llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plains of Trelaharme  (Read 10745 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« on: November 26, 2003, 04:30:46 PM »
As dawn approaches on the open plains, there is suddenly a movement in the shadow of a lone tree. A dark figure steps out of the shadow. It is humanoid and almost six feet tall with long flowing black hair tied into a pony-tail. Clothed in blackened leather and a black cloak with all but invisible silver designs decorating it, the figure slowly steps out of the shadow, revealing itself to be a human male. His piercing blue eyes scan the flat landscape as though looking for something specific. "Strange place... where are all the people?"
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 03:51:44 AM »
The same tought went through Redwick the half-dwarf's head as he came wandering down the road known to the locals as "Road of silence." It was indeed a strange road, for no sound was made when he stepped on it. Then he notice the dark figure by the tree.

"Ahoi there, who are you?"
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 05:40:21 AM »
The figure turns slightly and notices the diminutive person on the road. He takes his cloak in one hand and bows deeply "I am Alec, goodsir. May I have the honor of your name?"
Authentic Strolenite©

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 09:27:35 AM »
"Me name is Redwick Undersoor." said Redwick. Then he noticed that Alec obviously didn't hear him. He realised that he would have to yell to get his voice trough as long as he stood on the road. Therefore, he stepped of it, onto the plain.

"Ahem...Me name is Redwick Undersoor. What is this place?"
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 05:35:31 PM »
"This place is known as the Plains of Trelaharme. It lies on the northern end of the continent of Nor'Doth. I am here searching for a lost artifact. Would you have any interest in joining me in trying to find it?"
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 04:44:25 AM »
"Ah, so THAT'S where I am..."

Redwick took out a crumbled old map and drew a line on it with an old pencil.

"Very well, Mr Alec, it would be most interesting to search for an artifact. But what sort of artifact is it?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 08:16:25 AM »
Alec smiles and sits down, his back against the tree. "Well, that's a rather difficult thing to explain. You see, I don't have the foggiest idea. It's known as the Phylactery of Toral, but I don't know what it looks like. The quest for this artifact came to me from the highest in my order, but that was all the information I was given, except of course, that it is in this world."
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 03:04:27 PM »
the dark figure grinned from his perch in the trees as he overlooked the odd pairing on the road his cat eyes focusing a little harder to see if their purses were fat with gold
Shoot 'em all. Let God sort 'em out later.

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 03:21:18 AM »
"Okay, so we're looking for something which location we've nailed down to "this world", and wich very nature, look or anything else except its name we don't know."

Redwick looked around. It felt like somebody was watching them.

"It seems like a challenge to me. Let's get movin'!"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 10:02:07 PM »
the dark figure lept silently off of his perch to a noisless landing on the ground time to hunt he thought to himself while he enabled the masguerade causing his fangs to retract and his eyes to return to normal by human standards as he took one silent step out of the tree cover

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2003, 03:44:42 AM »
"Whoa! Hello there, mr...?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2003, 09:19:17 AM »
Alec turns to face the new figure. "Hello. May I ask whom you may be?" As he speaks, he discreetly shifts his position until he is standing with his right hand within the tree's shadow.
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2003, 11:22:13 AM »
my name is vlad do you travelers know where i am i seem to have lost my way in theese strange woods

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2003, 12:22:59 PM »
Redwick looked over the plains.

"We-eel, I don't see any woods 'round 'ere, but according to Alec here, these plains are known as Trelaharme. If you walk down the Silent Road, you'll find a li'll village down south."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline EmperorPenguin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2003, 02:46:13 PM »
A silly little well dressed short guy waddles into the scene from the south.  Is that a tux he is wearing?  He carries a spear in one "hand" and in the other is a fish he just pulled out of large pouch.   He opens his mouth and slurps the fish down his gullet.

Hello, couldn't help overhearing the bit about the south.   I was just there and there is trouble down there.  You would be better off finding somewhere else to go.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 02:56:14 PM »
Hmm, tought Redwick to himself, this is indeed strange lands. I've seen many weird things, but talking penguins? Oh well...

"Trouble? What sort o' trouble? Last time I was there, everything seemed fine."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline EmperorPenguin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2003, 03:24:35 PM »
Well it started in the deep south a troubling coldness beyond what you would normally expect.  Some thought it was just a very long winter, but the wise old birds said something foul was going on.  As the years went by the great ice grew thicker and you had to travel further north to find thin ice and open water to fish...

*Head looking down with sad expression* But the sea has become frozen... crushing ships and killing fish.  The seals.  *expression is more energetic*  Yeah that ice killing seals, yup, more and more of them.  An Whales too!!  *remembers this is supposed to be sad*  

It has already started,  for it is snowing in the village to the south.  Perhaps I am wrong, maybe it normally snows this time of year?

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 01:17:53 PM »
"Humm...Alec, maybe the thingy we're lookin' for has somethin' to do with this?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 01:40:14 PM »
Keeping his eyes on the newcomer, Alec shrugs. "I'm not sure, it very well could have something to do with the strange weather patterns down south. And in any case, it's as good a place as any to start looking."
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline EmperorPenguin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 02:33:16 PM »
Perhaps you are right about things being related.  As they say, where there is ice there is water.

If it ok with you I would like to travel with you in the safety of good company?  Perhaps I can help out.  I am pretty good with this pointy stick.

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2003, 08:12:11 PM »
uhhhum i am good with a sword perhaps i will be of use to you as well

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 01:43:27 AM »
"Sure, you can come along as far as I'm concerned. We could use a sword and an...uhm...stick. Whaddya think, Alec?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Guardian
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 11:42:06 AM »
Alec furrows his brow in thought for a moment, then looks up at his new companions. "Yes, I suppose this could be a good way to start. Let us head for this village to the south."
Authentic Strolenite©

Offline VladTepes

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 11:50:17 AM »
after you i insist

p.s. i hate paladins

Offline EmperorPenguin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Plains of Trelaharme
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2003, 12:07:20 PM »
I think were you were heading is better.  Our people have been seeing the increased coldness for years.  It seems to be moving north.  Some of our smartest birds theorize that cold doesn't travel, but heat does. Cold is the absence of heat.  So heading north made sense for me.  Further south seems the wrong direction.  Besides, I just came from the village and there is nothing we can do to there to fix this situation.