llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Magical/Cursed Wedding Ring  (Read 2491 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Chi Chio

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Magical/Cursed Wedding Ring
« on: November 13, 2003, 01:01:42 PM »
Hi there! (I was able to log on finally and thank you for deleting my awful runaway item!)

Anyway, I have this idea for a special, magical or cursed, wedding ring. I think it should somehow be related to how wedding rings are worn on your weakest finger, the ring finger. Other than that, I really can't seem to think of the item's history or powers.

Your comments are DEFINITELY welcome! Thank you!
"It is often argued whether the Red Panda is a cousin of the Panda or relative of weasels and raccoons. If asked, a Red Panda would annoyingly reply that they are the descendants of other Red Pandas."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 01:39:34 PM »
There's already something like that....
The name escapes me, but it was a ring made by my friend Erik (Who left a while ago). It made the wearer hallucinate a phantasmal spouse who became the wearer's only care.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 08:03:23 PM »
Yhea, I remember that one too. It was good. Let see...

Culbert's Wedding Band
http://www.strolen.com/items/viewitem.php?item_id=74&offset=0&order=&dir=&index=1

Is there some special reason you're looking to make a wedding ring that has negitive effects? Maybe the husband betrayed the wife and the wife's country and she wants vengance. Maybe the betrayal was to give their children as collateral for a treaty or insurance for peace talks when the husband knew the army would attack the enemies and their children would be killed. All sorts of stories are possibilities.

Why should the wedding ring have negitive effects? Maybe they work as a pair. Or maybe one ring is positive and one negative, the abandoned wife looking for her husband's soul. They could be in the control of two undead, and once united they have positive effects.

Anyway... I still want to see the sword of the deep forest. I liked where that was going. Please, please please? :D
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Chi Chio

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 01:02:12 PM »
Oh, mmmmm....

Okay well I guess I should abandon the wedding ring idea...

But, any way, I had no idea somebody was actually looking forward to something I would make! Okay, I definitely post it (all of it :D ) tonight or pretty soon!

Thanks!
"It is often argued whether the Red Panda is a cousin of the Panda or relative of weasels and raccoons. If asked, a Red Panda would annoyingly reply that they are the descendants of other Red Pandas."

Offline nitouken

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 10:29:35 PM »
Why not a wedding ring that is negative if the other party cheats? So as to enforce loyalty? (Not a good basis for a marriage, but perhaps useful for arranged marriages)
If they cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go.
                               -Mark Twain

There are no Absoluts in life, only vodka.

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 03:56:56 PM »
You don't need to abandon the wedding ring idea, just work up a background on why the ring was made. Cause and effect.

Maybe an ugly wizard couldn't get a wife and designed a pair of rings so his makes him look good and hers makes her vacant and enthralled. If you can come up with a reason for the ring the specifics of what it does falls out.
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 12:03:23 AM »
They could be cursed gifts for one couple, but non-cursed items for another.  For example, if your groom (or lady) are known for having a roving eye (and hands that often follow), the item could do something adverse if they diddle with another (abdominal pain, turn green, have no ummm. drive).  A curse for them.  Yet for another groom and lady (lets say the kids get mom and dad's wedding rings), the rings could be simply a magic item to show their fidelity with each other.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline penguin

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2003, 04:25:56 PM »
It sounds like the true love merit/flaw from white wolf