llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wizards amongst the Warriors  (Read 8429 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline SirLiam

• Nomad
    • Awards
Wizards amongst the Warriors
« on: September 13, 2002, 04:00:25 PM »
Chapter 1: Sir Liam the Royal Wizard
 :arrow: It was a dark and wet night as the stranger approached the village. He found a local inn and set up a room. Warriors surrounded him everywhere. The town guardsmen had asked him to join them. He didn't seem interested. He claimed to be a wizard, and he never once tried to prove it.
"Little sister" is just another way of saying "Guardian Angel"!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 12:13:34 PM »
“Hey Bregalt, bring me another too would ya?� The young guardsman hollered to his mate standing at the bar. His voice was young, but he looked and acted experienced. Fact is he was on the fronts during the Battle of Roll’s Hedge just last summer and since then has grown much. The scar on his left cheek will forever be barren of facial hair but it was a small price to pay.

Bregalt slams two clay jugs on the table sloshing a good portion towards Jayle, the young man. “Here ya go boy, won’t even charge ya for the delivery.� A loud barrel laugh erupts from the chest of Bregalt.

Jayle carelessly grabs the mug Bregalt in front of him spilling it towards Bregalt this time and replies, “Well, they be coming and going lately. I don’t make much of them less they start causing some disturbances. Far as I can tell he is holed up der in the room and rarely comes out. Then again, I be usually on the South end, nowhere near hear a bouts so I couldn’t swear on that.�

“Yeah, I heard the same. Guess we give him his space and either he takes it or he goes on his way, easy as that. Reckon we just wait and see what he is up to. Confused by the warriors surrounding him though. Not sure what that is all about. That in itself is unusual, but who’s to say what is what during these days.�

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 03:04:49 PM »
As the rain picks up to a steady pace, the door to the inn slams open once more, and a man walks in. Elvish, by the looks of him, yet with the air of a warrior. Calmly he walks past the other men, all confused by the longbow strung across his left shoulder, and the long rappier stuck into a finely carved scabbard on his right. Walking up to the counter, he tosses three small coins down and asks for a beer. He sips it slowly, looking around at the faces, and noting their expressions towards him.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~dyneroe
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 10:31:55 AM »
Sitting in the far dark corner of the bar is a man in a green robe. He looks around at the crowd and hears the door open and sees the elf. He knows who it is instantly. As he is getting up he grabs his staff and walks to the bar where the young elf is sitting.
"I know who you are, boy," said the strang robed man.
"Unsheathing you anger is like unsheathing a sword, they are both dangerous if used in the wrong way."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 01:33:55 PM »
Another elvin girl looks at the stranger and eyes him closely.  She had been following the elvin boy for a few days now.  she hoped that the elf was unaware of her persuit, yet felt that he knew; he just didn't care.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 09:37:48 PM »
Sasha looked around.  Good pickings tonight, she mused.  She'd have to be careful of the soldiers, of course, but that was a given.  A guy who claimed himself to be a wizard, a couple others who looked interesting.  A couple of elves, too.  Her eyes narrowed.  She had her own personal reasons for disliking elves.  Business would be a pleasure tonight, as always.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 06:45:44 AM »
The wizard, whose name is still unknown, look around his shoulder as her read Sasha's mind. *If only I could read deeper thoughts then I would know why this elf is so important. My techinque of getting him to talk by saying I know who he is didn't work.*
He walk over to the girl named Sasha and asks her. "Why is this elf so important?"
"Unsheathing you anger is like unsheathing a sword, they are both dangerous if used in the wrong way."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 11:42:44 AM »
Sasha blinked as the fellow who called himself a wizard approached.  Oh no.  Caught before I even started.  Then he asked her a question, and she blinked again.  Her face went totally blank.  "Eh?"  She shook her head.  "What in blazes are you talking about?  I've never seen that fellow in my life."  She glanced at him suspiciously.  "Are you drunk?"

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 08:43:54 PM »
"No I am not drunk! I am the most powerful wizard you will ever see and this boy's mind waves are telling me that he is very important to my mission," the wizard replies in a overly mannered tone.
He sits down, holding his staff, "and your mind waves are telling me that you know about him. So don't give me this crap."
He looks her in the eyes with determination.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 10:37:07 PM »
Sasha looked at him uncomprehendingly, then sidled away.  "I have utterly no idea what you're talking about.  I tell you, I've never seen the fellow before.  I have no idea what your mission is.  I think you may have me confused for someone else.  Now I would very much like for you to leave me alone."  I think it's time to cut and run.  Jack be d**ned.  This fellow was plainly a lunatic, and he'd already drawn far too much attention to her.  A thief can't get a decent night's work done.  Can't a girl get some privacy?  She left the bar, and started heading for the door.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 10:55:06 PM »
Adel watched the strange happenings..... her sensitive elf ears heard the man claming to be a wizard say that he could read minds.......... she thought to herself "yes, maybe he could awnser my questions........ if it is the truth he speaks....  maybe he could force me to remember what I cannot do on my own."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 11:00:33 AM »
As the girl walks away the strange man hollars to her. "I know you are important to this mission as well. I just wish you could see it."
He walks over to Adel and tells her something in her ear, "I can help you if you will help me. My name is Damién. I will help you."
He puts his staff down and lets the girl look into the crystal that is glowing now. Everyone has left the pub and the only ones left are Adel, Damién, and the strange elf.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 10:55:50 PM »
Adel stepped back.... "how did you.... I didn't say anything"  she quickly realized that her own question had been awnsered..... still untrusting but left with a sense of wonder she stepped up and trying to hide her fear she stated assertively " what do you want from me in exchange for the memories of my past?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 07:41:31 PM »
"I want you to help me. I want you to tell me who this young elf is and why he is here. YOU are what I need right now," he stands up saying that and starts to walk away.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2003, 10:39:58 PM »
As a final test Adel thought in her head what she would normally say as the wizard began to depart. " I know not the elfling's name or what bussiness I have with him I just know him he image is nothing more than a coluded figure hidden in my now jumbled thoughts.  If this is what you ask of me then so be it I will find out all I can about the elf."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2003, 11:55:20 PM »
"Good then I can help you. That is all I ask of you. Find out what you can about him and I will find out about your past with you. First though look into my crystal again," Damién says to Adel as he pulls his staff out.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 07:53:14 PM »
Sasha wandered through the now dark streets, swearing to herself.  As she rounded a corner, a man fell into step beside her.  "Well?" he said, expectantly.
"Piss off, Jack."
"A bad night, Sasha my dear?"  His voice dripped mock sympathy.
"Well, if a girl could get some work done in peace without some looney drawing every eye in the place to her..."
"Sasha, I don't hold you in much respect, but surely you're not that bad."
"It wasn't anything I did.  Before I'd even started this fellow latched onto me, and was making a scene."
His voice was as cold as ice.  "Nevertheless.  The deadline stands."  Then he stalked off in a random direction.
She made several unflattering remarks at his back.  "Don't worry, Mr. High and Mighty Guildmaster.  You'll get what's coming to you."  Hopefully what you really deserve, and not my hard earned money.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2003, 11:05:02 PM »
Adel looked questioningly into the crystal sphere that stood elegantly atop a gnarled wooden staff.  There she saw a strange violet light, it was spectacular, it drew her mind to it to it.  That was all she could see and know. A wonderful feeling came over her, warm and inviting.... then it wasn't... the feeling, the light,.... the wizard were there no longer.  she didn't understand what actions had just transpassed, but she knew what she must do in order to gain the memories she so longed to regain she would find out all she could about this mysterious elf and hope that the wizard would once again appear to her to comply withtheir agreement.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2003, 07:17:25 AM »
Damién knew now what he had to do. He walked over to the strange elf, set down beside him and ordered a drink. As he was drinking the he glanced over and the elf was gone. Amazing, he thought to himself, how fast this elf really moves.
A couple of thugs walked over the old wizard and started to pick a fight with him. Damién stood up said a few words and was gone.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 07:46:40 PM »
Sasha walked home, angry at Jack, the crazy old man from the the inn, her fool of a brother, and the world in general.  d**n them all.  She kicked a small stone on the path.  Well, it wasn't too late.  Maybe she could still find someone.  As she walked along she noticed someone ahead of her.  It looked like someone from that sodding inn.  Then she realized that it was one of Jack's men.  Now this is interesting.  A positively malicious idea formed in her mind, and she grinned.  She followed him, plotting things out.  There was a delicious irony in robbing one of Jack's men to pay off the bastard.  Then she realized the thug was following someone else.  Lovely.  What other things can I spoil for that arrogant so and so?

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2003, 07:37:53 PM »
Adel seeing the elf quicky leaving the bar fell in behind him.....He agian was traveling towards the forest..... He was fast but she was faster.....the sky was covered in a thick blanket of clouds and a chilling mist had settled heavily over the land allowing her the cover she needed to follow him.  She stayed close enough to the traveler to keep a hole on his position but far enough away that the mist would hide her identity.

The elf suddenly came to a halt at the forsest's edge the spoke in a comanding vioce, "Will you please just come out.  I know you following me, And frankly your begining to annoy me.   Adel appeared to confront the elf not yet sure what she was going to say..... As she stepped out of the rolling mist her long brown hair nolonger concealed by her dark hood flowed freely in the whirling wind.  She stared at the elfin youth with her fierce green eyes.  The elf immediately was taken aback.....sensing his suprise Adel cocked one eybrow and said in a strong vioce, "Expecting someone else?"  the elf spoke quicky not first thinking of what might fall from his mouth, " I didn't think you would be a.... a girl!  I.... I mean......... well yeah that is what I mean!" Adel stated squarely,  "...suprised that a mere Girl could keep up with you?"  He quickly responded, " you know that isn't what I.... wait one minute what are you following me for any way?  It was Adel that was now flustered, "I........ I don't know my way around these parts..... and I....... was wondering..... hoping that perhaps I could become your.... traveling...... partner...... I mean sinse you seem to know the terrain so well."

The elf simply studied Adel for a few moments...." Well you obviously have no trouble keeping up with me........Have you any talents that might prove useful on this journey?"   Adel stated simply, " I can shoot the long bow better than any in these parts."  He allowed a sly grin to cross his lips, " I thought you didn't know these parts very well?"  Adel smiled in return and again cocked her eyebrow as she said, "It matters not the parts in which we are in I will still assure you I am the best."  The elf through up his hands and said well I would be a fool to pass up and offer such as that my name is Sage." He offered his hand in greeting. " Adel took hi shand and said, " and I am Adel..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Dyneroe

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2003, 10:34:21 AM »
Damién entered his house and set down.
"This is hard on me for an old man. I need to change bodies with someone that is younger and stronger," he said out loud to himself.
"You can't do that but you can join bodies with someone," said Fero standing in the corner unnoticed till he said that.
"When did you get here?" Damién said surprised.
"Just a couple minutes before you. We need to join bodies. I am young, strong, and agile and you are wise in magic and knowledge. Our bodies together make a good team," said Fero.
"That is a good idea. Do you want to do it now?" Damién questioned.
"Yes now before we run out of time," he replied.
Damién said a few words and loud bang and bright flash emitted from his staff and then there was only Fero but his name was no longer Fero. It was Femién.
"Okay now I need to go find the elf," he said. He looked into the crystal and seen he was with Adel and said some words and was gone.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2003, 12:24:13 AM »
Sage glanced about cautiously. "We need to move on he stated squarely.  I sense something not right and we need to gok as far as we can before night sets in.  The two quickly ran into the forest.  the two glided from tree to entanglement of vines and trees  like wood sprites with the speed and agility that their race was known for.  There movements were completly in sync with the others. Sage stopped at a clearing in the woods and said, "we shall camp here tonight.  The sky grows darker and I know not what dangers lerk within it at night I will go and gather wood for a fire, you go and use your skills with the long bow to catch us a fitting dinner."  Adel did as she was told and quickly spotted a white hare racing about she aimed and just as she was going to release her arrow the hare ventured in to the brush.  An Erie green glow appeared over the surrounding land as the wizard stepped forth from the brush...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2003, 01:41:38 AM »
ooc: How did my character become so important in this story? (Oh, and thnx for giving him a name for me!!!!!!!)

"Quick," Sage proclaimed. "We know not what this man is capaple of, or why he wants us. We must be careful. Keep your bow drawn and aimed at his middle." Sage performed likewise as the wizard stepped closer to them, and into the firelight. A gasp of shock escaped the 2 elves lips. It was the wizard all right, but it was not the decreppit old man they had seen in the bar earlier that night. This was a younger, stronger body, that looked all too capable of fending for itself. Bravely, Sage cleared his throat and spoke out his challange.
   "Halt, and be recognized! What business do you have in these parts?"
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2003, 11:28:14 PM »
OOC: :oops:Sorry!  Hope you didn't mind It wasn't getting very far with out him so I kinda took over for a while.  Truthfully I had forgotten it was you who was the elf, I didn't do my research, I thought it was someone the wizard just happened ot bring up :oops: Last time I'll make that mistake!  Any how!

"  Adel remembering that the wizard could read minds thought in her head " Please do not reveal me yet.  Give me time and let me learn about him If he trusts me he will offer more information....."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©