llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The past comes only to stalk ((All come and join))  (Read 4427 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • http://www.avidgamers.com/tesn
    • Awards
The past comes only to stalk ((All come and join))
« on: December 23, 2003, 03:44:01 PM »
((Hi first time rping here so typed kinda a lot :oops: u know give a good first inpression. anyways u don't have type as much as did if anyone replys which I hope someone does))

Ken once again found him self dreaming…

“Know, Know Ken, don’t go to far ahead. I don’t want you to get lost.” A beautiful woman, named Varie, had called out. A boy, only tree years old, came running around the corner. “I wont Mother”

“Come here silly.” Varie knelt down so she was on the same level as her son. “Lets get some of this dirt of your face.”

“Mooom” Ken whined “Can’t we keep going”

“Of course we can,” She wipes Kens face with a small cloth “But first give me a kiss”

Ken gave her a kiss on the cheek and then ran ahead. Varie got up and started to fallow him. She was a tall woman with long white wavy hair. She had beautiful light blue orb’s that sparkled even in the dark. She wore long white robes with gold trimmings, and flowers in her hair. What made it all complete were the large white wings.

Ken on the other hand wore all black robs, with nothing on his feet but thin velvet. His long blue hair only makes it to his shoulders sometimes covering his dark blue orb’s which have a very cat like features. The biggest feature on him is his large black wings, they are said to be darker then even the darkest shadows.

Ken had run ahead on the path. He loved going on walks with his mother. It was fun to get away from the old hut. His father would never come with them but that didn’t bother Ken. His father was a very busy man and besides he scared him.

Ken was now walking down the path when he saw a large patch of red followers. He thought they were very beautiful and decided that his mother would love them. So he picked as many as he could hold and started to walk back in the direction his mother was.

He continued to walk down the path towards his mother, but she never came into view.

“MOM” he called, but got no answer “Mom were are you” he called again, but got no answer. He continued to walk still not seeing his mom.  “MOM, MOM were are you?” Ken started to get worried. He continued to walk, and walk till finely he made it back to the hut. Maybe a monster or something attacked his Mother. This worried him. What should he do?

The first thing he taught of was to tell his father. He never talked to him much but he thought that this was an emergency. His father had tolled him not to bug him unless it was an emergency. Ken ran down the path to the back of his hut, where an old shack his father used for a study stood. He had tears running down his face.

“Father, father, father” He yelled when he entered the room, running towards his father. But then all of a sudden he stopped. His father was talking to a thin tall man wearing all black, with red trimming.

Ken new this man. He only ever saw him when something had gone wrong.

“Father,” Ken started “Mom’s gone missing. We were walking and then she disappeared, and I looked I couldn’t find her. What if she was attacked?” He started to cry even harder.

Ken’s father looked strait into Kens eye’s “Ken, I want you to listen very carefully.” His father looked down on Ken. “Your Mom is not coming back.”

“NO” Ken yelled at his father “No, she is coming back. We just have to find her.” He looked up at his father, tears running down his checks.

“No, she not, Ken.” His father said in a very calm voice “She is dead”

That’s when Ken woke up from his nightmare. He had been having the same dream night after night making it so he couldn’t sleep very long. Long lines of sweet ran down his back remembering that dreadful day. The day his life had changed forever.

He was now 16 years old and had run away from home after his father mysteriously died. He had been living his last year as thief steeling what he needed or wanted. I can’t keep living like this” His mumbled to himself as he sat up from the bottom of the tree. He had sat down to rest under a large willow tree and fell asleep, casing him to go back to horrible past and now regretted ever sitting down to rest.
Your town called, their missing their idiot!

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 06:45:25 PM »
A girl passes by him looking around confused. "I thought I passed this tree hours ago..." she said to herself not noticing Ken. "Perhaps I shouldn't have left the village." she said with a sigh. "They were right, I would never make it on my own." she admitted bitterly.
She sits down on the grass and looks at the pastel sky. "Perhaps if I think it over, I will rember the way home." she sat there for a while thinking things over and finally says. "Ah ha, I know...If I just pass that bush over there and continue going north I'll get home." she gets up and starts heading for the bush, but not until then did she see Ken. She looks over to him blankly feeling foolish. "I hope he didn't hear me talking to myself..." she faces him. "Hello...I didn't see you there." she gave a weak smile.
I'm insane... wait no I'm not, that's my other personality. *grins*

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 11:39:43 PM »
Ken looked up at the lady his dark blue giving off no shine from the sun "I'm just quit" He said with a slight smile. His voice was still child like but low and cold. He didn't get along with others very well for his snobbish attitude he had picked up from his father but even so most didn't get a chance to even talk to him very long. He was alone most of his life, locked away like a mad dog.

Now he was free but didn't know how to get along with others very well. He made sure he always said please and thank you as his mother had once told him to always say but that was about all he could remember. "It sounds to me as, you have lost your way" He said pulling his long blue hair out of his face.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 06:48:18 AM »
"Yes..." she said angry with herself. "Do you know if there is a town nearby?" she asked. She spoke very simply and quickly.

She notices his tone of voice, it seemed arrogant to her, it made her feel some what uncomfortable and offended. "Am I on private property or something?" she asked herself.

She gave him a smile hopeing that he would be able to help her.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2003, 05:30:43 PM »
Ken looked at her his eyes narrowing for a moment until he looked away, “There’s a small village about three hours that way� He pointed left and then turned his head the other direction “Or was it that way? Well either way if you keep walking you got to run into a town or something sometime, am I right?� He said with a smile as he got up.

As he got up you could see that he carried a long fancy sword by his side along with a short dagger on his right arm. Besides that he carried nothing not even a pack for food or water. His long black wings were neatly pulled back and looked as if they had never been used before as not a feather was out of place.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 05:52:12 PM »
She smiles. "Well I suppose i'm bound to find some village...but the problem is is that I am on sort of a time limit." she sighs and them mumbles under her breath. "I'll never make it back in time...I'm a shame to my family...I shall never inherit their good name." she said depressed.
"Im sorry for wasting your time, thank you for helping me." she started to turn away then got a glimpse of his wings she quickly turned around to marvel at the wings. They looked beautiful to her, they seemed so perfect she never saw anything like them. "Amazing..." she said quietly and turned around once more, it was rude to stare. She started to walk away smiling and waved.
She wondered if she acually saw the wings or if was her immagination.
"It couldn't be possible for someone to have wings, right?" she asked herself stopping abruptly.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 07:26:10 PM »
"Some kind of a village test or something your on?" Ken asked looking up at the sky. It was getting dark and cloudy out and he could tell there would be a large thunderstorm before nightfall. "I would fly you home but I've never learned how to fly" He said after a moment of studding the sky. He had noticed her looking at his wings and thought he would just make that fact clear. He had had many chances to learn how to fly but had a very good reason why he wouldn't.

"Oh and I wouldn't go that way, you'll just end up back here. I don't know why but I just keep end up finding my way back at this tree. It's a pain I must say"

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 07:39:52 PM »
She looks back over to him "Well it is sort of like a test...its to see if I am worthy of my fathers acceptance." she said sadly. "My fathers sort of hero to the village...but he's getting older so he wants to see if I will be able to protect my village once he's gone." she says. She always wanted her fathers acceptance ever since she was a child, she had her chance and now it was slipping away. She looks at his wings once more. "I understand, and besides even if you could I wouldn't have let you, I need to do this on my own." she said with a kind smile. "I was just admiring them." She starts to walk back over to the tree. "I'm sorry I havent introuduced myself, I'm Kara." she said holding out her hand.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 07:51:40 PM »
"I know how feel" He sighed coldly. He worked hard every day to impress his father but it seemed everything he had ever done wasn’t good enough. His father had wanted one thing and that was power. He had believed that Ken had that power but sadly Ken had no idea what he what power he was talking about. He trained hard every day to learn how to use this power but everything accomplishment he achieved was not good enough. He could remember his father voice ringing out amongst the cold shadows of the room "Do it again"

Ken looked down at the Kara's hand not sure what she why she holding it out. He had not learned the proper way of introducing yourself, as he never met very many people where he had lived. "My name is Ken" He said looking down on her "I would hope you get home soon as a big storm is on it way. It should hit us before night"

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2003, 07:55:27 PM »
"Well nice to meet you." she drops her hand back to her side. She looks up at the sky. "Yes I guess I should get going." her smile fades. "Will you be able to get home safely?" She asks him. She didn't mind if the storm did come and sweep her away as she was tring to find her way home, she was dreding going home and having to face her fathers dissapointment in her, hoever she did care about others safety.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 08:12:02 PM »
"I... don't have a home... anymore" Ken said turning away "I'll probably just find some kind of a shelter or something. You on the hand look like you have never lived out in wild on your own. I think your father will be more worried for your safe return home rather then if you make it there in a certain amount of time. He must of been crazy to let you take a test when it is obvious that it was going to storm out tonight... innless he thought you can do it" Ken turned slightly and eyed her.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 08:22:19 PM »
"You dont have a home?" she said. "I can't let you stay here with a storm out." she says conserned. "Please come with me...perhaps you could help me find my village and I could get you a place to live." she said with a smile not being one to abandon anyone.
"My father chose this night on purpose, it was supposed to test my strenght of survival." she says. "I am useless and a shame to the family if I come home late...I am supposed to make it home in a day." she looks back up to the sky then back to Ken. "Will you accept my offer?" she asked.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 08:33:35 PM »
Ken's expression went blank when she offered to let him come with her and even maybe help him find a home. No one had ever cared enough to offer such things. Perhaps that's why he chose to steel things from others. "I'll help you find your way back home" Ken said with a smile "I'm pretty much sure the village I saw was that way" He pointed and awaited for her to begin to walk.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 08:44:41 PM »
She smiled happy that he accepted her offer. "Thank you." she said happily. She began to walk in the direction he said to go. She watched the sky carefully. She began to figure out how long she had been out there, she figured that talking to Ken took away some time but she knew that with her new companion that she could make it.
"This has been my first time out of the village...I know it sounds strange, but it was too dangerous to venture far from town, I heard all kinds of rumors about wild animals attacking people. How were you able to survive out here?" she asked having encountered one on her way back to the town, luckily she was able to elude the creature.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 09:02:38 PM »
Ken smiled at that her talk about wild animals but did not look at her "I'm sometimes considered a wild animal." he replied in a common tone of voice. "Besides Most beasts leave me alone. I have a way scarring them off" He was often called a Demon or beast for small things he had done. Well some would not call them 'small things' but his way life. He hunted animals and other creatures for food not needing a fire to eat them. He had burned down a village or two along his little adventure but it was by accident. He was still learning how to use magic. And so maybe he killed a man before but it was only to protect himself. Most people get mad when he's caught steeling something from them. "So tell me a little about your village" Ken said quickly trying to change the subject.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2003, 09:17:40 PM »
She looks at him smiling. "Your not a wild animal." she said in a caring tone. She watches the path it seemed to be worn down like it had been used a few times. "I think we are close to the village." she said jubelently.
"My village is pretty common, its run by my father. Ever since he saved the village from an attack." she said bitterly because of the pressure of being a leaders daughter and always having to follow in his footprints. "We have a lot of shops and a few inns." she says. "I usually wander around the market place and look at all the new items." Leaving her home was the only way she could be free from her fathers high expectations. She continues to walk.
"I'm sure my father will let you live somewhere after all you did help me." she said smiling

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2003, 09:28:46 PM »
"Thank you very much! It would be nice to settle down for a while" Ken said trying to equally as kind. He then began to wonder just how long he would be able live in her village before getting kicked out. Or maybe the question was how long he could keep his hands off of other peoples possessions so he doesn't get kicked out. Hopefully no one else would care about his long black wings, or call him monster. This was girl was looked certain that he would like living in her village; he just didn't want to disappoint her. "Well it looks like you wont have to worry about disappointing your father anymore" Ken said suddenly as a village came into view. You should be proud of your self. You have done this all on your own, all I did was keep you company."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2003, 09:38:28 PM »
She smiles. "Thank you." her eyes lit up as she saw her village she was overjoyed and glad that she was able to make it, she didn't think it was possible. She knew that she probably would have never gotten home if Ken didn't direct her. She looks back over to him. "I couldn't have done it without you, thank you." she hugs him. She begins to run. "I hope I made it in time." she said nerveosly still not sure if she made it.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2003, 09:47:58 PM »
Had she... Had he just been hugged? The shock of it all just made him go stiff. He hadn't been hugged by anyone but his mom before and now this girl was so happy that he helped her a little that she hugged him. It kind of made him feel good about himself for once.

Ken snapped out of his sudden shock seeing that she had ran in head of him. "Hay wait up" He said running after her "Is this right village?" He asked as he got a little closer to her, "I really hope it is"

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2003, 10:02:04 PM »
"Yes, I can tell by the tall pointed roof on the church." she starting to slow down. "It was specially designed with tiles of engraved glass." she said. She walks up to the gates of the village where two gaurds were gaurding it due to her fathers strict rules about the village being closed off to intruders. She states her name to the gaurds and tells them to let in Ken, they obey and open the gates for them. A croud surrounds them. Kara's eyes dart around the crowd for her father, but he was no where to be found. The crouds faces were all grave, had she missed the deadline? They lead them into the town hall. The head counsil member speaks solomly. "Your father, shortly after you left whent into the woods to search for you, he felt he designated too difficult task." he stops. Kara didn't like the face he had, it was saddened. "What happened to my father?" she asked nerviously. The Counsil member gulped down hard. "He got attacked by a wolf...he is dead."
Karas eyes widened in shock she felt as if a knife was plunged into her. Her knees became weak and gave out from beneath her. She couldn't believe it...It couldn't be possible. The one time her father could have been proud of her and he was gone.
The crowd cleared out and it was an empty building with the members around the table.
"Now to discuss your role in this town...as you know you are the only living family of Lord Derf...and you passed the test even faster than expected" the member told her. "This means you are the new leader of the village."
"No...I will not accept the title..." Kara said coldly, she didn't want to be a leader, she just wanted to dissapear. She looks over to the members.
"Someone has to be the leader...you have to choose someone." the member said.
"Fine..." she looks around the room for a worthy leader, she never liked any of the members, they were all greedy and power hungry. She looks over to Ken. "Will you take the title of leader of this village?" she asked him emotionlessly.

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2003, 09:32:57 PM »
((Sorry I havn't posted back yet... Im trying to think of something good to say to ur post))

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2003, 09:21:09 AM »
((Its ok, take your time. *waits* *twiddles thumbs*))

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 06:25:45 PM »
((...*waits for a reply*))

Offline Ken

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 07:10:43 PM »
‘Why do these people seem so sad?’ was the first thing that came to Ken’s mind when he saw the village people. Something was not right he and you didn’t have to sense it to know. He had lessoned and fallowed around, not saying a word. That’s when they told her... Kens stomach felt like someone had lightly punch him in the stomach as watched her expression. She was one who would have cared so much about her father. He wished he could tell her he knew how she felt and that everything will be ok but he couldn’t. Yes his father was dead as well but he didn’t care for his father like she cared for hers. He had lost his mother who he had loved very much but that was so long ago and he had forgotten what it was like to love someone. He felt unless being here. How could he try to comfort her if he had no clue how? He didn’t know how to talk to someone very well as he had been isolated from other in his child hood. But she looked so sad that he began to feel sad. "Ar- are you going to be ok?" He asked standing next to her.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2004, 02:12:30 PM »
She looks up to him her face still struck with shock. "I...I don't know..." she said, her voice broken.
She still didn't believe that her father was dead, she felt horrible, like it was her fault. "It was all my fault..." she starts to break down. "He had to go search for me since he thought I was weak...If I wasn't weak...he wouldn't have had to search..." she starts to cry.
She wished that it was all a horrible dream, that this wasn't real she wanted to wake up, but she couldn't, it was as real as day.
She was now faced with a choice, who would rule over the village? She didn't want to, she felt that she was worthless, her fathers death was on a count of her.
She looks back down to the floor then back up to Ken. "I'm sorry...I didn't expect it to be like this when you entered the village, please forgive me." she said apologetically.