerd though puts off a glow of light or shadow.  Very faint and only dtectable in night or vice versa for those who follow the Dark Arts of Wizerding.  Wizerds can hear and see almost as well as any elf but have a sixth sense that seems to tell them when some one is close by or if someone has particuly violent emotions towards the wizerd or a loved one.  Not too many years ago the wizerds of Anastia gathered together at the secret Wizerd city on top of of the tallest mountain in the land.  Since Wizerds have the ability to travel outside this plane geography does not slow their mvement like other species though they only use they only use their powers in times of grreat need.  At this meeting the followes of the DarkArt or DarkSide laid a trap to capture the more powerful wizerds and to get them to help them in their path for domination this spawned the first battle of the wizerd war.  The war itslef lasted 2 days.  An elf scout who made a visit to the wizerd city a day after was the first to witness the destruction of a fine race.  It is believed that wizerd became extinct that that day.  But rumors have a wizerd that visits the halfing form time to time.  And everynow and again a half wizerd will be discovered because some wizerds disguised themselves as humans and fell in love with one or another.  But also here & there is a great myth in the Wizerding legend that was told to the elfish folk long ago that one day a great dark wizerd would come from the out of the North to seek to resurrect the followers of the dark arts and start up again the belief in a wizerding empire.

Wizerds are also called mages sorcers/soceresses, or spell casters in other tongues.

thx for hearing my idea
 :)

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2003, 01:27:32 AM »
lol i missed the other 3 pages of stuff i just read the 1st page and forgot to look at all of it.  :x  doh! ok I'll leave my idea but i did hear on low maigc. you can kick my idea if you want.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2003, 01:47:32 AM »
Actually, it's not a bad idea.  As long as there weren't very many of them, and they weren't all phenomenally powerful an stuff, it could work.  Most normal people would be in awe of them or afraid of them, especially if they had a distinctive look.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2003, 01:50:56 AM »
This is idea i just had and thought i'd throw out for you.

Fallen Human.  A agent of darkness, a great warrior corupted with sin bitness, despair, hunger for power, and lust.  When an extremely sinful human man dies he rises again.  As an agent of whatever is the equilvant of Satan in Antasia.  Few and far between they remain in this life only as long as the furfill the wishes of their taskmaster.  Then dragged off into hell.  Incased in black armor and armed with a sword then ride armored likewise.  They are technicly undead.  But can be killed by decapitation, very powerful magic or fulfilling the mission in which they go to Hell.  Fierce Warrios until the end, but the are mindless and are only vessels for the Dark Master to control.  Very short life span after reincarnation.  Most humans believe this is only a myth since it has not happened to anyone in a long.  You would have to live a very evil life to suffer this fate.

Im kinda thinkin this as an evil NPC an underlord to who ever is the major baddy here.  :twisted: Not really magic just fate.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2003, 10:17:21 PM »
cool oh yeah are we going to get started on this adventualy?

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2003, 10:23:05 PM »
Umm... maybe.  I've just started some realworld playtesting, but it couldn't hurt to play on here...

Offline Tidus

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2003, 09:58:04 PM »
Saurians

Saurians are upwards of eight feet tall, though they are not lanky. The Saurian posture is a hulking hunched over appearance allowing them to angle their bodies while running. The Saurians weigh on average five hundred kilos because of their musculature and heavy set bones and skeleton. They carry a huge Kin Sword, the Kin Sword is two handed and has a blade of around five feet in length. It is made of heavily forged steel. The steel is hard wearing and will not, on average break. The sword wieghs ninety kilos but is light wieght to the Saurians. Their skin colour is a taned green but is very hard to see under their heavily covered body armour. The armour is split into six sections.

<<MORE TO COME>><< I'M AT SCHOOL AND IT'S TIME TO GO>>
out of the ashes of war, heros have risin, only to renew the flames.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »
The Ancients

Many Mileinna a great people lived among the world of Antasia, not very many people know of them, even now they are more legend and myth than historical fact.  But many ruins have been found across the land, some say a few skilled Mages work the machines the ancients left behind.  Ancient paintings and portraits show the ancients as a tall people more than seven or eight feet with pale sky blue skin, and rather large eyes than ranged from dark red, dark blue, dark green, grey, gold, or black.  The ancients also had to subservant races that acted as warriors, slaves, and egineers.  These races were never the focus of any portraits or paintings but records were found.  

Mesmorites:  Small only a short three feet tall they have skinny runty bodies and small beady black bodies, and beaky like mouths with large slits for noses.  They had an incredible sense of smell. The were used as common infantry and slaves.  They were equiped with large turle shell like armor that they could hide in.  Making them hard to kill, they were armed with small pisol like blaze sticks and roved in packs across a battle field overwhelimg an opponent with numbers.  

Trakne:  These were tall wide shouldered brutes but smart and clever.  They were the battlefield commanders but kept few and far between for they hard to control.  They had full body armor so there was never much description, they used a heavy stick that as powerful as some veichle mounted sticks.  

Egineers:  Nothing but small sentienets gaseous balloons and tenicals.  They had no spoken language but it is suspected they used telepathy to communicate. They could manipulate magic and any machinery very well, they were very mindless drones.  

But at the end of Reign of the Great Emperor Tisus his two twin sons Kyot and Swemmel battled for the throne.  It is said they resorted to using magic so powerful they set the very ley lines themselves on fire and the world burned. Few journal discoveries were found but as indicated all races were wiped out.   For more many milennia there was no history or writing then slowly at first elven writing were found and slowly the other races to day developed.  But none had the use of knowledge to build what the ancients once had.

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2004, 12:56:53 PM »
Dejy

A people who dwelled in the Eastern Jungles for who knows how long they were said to be the direct decendents of ancients, who were the first people to dwell on the world. Their height is tall and their bodies usually tan and lithe, they are humans, but not humans, maybe a new mix of elf and human. They have the strength and adaptabilty of a human and have the agility, sight, and hearing of an elf. They are great spear users and were once slaves under the Kasmir
Evil Is A Faceless Stranger,
Living In A Distant Neighborhood
Evil Has A Wholesome, Hometown Face
With Merry Eyes And An Open Smile
Evil Walks Among Us, Wearing A Mask
Which Looks Like All Our Faces

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2004, 01:04:13 PM »
There is many diffrent kinds of elves if you think about it
Dark Elf
Wood Elf
High Elf
Grey Elf
Wild Elf
Desert elf: my own kind
White Elf

Offline Sentinel

• Master
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2004, 01:04:46 PM »
Does anyone know what an Ent is, shouldn't we add that to the list of races?

Offline Pheonix down

• Nomad
    • http://www.discoduck.co.uk
    • Awards
Races
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2005, 12:40:53 PM »
Dark elves are supposed to be elves that were banished because they learnt offencive magic.
  Im not sure you would define that as a completly different race.

But it's your world- you decide the rules.
Which would you choose? fantasy or real world?

I CHOOSE FANTASY.

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
DRAGOONS
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2005, 06:47:38 AM »
Dragoons are the dragon winged gaurdians of dragons. They were created by the Dragons to protect them from the Humans after the Dragon Hunt.

They are not very magical, bu are strong, average speed, and great tactitions. They are either mercs, or bounty hunters, unless they choose to stay as the Dragons gaurdians. They are a proud race, an wont accept defeat. They love a good fight, and look forward to massive battles.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Gigantos
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2005, 06:53:06 AM »
Gigantos are massive, a mix between ogre and human. They usually stand at 7'0, and are basically made of muscle. They can crush huge boulders with one hand. They are slow , but obviously make up for it. They are dumb, but honorable. They are not well liked by the other races, and are easily angered.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God