• Ship builder
Dragon Empire (/Oriental) section-
• Fan maker
• Inkwell sculptor
• Jade sculptor
• Dyer/Weaver Actual entries:
1. Rulf and Wulf of the Twins’ Fletchers
Both burly men, the twins have surprisingly soft and beautiful features that give them an odd look, as if they were maidens mistakenly born into men’s bodies. Do not stare at either of them for too long for they are sensitive about their looks. The twins have garnered a reputation for high quality work for themselves but also an equally ferocious one for bringing headache to customers. Since usually only one guards the shop at a time, the mischievous twins always ask visitors to guess which of them they are and subsequently give small rewards or ‘surprises’ depending on whether they have guessed right or wrong. While the rewards are certainly worth the effort, the ‘surprises’ are… well, embarrassing and certainly set one’s teeth on edge.
In addition, when both happen to be in the shop at the same time (which isn’t often but does happen once or twice a month), the place is turned into a tavern with the two shouting at each other in a hot debate over the proper way to fletch arrows. Any customer visiting on such days will be drawn into the brotherly ‘feud’ and asked to take sides. The one you do not side with will eye you in a speculative way that indicate he might have a ‘surprise’ in store for you and if you do not choose a side at all, you are sure to get one when you leave. Luckily, the memories of the brothers are not that long so there are no carry-over repercussions from such an untimely visit.
1. I got stuck on this because I feel like it overlaps a bit with the 30 merchants by Val and Wulf. However, it now occurs to me that a craftsman might not be running his/her biz all the time but rather be an employee so that might make some difference in their interaction with PCs. So maybe we could have a mixture of craftspeople who run their own biz and other that don't in this sub.
2. What I need help here is more occupations for craftspeople as well as collab. in writing up entries.
3. Some ideas that I got after a long gap to when the idea for this sub first came to me and now when I pick it again about possible characteristics for these craftspeople NPCs:
- the pedantic, insists on certain technicalities and will pester PCs to no end
- the ultimate nightmare shopping experience i.e. will suck me up to those of high stauts/wealth but look down on those of common origin aka PCs
- the envious, will gossip outrageously about rivals or other prosperous biz not even in his/her line
- the proud, with a big ego and takes such pride in their work which might or might not cause conflict with PCs
- the queer, might downright refuse commission for very strange reasons
- the shirker/disenchanted, will make low quality products unless persuaded otherwise
These are just archetypes really and some of them quite cliché but that's why I really help with this.
Once we reach a 30 here, I will release it as a Wiki.