llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plains of Trelaharme  (Read 10898 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2003, 09:41:34 PM »
"I my freind am hunting...or was." said Wolin producing the hide of a Wolf.   "and yes its true most dwarf lords sit around but I lad i go out on my own. Though my guards are never far." said Wolin puting away the hide and taking out an apple and a excusitly crafted knife and began to eat the apple.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2003, 08:28:03 AM »
Pleased with the answer, and with the fact that there was still dwarven lords out there who didn't just sit around in their mountain keeps, Redwick walked onwards, while merrily whisling an old dwarven tune.

The ground didn't have much grass on it anymore. The red soil was showing trough like wounds, and Redwick tought he could smell something burning in the distance...
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline EmperorPenguin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2003, 03:43:08 PM »
*Currently in the lead, he notices a barely descernable trail leading up to and through a patch of heavy bushes.  Suddenly he stops and as the group approachs the source of the burning is obvious.  Within the bushes you see a wide circular opening about 20 feet wide and who knows how deep.  The walls are made of quarried stone that has been cemented in place and which go straight down.  Peering down*  What is this?

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2003, 09:37:41 AM »
Redwick walked up to the edge of the opening and looked down.

"Well, it looks like..."

Suddenly, there came an angry roar from the hole, and Redwick tought he saw an enormous black shape start to climb uppwards.

"...trouble."
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2003, 05:10:07 PM »
*vlad reappears looking a little worse for ware*

sorry ive ben sickthis last week.
Shoot 'em all. Let God sort 'em out later.

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2003, 11:41:28 AM »
"C'mon people, get yer weapons ready!"

The black was coming up through the hole. It seemed humanoid, but completely black, like it was made from some dark rock.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2003, 01:57:21 PM »
Alec closes his eyes for a second, and the shadow-sword in his hands shifts then settles into a new shape. Alec steps toward the black monstrosity and swings his shadow-axe in an arc before it. "You had better return to the black hole which you emerged from, beast. We are more than a match for you."
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2003, 02:14:11 PM »
Suddenly, the shape opened a mouth and spoke with a tone deeper than the darkest of crypts.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THESE LANDS, LITTLE ONES? I AM TORAL, GUARDIAN OF ALL THE LAND YOU CAN SEE AND MUCH MORE!"

Redwick raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Ya don't happen to own a certain Phylactery?"

"AH YES, THE PHYLACTERY. THAT IS WHAT KEEPS THE NATURE IN ORDER IN THESE LANDS. YES, I OWN SUCH A THING, OR SHOULD I SAY...OWNED..."

"What? Someone took it?"

"YES. THEY CAME FROM THE FAR NORTH. GREAT BEASTS, EVEN GREATER THAN ME. I BARELY SURVIVED THE FIGHT, BUT THE LAND HAS GOTTEN SCORCHED, AS YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED."

"We-el..." said Redwick and turned around to the others.

"Whaddya say, people? Should we go look for his Phylactery?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2003, 03:05:26 PM »
"Beast who are yeh calling little I Figured you had more respect for an old freind..." Said Wolin lowering his axe and frowning at the guardian.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline EmperorPenguin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2003, 03:37:31 PM »
So you are toral, eh?  What does this  Phylactery do?  How does it work?  Why do you live in this hole in the ground?  And this rock, doesn't look like the stone you see around these parts?  Tell me more about these great beasts!  And where specifically from the North did they come from?