llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dark Lands: The prison of death  (Read 22441 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Dark Lands: The prison of death
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2004, 05:50:23 PM »
As the heavy eyelids slide shut once again, Searren bows, tracing a single sigil of flame in the air with his fingers. "May Zevarith lend you the light to see and the speed to react, guardian." After his rune fades away, he turns and speaks. "Let us be gone from this place. There will be nothing for us here that we want."

Choosing a tunnel almost at random, he gestures down it with the candleless hand. "We will go this way for now. It seems to slope upwards."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2004, 06:03:17 PM »
Coal Dog shrugged. He seemed to be doing a lot of shrugging lately. Fate was unnavoidable, he supposed.
"Sounds good to me."
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2004, 06:13:11 PM »
Andimia looks up at the snake sculpture like she's thinking hard. She studies it closely, squinting,as if it would come alive and tell them the way out. giving up she turns to follow the rest of the party as they leave the statue to it's vigil.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2004, 10:23:16 PM »
Tarquin shifts a hand up, moving to lay it apon the chest of the stone statue, but, as the Tras, hand behind back, summoned that null-magic again, the mage hissed quietly, then paused, and finally lowered his hand, tearing his gaze away from the statue, back to the group. As that anti-magic fades, though, he relaxes slightly. Hm, that 'Vic' may be a useful beast to consume... but then, Tarquin was power-hungry, but not a fool. And especially in his weakened state, he was not going to risk it. All the same, he says nothing as the party selects a direction to move on, and his gaze constantly turns back to that statue... what if he took only one, and the other three remain to look over this 'vic'...
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2004, 08:58:02 PM »
OOC: I'm going to assume you took the soul, Shadow.

The soul, trapped for eons within the statue, felt a spiritual tug from the Material Realm. Averting its gaze from the roaring demonic Vic chained with spectral fetters in the center of the room, the soul changed his sight to see into the Material. There was that curious mage, the one who had looked at him so....
Uraaaaagh!
The soul clung to its stone shell as the sorceror tore at it.
Must not be drawn into him! Cold...He is so cold!

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2004, 11:55:50 PM »
OOC: Hehe ok, though he didnt. But a question: If Tarquin uses his spiritual sight he will be able to see this 'Vic', yes?

IC: Tarquin sighed faintly and pressed a hand against that statue, initiating that technique learned by him so long ago to withdraw the soul and absorb it. Thusly, Tarquin wrenches that ancient soul from the source of the stone, melding it to his own. Tarquin exhales loudly at the feel of that replenishing presence, umbuing him with new strength and increasing his own maximum reserves for power. It was now, of course, that Tarquins mind began to function far better - what if he were to obtain the soul of this 'Vic', which was supposed to be so powerful... Then, perhaps, he could hold far greater power. Enough, perhaps to be free of this place and his annoying 'allies', and to also wreak vengeance and torture to the betrayer who sent him into this prison in the first place... Tarquins gaze shifts back, gleaming a brilliant crimson beneath that hood once again, and his gaze slides over to the statue of that serpent, studying for the signs of a soul, or presence to absorb...

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2004, 12:28:15 AM »
OOC: Yes, he would be able to see it.

In the spectral realm, the Vic lay chained in a great coil around the material serpent sculpture, mirroring that graven image like the greatest snake ever seen. Small withered limbs sprouted from it at intervals, and its scaled brow was crowned with curved horns. Spectral predators, called sluagh, loped through  the room, seeking lost souls and other spectral creatures to devour. One of the sluagh came too near to the Vic, whose withered limb fleshed up and snatched the galloping spectre-beast. The snake-thing gulped the ghost predator greedily.
"Huuuungry....Musssst beeeee freeeeeee...." it muttered sibilantly, eyes blazing with blue fire in the muted blue-green tones of the spectral realm. "The...time of my essssscape...Issss sssoooooon...."
There! The Vic's eyes focused on the fourth hated guardian soul. It was not there!
The snake-demon began to strain against its chains. The other guardian souls began to drift from their sculptures to restrain him. But the the Vic was too strong for but three of these guardians, and devoured them much like it had devoured the poor sluagh.
"I am releassssssed!," it hissed. "Now I musssst free my brethrennnnn!"
The spectral serpent glided across the floor and up the passage that, in the material world, was the egress of the travellers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
In the material world, Coal Dog shivered as a sudden chill filled the hallway. "Ugh! So cold!" he gasped. But it was gone as soon as it came.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2004, 01:17:44 AM »
Tarquin's eyes widen as he studies the spectral figure of this snake slither up past them. To those watching, his head would be turning as though watching something unseen glide by them. Expressionless features curl into a faint smile at the sight of this, and he abruptly speaks, "Well, no need to waste any more time here, methinks... I suggest we go that way..." He nods the direction that spectral 'vic' went. next time he saw it, he was not going to let it get past.

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2004, 04:11:04 PM »
Searren's bronze armor flashes with a sudden flame as it senses the danger of the spirit-beast passing over him, his candle guttering and blowing out. He grimaces, and glances back, noting the change in the sorcerer, though he can only guess at what's been done. For now, he can only pray that it will not return to haunt them, and to press on.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »
Jade paused, her hair standing on end.  She let out a soundless, cat-llike hiss.  There was something else with them.  Something that shouldn't have been there.  And she now caught the very faint, but unmistakable and vaguely unpleasant smell of snake.  Her eyes darted around the room, trying to catch sight of it, to no avail.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2004, 08:20:43 PM »
Andimia pulled her cloak around her as a chill spread throughout her body. She was happy that somebody seemed confident in which direction they should head, and ready to move on.
"Yeah, I don't think we should linger here anymore."

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • http://lithiumproductons.com/forums/
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2004, 05:55:10 AM »
Tras groaned as he saw the spirit had been taken and the Vic was now unguarded.  He stepped far back from the group and observed as the spirit released itself from the mage's grip and vanished into the darkness of the carvern.  As soon as the intense aura of magic filled the room, he sheathed Vyre, which was still clutched in one hand and summoned his antimagic.  Two balls of the magic dampening energy energized in his palms and Tras turned to the mage angrily.

"What the God's Name have you done, fool?  Are you trying to kill us all?"

The energy in his hands crackled dangerous sending twining sparks along his arms.  Tras glared at the arrogance of the mage.

"Kill yourself by all means.  Don't drag me into it.  Fool."
[size=11]There is only one way out.  Through EXiT.[/size]

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2004, 10:37:31 AM »
OOC:  Hey all, I would like to apologize for starting a game and then leaving.  I am in the military and soon after starting Dark Lands I was deployed somewhere in the middle east for about 6 months with no access to this site.  I just finished reading the entire story and it was amazing.....perhaps I will start a new one.  Again, I would like to apologize and hope to play with you all again real soon.
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2004, 09:21:54 PM »
[OOC]THE WARLOCK LIVES!!!! QUICK! MAKE ANOTHER ADVENTURE! :D

If you come up with another good plotline like this one, I suggest you request to a mod or admin if you could post it in the moderated freeform, so people have to structure it out better, and it may last longer. I look forward to seeing something as enjoyable as this one started out :)[/OOC]

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2004, 07:21:49 PM »
(OOC: Does this thread yet live?)
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2004, 08:09:46 PM »
[OOC] I havent seen Andimia or Exit on for quite some time. I'd certainly like to revive it if the others are keen, however :P[/OOC]

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2004, 09:03:39 PM »
OOC: Andy and Exit have been sucked into Limbo by forces we cannot fathom. Perhaps the God of the Multiverse has transported them elsewhere to maintain balance in the Multiverse? Or perhaps they were devoured by the infamous Derailer of Threads? I don't know. Neither do you. So unless they come back...

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2004, 12:55:48 AM »
ooc: hey I'm here! I've been busy with work and getting my wonderful cable internet, but I'm ready to get this going

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2004, 01:15:18 AM »
OOC: So now all we need is Exit.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2005, 01:42:11 PM »
ooc: how about we just have Exit walk silently at the back of the group untill he returns. I mean, I'm not anxious