llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just a word of thanks to y'all...  (Read 1051 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Erebus

• Journeyman
    • http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/terrestia/
    • Awards
Just a word of thanks to y'all...
« on: December 10, 2003, 04:04:29 AM »
I'm a newbie here - but I wanted to say thanks to Strolen for hosting such a great site!  I've belonged to a number of RPG forums but I particularly like the atmosphere and quality of discussion here.

I can see there are people here who will be providing me with great inspiration & imaginative concepts, others who will be invaluable in fleshing out ideas from their practical experience, and some who will be challenging and encourage clarity of thinking.

I couldn't ask for better!  

Thanks

Erebus
Blood Make Us One!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 05:18:01 AM »
Building and hosting is the easy part. It is the community that makes any site and I have been lucky enough to get the cream of the crop.

Only thing I could ask is for more time in the day so I could spend more time here. I have been scarce the past few months and have to force time to get here. I hate that, I miss this place!

Glad you found us, been following your posts and get ulcers because I don't have time to construct a quality post to join the conversations. I try not to post "cool idea" etc., unless I have something to say, but that is pretty much what I think about on any number of the latest threads. Count on something on most of them this weekend.

Till later.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Tip 417
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 06:40:36 AM »
From the ORP site...

Say Thank You: If you are frequenting (and enjoying) an online RPG site, let the site administrator know it!! A site administrator has a more thankless job than any GM, because they do all the work of a GM, perhaps even more, and never get to "see" their gamers enjoy what they do. Without positive reinforcement, they may ignore or even drop the site. Tell the site admin what you like about the site. Ask how you can help the site admin keep the site up, or even improve it.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: Tip 417
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 02:21:15 AM »
Quote from: "MoonHunter"
Say Thank You: If you are frequenting (and enjoying) an online RPG site, let the site administrator know it!! A site administrator has a more thankless job than any GM, because they do all the work of a GM, perhaps even more, and never get to "see" their gamers enjoy what they do. Without positive reinforcement, they may ignore or even drop the site. Tell the site admin what you like about the site. Ask how you can help the site admin keep the site up, or even improve it.

Then I better say Thank You too. ;)

And this is how it looks, when we have little time. Just imagine the creative mindstorms that rage here sometimes... *sigh*
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 09:23:27 AM »
*bow to master strolen*

I do have to say MoonHunter has a point here.

Master Strolen, I would like to thank you for your effort and ever quick response to simple problems that pop-up.

Yours gratefully,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)