llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plot Index  (Read 1276 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Plot Index
« on: December 23, 2003, 06:43:55 PM »
I replaced the Plot Index page with the updated one. Please give the new search a try and if that, or anything else gives you problems, then let me know.

Thanks.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Plot Index
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 03:33:38 AM »
Couple of bugs:

1. It shows Plot Name | Author Name when you order it by some criteria but Plot Name | Setting | Author when you order it by others and Plot Name | Character | Setting | Author when you order it by others! In fact when you order it by setting, it doesn't tell you what kind of setting each one is, which would be useful...

2. Ordering by author doesn't seem to work.

Apart from that it's fine! I especially like the way the current page number is highlighted in red.

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Plot Index
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 03:42:55 AM »
Well, I think that bug is a user created.

This is what I did and let me know if you agree.

When the setting or class does not show up that means it is good for *Any* setting or for *Any* class.

Is that good or bad? I like it...but you are right, it doesn't do much for understanding the sorting. I took the *Any* out because if it is for any then I didn't see a purpose for pointing it out...it just is. Same for class, I only show the class when it is for a specific class, otherwise it can be used for *Any*.

Bad idea?

I still have to work on the author one. Since the actual usernames are stored in a different table it is an awkward sort that I have been stalling on. I will have to sort the other table by name, put the order and name into an array, then parse the array out while matching the id to the other table with the submissions....or something like that. Just need to get to it, and I will, but after I get a few other things going.

Thank you for taking the time to check it out. That is exactly what I need...as well as some help deciding whether or not I should put the Setting: Any and Class: Any back.

Level 3

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Plot Index
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 06:13:49 AM »
I reversed the order on the setting ones so that the "Water" setting will come up first. Before it started with "Any" which was blank so didn't make sense.

Now all the "Any" settings are at the end....but the are still blank.

Level 3

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Plot Index
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 04:37:38 PM »
I see! That makes more sense now. I'd say it'd be even more bewildering to order things in reverse! I think it'd make it more user-friendly if the "Any" was left in and the alphabetical order restored. I know it confused me for a bit!

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival