llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Alchemy  (Read 1876 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Alchemy
« on: September 16, 2002, 03:03:08 PM »
http://alchemy.strolen.com is now up and running, but there's not much on it yet. I've just stuck up a Flash-based cartographer I started writing a while back and which I'll now finish (since it has a home  :D ). Hopefully more will be coming soon. I thought I'd do the German translation for wider audience appeal: I'm about to start learning Italian, so there may be a green-red-and-white flag appearing there soon.

ephemeralstability!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Alchemy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 08:27:10 AM »
Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. :oops:

But that Flash Mapping tool is pretty d**n cool!!! Easy to just jump on and whip together a quick map. For now, just being able to do a quick print of it is useful enough for quite a few I would think.

It is coming along quickly I see. Everytime I check on it there is something more added.

The only hard thing about it is making roads, river, and border. Not the easiest thing to do, but who's complaining. Just waiting to see what you throw in there next.

I have the Campaign Cartographer tools, dungeon and designer, and have tried most everything else as well and you are WELL on your way.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
Alchemy
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 06:10:41 AM »
It is quick, it is simple. I do like the simplicity of drawing.

The problem I am having right now is that my lines appear discontinous.
I don't know, perhaps I just do not take enough time to draw a line, or perhaps it is my input device (trackball via USB)

Perhaps it is my "buggy" W2K / Netscape.

I have been trying out other tools as well for drawing islands and all. I am still wondering if I want to use a computer aided tool to continue my drawings or just stick to old fashioned hand drawing.

The main reason I am looking for a drawing tool is to assist me in creating dungeons.
That it not quite what I would use your program ;+))

On the other hand, like I say for quickly drawing a couple of island maps, this seems a very nice tool.

Yours supportingly,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline Wingnut

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Alchemy
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 09:53:46 AM »
Impressive mapping tool. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I am always on the prowl for usefull RPG mapping tools and this one will be added to the list.
Remember...Pillage then Burn.