llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New person at the Citadel  (Read 1503 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
New person at the Citadel
« on: November 02, 2003, 06:36:13 AM »
Plenty of people passed by without noticing the girl in the corner of the room. For those who did, she was so ordinary that they passed her by. She was of an average height, with a face so normal that it was almost difficult to remember it.

In fact, her only feature that stood out were her eyes, which were a piercing, intense grey, nearing silver. Those and the two daggers at her hips were the main features that drew attention to her.

She was waiting for something.
'Me, a thief? Ah... no, why on earth would I be a thief?' - When questioned on her occupation.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 11:36:54 AM »
hey welcome

A tall dark figure sits down next to you.  His hace is hidden under a straw hat and a katana is stuck in a scabbard on his side.  "Good morning, care for a cup pick me up?"

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 03:53:06 PM »
The silver-eyed woman in the corner was watching, waiting for something.

Many passed her without noticing her, but the regulars of the Citadel always notice a new face and are always waiting for them to introduce themselves.

It seems that it is time for introductions for this one and hopefully a new friendship.

"HEY YOU!!!!"

"YES, YOU IN THE CORNER."

"Ria, light that lantern in the corner. I have no idea how the d**n thing keeps going out. Same with the other corners, lets see if we can flush some more out."

"COME ON, NO NEED HIDING. COME FORWARD FOR SOME REAL INTRODUCTIONS OR I WILL ASK THE CAPTAIN TO CHUCK A BARREL INTO THAT CORNER AND CHASE YOU OUT!!"

;)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 04:05:24 PM »
A slight woman with long dark hair and spectacles obliges Strolen, lighting any of the lamps that had gone out.  In the increased, light, one can see that she has inkstains on her hands.
"Hi there.  I'm Ria Hawk.  Welcome to our little fortress."  Leaning down, she whispers to the newcomer, "Don't worry.  Most of us are nuts, but it's the good kind of nuts."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 04:58:52 PM »
D'ARR!

A brilliant phosphorescent spotlight shines on the dark corner in which Raen sits. The spotlight is manned by, of all things, a penguin, dressed in a ridiculous pirate outfit. This get-up includes a tattered seaman's jacket, a huge triangular hat with a ridiculously purple and feathery plume, rose-lensed goggles, and a wooden toy sword painted gold.
The penguin leaps down to the floor and slings a mug of foamy, salty, sloshy, bubbly, biliously green pirate's grog at Raen.
"Yarr, matey! I be Cap'n Penguin! An' if yeh' don't mind me sayin', miss, yer' eyes be quite pretty, yarr!"
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Oh... so many people!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 06:25:34 PM »
Startled by all the welcome she's receving, the girl's head jerks back, the hood which previously obscured half her face falls back, revealing short, amaturly shorn black hair. She's actually fairly good looking, as things go.

'Ah... I'm Raen. Around twenty.'

She seems nervous, unused to such a crowd. In any case, she's lying from the outset. Her name might be real, but her face belies her age. She's 18 at the most, and that would be pushing it a little.

She stares at the tankard infront of her. Raising an eyebrow, she samples the brew, and promtly chokes on it.

'Just what do you put in that stuff?'
'Me, a thief? Ah... no, why on earth would I be a thief?' - When questioned on her occupation.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 06:37:52 PM »
You probably don't want to know.  I sure don't.  *grins*  But it hasn't killed anyone yet, so it's probably safe.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 02:28:06 AM »
Once you look at the table where Lady Ria was doing her writing, you notice another women sitting there, cursing the paper below her pen.
Or perhaps it is just the pen she is cursing.

From out of nowhere a small knife apears in het hand and she starts sharpening the pen a little...

startled by the leaving of lady Ria she looks up and then notices the young women.. Hello, my name is Ylorea.
You might find me here quite often, but never leaving the grounds of the citadel and it's library.
If I go out, I travel to a world known as Teolin, where many dangers, adventures and other stuff await me.

I hope you have a pleasent stay here at the citadel. It is a place of much knowledge to me.

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline CirrusWind

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 03:00:06 PM »
A small man with windswept hair plops down in a chair across from you.  He pulls a small satchel from around his neck and dumps a few small pieces of parchment and bits of charcoal onto the table.  You can see the papers are covered with suprisingly detailed sketches of clouds.  He studies the bits of charcoal, finding on he can grip well and begins drawing.  He suddenly freezes and glances up.

"Oh, hello.  You're new here, yeah?  Don't suppose you'd mind sharing the table, eh?  I just have to get down a few things."  He holds up a half drawn picture of yet another cloud.  "Saw this one just after sun up.  Great, isn't it?  Good times ahead, yes indeed."