llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: News  (Read 7161 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
News
« on: October 13, 2002, 12:19:10 PM »
Well, well.  This is for people who would like to help me develop a world that I started.  It's called Antasia.  Sooner or later, I'll have what I've got posted.  Everything that I have is just basically a starting point, and is by no means carved in stone, or even in wood.  Some of this stuff was influenced by D&D, among other things.  Feel free to make suggestions.  Info about updates will be here.  Right now, I have the races, languages, and some mercenary companies up.  I'm working on geography (I have to gat a decent map made.)  I think the next section will be People of Note.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
News
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 05:58:43 PM »
Gotta start somewhere. Any specific area you want ideas on. I am better with a goal   :wink:

I like the Mercenary Companies!! Do you have histories for them or is what you see is what you get? I may start a thread or two on them and play with the histories. A good history or story behind their creation can really define them and give great hooks for the future.

Give me a description to put up on the main forum topic as well.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
News
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 06:41:33 PM »
Okie-dokie.  I know that I have been shamefully lax about keeping this up, but I have had a lot of junk to do, and not enought time to do it in.  (And right now, just about everything except for my class work is on hold.)  I promise I am working on getting another part finished enough to post.  This is priority for Thanksgiving Break, assuming something more demanding doesn't decide to pop up.  Again, I'm sorry.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
News
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 06:59:38 PM »
Never have to worry about pressure from me. Look how long it is taking just to get "new submissions" working on the main pages. As long as you are having fun doing it, that is the only requirement as far as I am concerned.

You don't know how many times I have snuck in here from doing math and longfully looked at all those little ideas your post has created. I would love to spend a day just goofing off with some histories and such.

Alas, I have a couple finals coming up at the end of this month that I HAVE to do well on. To say my carreer depends on them is sort of an understatement. If I can ace them I have a chance at much bigger things.

So school is my unwavering main priority for me as well, and everything else I can sneak in is frosting on the cake. No apology needed or accepted. :wink: I am sure everybody here will agree.

Level 3

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
News
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 01:15:12 PM »
Yaaayyyy!!!  Finals are over!  That means I should actually get this thread updated soon!  Whee!   :D

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
News
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2002, 02:30:44 PM »
Congrats. I still have another two weeks to go.

I have been eyeballing those Dark Knights too. Wanted to punch some keys about them a couple nights ago, but went back to studying. If I started I would have got nothing done. Goes for a lot on this site, so I have been trying to stay away as much as possible unfortunately. :roll:

Level 3

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
News
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 05:48:10 AM »
I am afraid I will not help you too much in developing your world.
I am developing mine as it is, but I do like the discussion that are going on here, as they give me the posibility to rethink what I am doing.

I do have one suggestion for you however... Sometimes choosing a smart geography may be very helpfull, as it may eliminate the need for having a map of the entire world.
The problem with a map of your world is that it will limit you in some ways later on.
This is also the reason why I chose to make Teolin a island world. All I need to do, is make maps of the smaller islands. I did not create a map that shows the positions of the island relative to each other. Maybe some time in the future I will do so, but It is not realy something that I find usefull at least not for now.

If this is not to your liking, consider having a large mountain ridge that surrounds "the known world". This gives you the option to later expand the world, by exploring beyond those mountains.

Yours,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
News
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 08:47:18 PM »
Well, Antasia is a small-to-mid-size region/kingdom, bordered on all sides by hostile environments.  To the north is the Nomansland, a downright freaky place.  South is the Great Wastes, an uncharted desert, filled with all kinds of unfriendlies.  To the west is the Poison Sea, which even the bravest pirates will not sail.  And to the east, across the Sea of Maddil, is the Land of the d**ned, which people only speak of in whispers.
And I only placed the major landmarks and cities.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
News
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 11:05:07 PM »
Update time.  I know that I haven't kept up with this as well as I should.  Blame school, work, and sleep.  But...!  I'm actually working on a decent set of maps and geographical descriptions.  I've made some changes to some of the classes, which will eventually get posted.  Also, I've started getting the political systems worked out (but that is going to take for-freaking-ever.)
Anyway.  I'm going to start the first stages of playtesting in a week or so.  
Yeah.  That's about all I had to say.

Offline Chi Chio

• Apprentice
    • Awards
News
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 01:07:36 PM »
Have you considered making the being who inhabit 'Antasia' to be anthropomorphic? ( You know, like an animal-humanoid  :wink: )

Sorry, just an idea, some of my favorite roleplaying games are in fantasy anthropomorphic worlds!
"It is often argued whether the Red Panda is a cousin of the Panda or relative of weasels and raccoons. If asked, a Red Panda would annoyingly reply that they are the descendants of other Red Pandas."

Offline Czernobog

• Apprentice
    • Awards
a word on merc. companies
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 01:55:53 PM »
a long time ago a friend and  i came up with an incomplete game setting that featured mercs of many different walks. We had the concept of something called a dervish.
A dervish is a hired gun working for a religious institution that has no belief in the faith he serves. Sort of like Crusaders that would just as easily have joined the Arabs of medaeval palestine if the price was right. or even political parties that hire out. it creates the flexible dynamic of two mercenary individuals whom are employed by rival sects, but neither is really a beleiver of their employers dogma. hence, although they carry the flag of enemy sects, the necessarily are not opposed to one another.
  Also, in the vein of religous sects or political parties, why not fighting monks and suicide bombers? maybe a revolutionary group with a Komsomol type youth brigade. In the game world we had worked on there were two main states, a theocracy and an orwellian police state. We kept the ideology vague. both states had their fanatic fighters and their hired armies. A hired fighter of the Police state was a merc. while A hired gun of the Theocracy was a dervish. Just an idea

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
News
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 05:45:44 PM »
"Hired gun"? It's not technopunk, man. At least, I don't think it is, is it, Ria?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
News
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004, 05:50:25 PM »
No.

Offline Exodus_storm

• Apprentice
    • Awards
News
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 06:08:56 AM »
Hi Ria i want to ask you one questionm, how about religion in your world? Wath kind of structure it has, and how powerful it is?

Offline Dragoon God

• Adept
    • Awards
Religion
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 06:12:34 AM »
And not only one religion either, even in America people believe in something. Except for aytheists. Which brings me to my question, is there going to be a cult? Like a cult that tries to overtrn the church so they cant spread any more 'lies'. This would be a good point for the mercs/hired guns to come in to protect the church. It would also make a good thread.
"Impossible is just a word to make everyone feel better about giving up"- Dragoon God