llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Warm day  (Read 6193 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« on: October 21, 2003, 06:56:03 PM »
Shila rested mutely on the branch of a towering oak, her tail flicking at the air below her lazily. Eyes of a deep emerald gazed towards the heavens, staring at the clouds as they drifted above. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, cast down onto this earth by that fiery orb above. One slender leg dangled off the branch she laid upon, swaying slowly in boredom. Muttering a silent word she yawned widely, elongated canines exposed in the opening of her maw. Auburn tresses weaved about her shoulders, clinging to her silken fur in the overwhelming heat.

Sitting up quietly Shila swung both her legs over the side of the branch, kicking outwards much like a young child would when feeling impatient. Stretching out her arms she yawned again, lowering her gaze to the earth below. A soft smile played across her feline lips, innocent in its nature. Bracing her forepaws against the branch she pushed off quickly, dropping from her perch to the earth below. She landed with a muffled thud, kneeling onto her hunches to remain balanced properly.

�Mn… lovely day…" She stated quietly, more to herself then anything else. Her words were mixed with a soft rumbling, easily noted as a purr which resounding from her. Turning around she gazed quietly about her, attempting to better learn about her current surroundings. Feline tail swept at the earth behind her, brushing against the ground in a wide sweeping motion. Placing a single paw upon her hip she continued to smiled silently, waiting for anyone to travel near.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 07:43:27 PM »
Delta scanned the surrounding forest warily.  Nothing seemed amiss, but experience had taught the ranger not to take anything for granted.  She was uncomfortable out of her home woods, but it couldn't be helped.  It still annoyed her to no end that she had been chased out of HER forest.  She had sworn she'd get it back, and she would, but for the moment, she was in unknown territory.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 09:48:33 PM »
“Hmmm… someone’s here...� Shila turned her head slightly to the side, flicking her cat-like ears to better listen to anything out of place in the woods. Grinning widely she turned towards the trunk of a nearby tree, lowering herself onto her hunches. Tail sweeping the earth behind her she leaned forwards, palms placed against the grass. With one nimble leap she landed on one of the tree’s lower branches, claws now extended and biting into the wood. Working her way higher Shila brought herself onto a perfect perch. Quietly she gazed down towards the ground, searching for the other being she could sense was near.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are…�
She crooned softly, a low, playful purr escaping her. Her tail flicked about below her, much like a cat would as it prepared to pounce. Tilting her head to the side, resembling a curious animal, she scanned the ground for any sign of life her eyes could catch.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 10:06:20 PM »
Delta could hear something.  There was someone else out in the woods.  She made sure that she could get at the crossbow if need be, but she didn't do anything else.  She WAS in someone else's territory after all.  She kept walking, looking about for whoever it was.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 10:26:51 PM »
The slightest movement was drawn sharply to her attention. Turning her attention to the source of this movement, laughing softly as she watched the being. Bounding off her branch she landed softly on a lower branch. Digging her claws deeply into the bark of her branch she muttered silently, watching the ranger contently. Flicking her tail behind her she leaned forwards on the branch, whisping quietly."Hello there..."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 10:32:18 PM »
Delta jumped, then looked up.  Of course.  They had been hiding in the trees.  She found herself looking into bright green eyes.  She had never actually seen one of the cat people, though she had heard about them.  It took her a moment to regain her equilibrium.  "Hello.  Uh... pardon the intrusion in your forest..."  She wasn't sure if this forest was the cat's territory or not.  But it couldn't hurt to assume as much.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 01:00:25 PM »
Redwick had walked for very long now, and was tired. He was in unknown lands, and tough the peasants of the village not far from here had warned him to go into the forest, he had realised that it was the only way to get to the northern sea. Otherwise he would have to climb the tall mountains, and tough he was half-dwarf, he much preferred the forest.

As he walked on, he saw a woman who was looking up at a...well, he wasn't sure what it was, but it pretty much of cat in it. Redwick had seen stranger things in his days. He decided to hide behind a nearby tree and see what was going on before he moved onwards...
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 04:59:18 PM »
She grinned quietly as she remained perched 'pon the branch, swinging her tail lazily below her. A soft laughter escaped her as she witnessed the ranger girl jump. Perking a single ear at the words 'your forest' were spoken Shila's expression took on a more curious look. "My forest? Dear girl, I own nothing here but my name."

A fresh scent joined the air now, seeming human though it was joined with a diffrent blood. Shila turned her head in confusion, perking her ears to find the source of this scent, the other being which loomed in the forest now. A soft, rumbling growl escpaed her, silent yet still threatening in its nature. "Who's there?"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 05:53:47 PM »
Bathazar moved quietly through the woods making sure not attract to much attention his target was here somewhere.  Some warlock had gone and killed one of the Lord's cheifs now Bathazar was here to return the favor.  Bathazar crept from tree to tree.   At a small clearing he liad his trap,  not more than a few minutes later.  A medium sized blonda hair young man ran through the clearing.  His target couldn't more than eighteen.  

The young man fell into the hole and and Bathazar sprung hjis trap...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 05:58:44 PM »
Delta heard something, in the other direction from where the newcomer was.  "What was that?"  She spun around, trying to find the source of the sound.  This was decidedly unnerving.  She wondered if it might be time to pull her crossbow.

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 06:41:55 PM »
Shila was posed rigid on the branch, eyes searching restlessly for something in the wood. Muttering silently to herself she swung her legs over the side of the branch, throwing herself from the tree. Landing lightly on the earth she looked at Delta. Reaching up a furry paw she brushed an auburn strand of hair away from her face. "I believe someone is spying on us..." She stated coolly, returning her eyes to the trees around them.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 08:23:44 PM »
The kid fell and was about to throw his energy ball, he almost let the kid go to the kid shot an arror at him. He let the energy ball loose and dusted the kid.  He brushed the dirt on his pants and picked a piece of bone up and dropped it in his pocket as evidence.  

Black shadow flared around him as he phase shifted, then suddenly it failed.  "Crap."  Something was different about these woods, there was something kinda magical here.  Well whatever it was he had to get his d**n way out of here and report in.  

Bathazar reverted back to his human form and walked into the woods, something was stopping him from getting out of here.  He was going to figure it out.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2003, 02:50:34 AM »
Redwick shrugged his shoulders. This...whatever it was...obviously had sense beyond any mere human. Oh well, what d'ya expect in a mysterious forest he tought to himself as he stepped out from behind the tree.

"Ahoi there, cat-person-thingy, I'm just a travellin' half-dwarf who needs to get to the northern seas. I hope I haven't broken any ancient laws of the woods or anything..."

He had done that before, in other forests, which his many scars painfully reminded him of.
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2003, 05:01:19 PM »
Bathazar trudged through the dank forest and happened apon a odd gathering.  A Cat-person, a halfdwarf and a human woman and him.  All in one spot. "Well what a surprise." He said with a grin.

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2003, 05:41:02 PM »
She let out a low, cool laugh as the hidden male stepped out from around the tree. “Ah, so the half-breed shows himself…� She stated coldly, glaring at the dwarf man whom had referred to her as a ‘cat-person-thingy’ Such a disrespectful tilted that had been given to her by a hybrid, let alone a dwarf hybrid. “I would rather you did not call me such a horrid thing,� She growled slightly “A Balam or cat-kin would suffice.� Shaking her head silently she turned her attention away from the crossbreed, instead fixing those emerald orbs on the new-comer.

“And what would a demon be doing here?� She asked, resting her hand on her hip. Her feline ears flicked slightly while her tail swept the earth behind her.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 12:02:10 AM »
"Ahh well someone at least is not completely blind.  And then you know which demon i am.  Now how come i can't get out of these woods?"  His voice was firm and grave.  "I am not here for pleasure cat, but business.  Fortunately for you."  

He held a energy ball in his hand.  The pale blue glow shone in the growing twilight.  "I guess something must me drawing us here best to find out what it is."

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2003, 03:10:19 AM »
"Ah, sorry then, Balam..."

Redwick looked at the man who the Cat-kin had called a demon. The only demons Redwick had seen was big, horned, red-skinned monstorities with green glowing eyes and fire elementals as guards. But these were not his homelands, so he guessed that he would have to be prepared for anything...

"Well, the most probable reason for me bein' drawn 'ere is probably 'cause something really bad is goin' to happen. I excell at bein' at the wrong place at the wrong time..."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2003, 08:22:06 AM »
"It's not any evil I know of, but I feel it to..."  Bathazar said.  There was a rustling in the blushes and a shadow fell across the group then passed.  

"Ok it might be something.  By the way my name is Luke."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2003, 08:31:10 AM »
Delta listened to him.  She had never met any demons, but she didn't really trust him.  But there was no help for it.  "I'm here because some wizard or some such thing chased me out of my home territory.  For which he will pay later."

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2003, 10:01:20 AM »
"Hrmm...well, whatever evil thing it is, I guess it would be better if we started movin'..."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2003, 07:44:02 PM »
She gazed silently at them while they seemed to forget her presence. Yawning widely Shila slipped down into a sitting position, crossing her legs contently and rested her palms in her lap. Flicking her tail behind her she watched them converse in utmost silence. Her ears twitched while she listened, taking in their words. Muttering a soft comment, quiet enough to remain unnoticed Shila sighed heavily. With a smile she fell backwards, creating a pillow with her arms while turning her eyes to the heavens. It would seem that Shila now took to ignoring them, the half-breed, human and demon.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 09:22:58 PM »
Delta glanced over at the cat-kin, then shrugged mentally.  From what she knew about cats, the only way to handle one that wanted to ignore you was to ignore it back, because you couldn't win with them.

Offline Shila

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 10:50:10 PM »
Shila watched the sky mutely, seeming lost in thought while she stared into the heavens. Those emerald orbs of hers shone softly, glistening a deep green while she gazed upwards. Words left her lips, flowing through the air like a light breeze. The sky itself began to darken; much like a velvet blanket was being draped across it. Fresh words rippled out of this feline, their language that used by the followers of Bastet, children of the goddess. Bracing her palms against the earth Shila pushed herself upwards until she was sitting, auburn tresses flickering out behind her as if caught in the dance of the wind. The bright orbs turned towards the small group, staring not at them but through them.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2003, 12:26:09 AM »
The cat bugged Bathazar, it's ability to see through his other half. The demon half of him.  Even though he was only half he still much more powerful than most of the lower tier pure demons.  He was pure human oringinaly but he traveled the rode of the dark side, adventualy he was his powers formed as the evil part of him became coporial in his demon form.  He wasnt a half breed but more of a hybrid.  One of the bonuses to being a this was his ability to take damage and still live even in human form he could survive most magical attacks, and almost all physical.  He was also a praticed swordsman before he found the power in the darkside.

Bathazar disappated the energy ball in his hand and noticed the cat with glowing eyes.  Something in him suspected her of having to do with whatever was drawing him and the rest here...

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
Warm day
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2003, 06:42:26 AM »
Redwick jumped impatiently from one feet to the other.

"Well people, I ain't gonna stand around here. I'll continue my jorney to the north seas. If ya wanna come along, be my guest..."

He took out an old, weaterbitten compass and looked wich way was north. Then he started walking that way.
Redwick Undersoor