llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The man who showed no face  (Read 1621 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline blackrhap

• Nomad
    • http://www.blackrhap.tk
    • Awards
The man who showed no face
« on: November 05, 2003, 05:46:39 PM »
There he sat. Gaian was in a tavern who's name he didn't know. He had a tankard of ale in front of him. It was 3/4 full. He didn't have much of a taste for ale. His black leather trenchcoat was draped about him, his hood upon his head. He stared longingly at the tankard. It was still about an hour 'till sunset and he fully intended on staying in this very spot staring at his tankard for another hour...say hour and a half.

The barwoman came and asked if he wanted anything. The only reply she got was a slow shake of the head.

Gaian was neutrally built, had medium length, straight, dark brown hair that stopped about a cm above his shoulder--that is if his neck is actually straight.

The barwoman asked quite politely, so just a smidgen of a smile crept to his face...of course she never saw his face.

And there he sat...waiting for the sun.
The Black Rhapsody has you all.

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 01:32:02 AM »
Hmm. *poking lady Ria*
perhaps we should pass that dark man a couple of sheets of paper so he can start writing his story as well?

*ponder*

A young lady gets up from the corner table that is coverd in papers, quils and bottles of ink. Upon closer examination, you would have seen that the table is litterly overflowing with maps, writings about distant lands, books, scrolls and even stone tablets.

Hello Stranger,
My name is lady Ylorea and I often come here to confer with the inhabitants of the citadel. Many strange things we have seen and many a stange item we have ponderd upon.
I do have some advide for you, you better keep an eye out for a small penguin. When he comes flying in, make sure to duck for the barrel in time.
In the mean time, feel free to come over to our table and borrow some paper and ink to write your own story.

My story's all come from a world that the inhabitants call Teolin. By using the WWW button in my post, you will find much of the knowledge that I have gathered about that world.

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Barbarian Horde

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 02:03:26 AM »
(OOC: Well well well. A stranger at the tavern. How intersting. Feel free to snap back at me, I'm just an innocent kid... *grins*)

Raen peeped out from under her hood that was covering most of her face at the man at the table. She remembered a time when she too was new, and had tried to hide in the corner, away from the maddening crowd. Now she too was part of them.

She rose from her table, and walked over to the one where the man sat down at. Pushing back her hood, she gazed at him through grey eyes that were nearly silver.

"So, you're new here?" She asks.

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 02:06:59 AM »
(utterly OOC: Eep! Forgot to login... I could 'ave sworn I logged in... *mutters under breath about useless 56K dial up modem* sorry. But 'tis Raen who posted the last thing up there... *mutters an appology*.)
'Me, a thief? Ah... no, why on earth would I be a thief?' - When questioned on her occupation.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 11:43:56 AM »
A short woman with long dark hair and a pair of spectacles also gets up from the paper-littered table.  Upon closer examination, you can see her hands are covered in inkstains.  "Yes, welcome to the Citadel.  Just make yourself at home.  I'm sure Captain Penguin will be here shortly."  She paused.  "I do hope that you have a taste for grog."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline blackrhap

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 12:13:27 PM »
(OOC: Gaian has this reflexive attitude toward people. If people are nice to him, he has a new friend, if people are rude and crap to him, its dinner time. Also a Nosian is sortof like a living vampire/drow. Only feeds when worn out.)

Gaian lifts his head. Hm...Lots of people he thought. At least they were nice to him. He certainly liked people to be nice. A small smile crept to his face.

"I'm just waiting. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done, but I'll be waiting to do it," he said softly but loud enough to hear. "...I guess its dark enough in here."

He uncovered his head to show his hair and his face, but he was still looking directly at his tankard.

"Grog..? Oh, by the way, the name's Gaian (OOC: Pronounced Guy an). And...whats a penguin?"

By this time the smile had worn off his face, but then he looked again at the one with silver eyes. He himself had a set of black eyes with moroon tint around the edges. That reminded him...He hadn't been out feeding in a while. It didn't matter; he didn't do to much to get himself worn out.

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 10:12:03 PM »
(OOC: Could you put a little about Gaian's looks in? I know what a vampire looks like, and I'm very familiar with drow, but a cross I'm not exactally sure of...)

Raen grinned at the man. He seemed almost distracted from the happenings around him, as if he didn't know what to make of them. "Grog's a form of... drink. Personally, I think it may be slightly toxic, but I don't think it's kiled anyone yet. Then again, I'm rather new here. And a penguin's a sort of bird."

Leaning forewards, she inspects the man. He's well built, and it's impossible to truly estimate what his age is. "Oh, right." She grins. "I forgot to mention my name. I'm called Raen."

She reaches a hand out.
'Me, a thief? Ah... no, why on earth would I be a thief?' - When questioned on her occupation.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 11:11:39 PM »
D'ARR!

With a sloshing crash, a giant barrel falls through the roof and collapses the floor. A tidal wave splash sounds from the cellar. Squelching footsteps come up the stairway, and out emerges a penguin, dripping with some sort of green, foamy liquid, and dressed in a ridiculous pirate costume. He wears a tattered, sopping seaman's jacket, a massive drooping hat, its brim filled with the bilious green fluid, and topped with a huge purple feather plume. His loose leather boots squelch on the floor, and a he waggles a wooden toy sword, which has been painted gold, towards the man who showed no face.
He grabs a tankard from a nearby table and sqeezes the grog out of his jacket into the mug. Then, he tosses the foamy, salty, icy-cold, bilious green mug of grog towards Gaian.
"Yarr, matey!" he says, jumping into the air and clicking his heels together, "Yer' lookin' dark, yeh' are! I gots a question fer' yeh': Do yeh' like chocolate?!"
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 02:19:51 AM »
*grabing a mug from the table, a young women walks over to the captain and empty's his hat into her mug*

Thanks for the grog captain....
*turning to the new arrivals*
eh well, here you see a penquin. I always thought they only lived in polar regions, but even here, we have a nice, none flying bird of our own.
(thanks to enchanted grog barrels, this one does fly by the way.)

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline blackrhap

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 12:07:03 PM »
(OOC: He's about 6'1" or 6'2" with dark brown hair to his shoulders. He commonly wears his black leather trenchcoat because of the sun. His skin is like human, but with a small hint of a sky blue tint. He has black eyes with edges of red, which happen to turn a brighter red every time he feasts on blood. The tint gradually turns more of a moroon over time. He he is relatively well built, no bulging muscles, but he's strong. Um....thats about all.)

Gaian throws a black stare to the penguin

"Is it supposed to talk?" He asked. "Where does it come from?" Then he turned to face the Raen.

"Ah...well hi.." he said as he grasped the hand of Raen. Now he notices that it's been about a half-hour and the sun was still irritating him.

Offline CirrusWind

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 02:37:41 PM »
The door to the tavern whips open, swinging wide and slamming with startling force against the wall.  A small man enters bringing a slight breeze with him. His dark brown hair is a mess, seeming to point every which way.  He begins talking, to no one in particular, while brushing small twigs and leaves caught in his faded and tattered traveling cloak.  "Bloody brilliant day, wasn't it?  Some really great clouds today.  Just great."  He glances up and notices everyone staring.  His hazel eyes flick to the tavern door slowly swinging back.  "Um... sorry about the loud entrance there.  Wind travel is a... kinda hard to stop just right... um, sorry."  As the taverns patrons begin to return to their ale and conversations, he notices a fellow he's never seen.

"New arrival, eh?  Well, that's just brilliant.  Always looking forawrd to meeting new faces.  Name's Cirrus and I swear I'm not a nutter.  Welcome, welcome."