llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ziranith's troubles  (Read 2579 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline elfkin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« on: December 02, 2003, 04:58:13 PM »
Lord Ziranith walked his steed slowly onto the trail, his mounted and fully armored elvish company seemed like a moving river of silver.  Ziranith thought that he should feel at ease, his company was the main bulk of the Uni-mithian cavalry, two thousand strong.  Though he felt uneasy as they passed through the narrow trail leading to the Kadum mountains.  He was to engage a dwarven encampment that was threatening elvish inhabitants.  Ziranith knew that on flat ground, they could defeat the bearded folk without problem.  but this was  their land.  Not that he feared any ressitance along the trail, it was on the left side of twelve foot wide trail was a deep gorge, on its right side was the mounain wall, Ziranith feared that rocks would rain down of them.  The force road single file, very vulnerable.  Then, up ahead, Ziranith saw a form sitting on a rock.  Whoever it was he or she coveredtheir face with a large hood.  Ziranith, being at the head of the column road up to the individual.  "I am lord Ziranith, leader of the Uni-mithian cavalry." began Ziranith. "Who are you and what is your buisness?"    [/img]
The road goes ever on and on,
  down from the door where
   it began, now far away
   the road has gone,
  and I follow it if I can
 pursuing it with weary feet where many roads and errands meet,
   but wither then I cannot say.
-Frodo Baggins

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 05:55:49 PM »
The figure stood up and pushed the cowl off its head. It was a man, roughly six feet in height, with long black hair tied into a ponytail, and piercing silver eyes. He was dressed in black leather and a black cloak with almost impercievable silver designs running along it.
"My name is Alec Shadowkin. I have been sent to warn you. Do not attempt to attack the dwarves in their own home. If you do, you will not survive."
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 08:21:40 PM »
Stunbre poke lazly at the fire that was before him he hated waiting. "Wish you would hurry up and cook..." said Strunbre, he spoke the language far to different from this land it was that of Deutch. He tightened his glove and watch the flames.
"Why won't you act your age." siad Stunbre's mother kicking at him.
"I do act my age mother I want to be a soldier and fight!" said Stunbre with a determind look in his face. His wooden sword still clutched in hand. Large tears ran down his cheeks.
"Maybe you will be a soldier but we need you to help us with the work." said his mother her eyes going from rock to soft silk as if saying sorry.
"Farming isn't for me mother! I...I have plans! I plan on becoming a ranger and tracking down men as they run through the forest!" said Stunbre as he said this his mother became inradged and hit him heavily with a wooden mallet she had been using to hammer in the wooden nails.
Stunbre's head jurked to the left he heard the sound of armor against armor. "hhmmm" said Stunbre watching the armored cavelry men traveling along the pass. He acted quickly and doused the fire and eat the meat it was still a littl raw but he could deal with that. He mounted his war horse and picked up his spear and pack. "Lets see what this is all about shall we." said Stunbre talking down to his horse.
He got to a ridge overlooking the pass and hopped off his horse and knelt in a bush watching not but 17 yards from where the two men were conversing his horse well hidden behind him and his tracks covered now all he had to do was watch.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline elfkin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 03:41:28 PM »
Ziranith was silent for a moment, never before had his discisions been questioned, trying to muster as much dignity as he could, Ziranith trotted his steed closer to the giant man.  "Why?" began Ziranith.  "Why should I not risk it, for you do not see, I must defeat this enemy, they raid our forest for wood to burn great fires so that the can craft more jewlery and horrid weapons.  My goal is to preserve the land that is still in beauty, the land of Uni-mith."
  down from the door where
   it began, now far away
   the road has gone,
  and I follow it if I can
-Frodo Baggins

Offline elfkin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »
Without waiting for his remark, Ziranith continued down the path, his cavalry followed behind him.  So what if his death was to be in this battle, he was dedicated to his people and would gladly gives his life in the service of his country.  "You seem not new to battle."  Said Ziranith suddenly, turning to vue Alec, "Alec Shadowkin, you are welcome to join us here and now, your service would be greatly smiled upon and could strenghen the bonds between men and elves."
  down from the door where
   it began, now far away
   the road has gone,
  and I follow it if I can
-Frodo Baggins

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 07:37:15 AM »
Alec shakes his head. "I am not new to battle, though I care nothing of the bond between your humans and elves. I am not even of this Plane. I find it the act of a fool that you do not even consider my warning. Besides, you say you are willing to die for your people? How much good will dying pointlessly be? If you enter these mountains and engage the dwarves, you will not survive the first battle. It will accomplish nothing. Do not be a fool."
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 11:15:02 AM »
standing lone on a tree on top of the mountain wall the dark cloaked figure grinned, "so thats what the elves of this plane look like they actually look noble unlike the savages of my plane" the dark figure said without fear of being heard
Shoot 'em all. Let God sort 'em out later.

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Ziranith's troubles
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 09:53:18 AM »
Stubbre turned seeing a figure cloaked he was talking to himself. Well he certainly cannot see me perhaps he will overlook me....
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.