llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: An Abandoned Tavern  (Read 8258 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2003, 07:57:35 PM »
OOC: oops this was made by my lil bro had to edit it sorry, left the browser on while i grabbed a drink lol  :lol:

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2003, 08:25:16 PM »
OOC: Looks tight.  

Bathazar looked in his glass, empty.  His mind swimmed a bit with the strong stuff.  "Nice to meet you Bell."  The name ringed a bell or two in the back head, the messenger walked in and told the story.  Then Bathazar's memory spiked, this Bell girl had been once a ruler of a grand city he'd been on a mission there.  That had been a nasty one, he was to steal an amulet from a witch cult.  Things had gone ugly on that misson, he had nearly been killed, and had barely managed to escape with the amulet and his life.  The Lady there had caught onto him early on and laid a trap, it took all his skills and experiance to escape from that one.  He knew Bell because he had used the royal palace to escape from the witches.  She had caught a glimspe of him before he had managed to plane shift back to the under world.  

"Bell, how much would it be to spend the night? I'd sleep on the floor, I'm used to sleeping in the woods.  But I got to run an errand real quick. You will? Thanks."  Bathazar without waiting for a reply stepped outside and closed the door behind him.  A second later he was gone.  

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2003, 09:23:44 PM »
Bathazar breathed in the air if the underworld.  It was his world at least, he reverted to demon form and pulled his hood on and went to his boss.  After a short walk through winding tunnels he stepped into a small antichamber.  

A small winged demon stepped in his way, "What is your name? What is your business?" It said in a gurgling vile voice.

"Bathazar, Delivery."

"Ahh m'Lord did not you see I did, right, this way now." The fiend said with the most subservant voice.

Stone doors parted, the antichamber servant fell away into the darkness.  On a giant black stone throne on it was a red robed figure his face masked in fire.  

"Have you something?" Plumes of fire shot out his mouth as he spoke.

"Heres the bounty you gave to me." He set the crystal amulet on a small pedastal that had glided towards him.  "Majesty, if it is to your pleasure I will be taking a leave of absence for a while in the world above to investigate something that maybe valuable."

"Very well there are... matters that conern me here. Go now."

With a whisp Bathazar plane shifted.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2003, 09:27:40 PM »
Luke(Bathazar) stepped in through the door of the tavern.  "Hey what'd I miss!"  Luke smiled, "Sorry I took so long but I had to meet with my employer in town.  Luke walked to the bar and sat down...

OOC: From now on to lessen confusion. When i my avatar's name Luke hes in human form, when i use his name bathazar hes in demon form.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2003, 12:54:02 AM »
Cara shook her head.  She was very unused to all this activity, and that fellow Luke made her very nervous.  And then the whole episode with the messenger.  She knew something bad had happened, from Bell's reaction.  She hadn't actually been close enough to overhear what was said, even considering the fact that her hearing was sharper than average.  She did smile when the family of wolves trouped in.  If Bell was that tolerant, maybe this would be a nice place to be.  She frowned momentarily.  The wolves themselves might pose a threat.  But it wasn't an issue now.  She shook her head to clear it and pulled her hair, which was a curious shade of gray, away from her face.  "Hey, Bell, I think I'll stay the night here, too, if that's okay with you."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • http://www.msn.com
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2003, 01:38:07 PM »
::Bell sits up from the couch and smiles lightly.::
"Well my first overnight guests...no problem."
::At that she heads upstairs and changes the bedding on the first two rooms upstairs. She quickly runs to her room and grabs some wild flowers she picked earlier on her way to the tavern. She brings them back into each room placing them on the pillow. She stands back and takes a look. She thinks to herself, yes I would stay the night. She tiredly walks back to her room with other thoughts on her mind. Laying her forefinger against her lip she thinks quietly frowning. She opens her bag and takes out a dagger. Bell looks down at it carefully. She quickly hikes up her dress and grabs a peice of leather off her bag. She ties the dagger to her right thigh. Just in case. Bell pulls down her skirt and shakes her head. She was probably over reacting to this news but she knew she couldnt take any chances. Bell opened the room to her door and walked out locking it behind her and tieing the key around her wrist. In her right hand she held two keys. One the room for Cara (#2) and one for Luke (#3). She threw them in the air and walked down the stairs. Something was wrong. She could feel it in her heart. Before giving the two their keys Bell let Wolf in for the night. Wolf sensing something wrong stays at her side. Bell walks over to Cara and hands her the key. ::
"Here you go Cara, I hope you enjoy your stay. If you need anything there is a bell at the side of the bed just ring okay?"
::Bell walks over to Luke and hands him the key.::
"Sir I hope you enjoy your stay, there is a bell at the side of the table just ring if you need anything."
::Bell forces a smile and looks at the front door worriedly. She quickly walks over and locks it. She then walks over to the front door and flips the open sign to closed. She stays for some time at the window looking out wondering about the city wondering if things are okay. Wondering if the ones she once held close were alive. For a second Bell feels like she could be Queen again and then the feeling passes when she looks down at her hands. She couldnt protect what was closer to her and she couldnt protect a whole city. Bell pulls out her chain from beneith her shirt. She looks down at the Ruby that surrounds itself in Black Diamonds. She frowns. If it were not for this d**n gem she could live happily. They will destroy the city turn it upside down looking for it. Little did they know it belonged around her neck. She still remembers her wedding when Tomas put it around her neck and a symbol of his love. Bell absently smiles. She remembers what he told her. "Bell, this gem, its not just a gem, its more, its magic...the world would be in trouble if anyone but you or me got this in their hands. I have sworn to protect this with my life. I will protect you with the same oath...the same oath." Bell could hear his words ringing in her ears. Tears fall from her eyes like rain quietly away from the rest she sobs before wipping her tears and composing herself. What had happened to him anyways. He just went missing. Bell sighs. No matter that was a different life and so is this.::
"So, would any of you like some food?"
::Bell turns around to face Luke and Cara.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Armand
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2003, 01:47:44 PM »
::An arrow flies through the air and hits Armand in the shoulder. The blood seeps through his clean white shirt. ::
"d**nit, they are coming."
::Armand worried now for both Bell and the Gem he frowns, he might have to sacrifice his own life to protect her. Armand makes his stallion turn quickly and takes off towards a dark forest. The legends and myths of this forest beyond most Bloodrunes. It is told that there resides fairys, unicorns, trolls, and other creatures. Armands takes his chances hopping that maybe he would meet anything other than a Bloodrune. He ducks and swerves from branchs and vines. He slowly comes to a brook which his horse jumps quickly. He turns quietly to look behind and there the Bloodrunes stop in their tracks. It seems they cannot cross the brook. Confused but happy Armand takes off out of site from the Bloodrunes hearing their curses follow ring out in the night. Then silence and loud shrieks. Amrand puzzled but not curious enough to turn around wonders what could be worse than Bloodrunes to make them scream so. He shrugs it off hopping never to cross its path. Armand takes off in the driection of Bell again. His detour would cost him hours. He softly curses under his breath. Just then something the size of a bug lands on his arm. He goes to hit it like a misquito and realizes that this creature was not a bug but a forest fairy. He smiles. The fairy flies off and whispers in his ear. "Protect Bell." She flies around his head three times or so making him a bit dizzy and flies up to a branch following the man quietly without his knowledge. Armand puzzled by the whole preformance hurries off hopping to catch some ground in the night.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2003, 01:48:41 PM »
OCC: Im going away for a couple of days. The topic isnt dead just on hold till Monday. C ya guys.
Lady Silver Bell

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2003, 03:18:13 PM »
Cara glanced over at Bell as she handed her the key.  There was something wrong.  Something was frightening or worrying the new innkeeper.  Cara could almost smell it on her.  But she wouldn't ask, it wasn't her place.  Bell would tell her if she wanted to.  "Something to eat would be nice."  She looked restlessly out the window.  The moon was waning.  It would be new in a day or two.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2003, 12:24:19 AM »
"Thanks very much, m'lady." Luke said he took the key and pocketed it. "No thanks, I'm not very hungry right now.  Actualy I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I'll turn in early.  Good night all." Luke smiled one last time then walked up stairs into room #3.  Luke turned around and locked the door.  Luke removed some extra blankets from a closet and stuffed in the bed till they looked somewhat like a person.  Then Bathazar planeshifted out of the room and away into a nearby wood.  Night was the time to hunt.  Bathazar strode through the forest and drew an athume out of thin air.  The athume had a black handle shaped like a straight snake with its mouth open, the blade was made of black diamond.  

Bathazar moved quietly through the woods a horseman rode by with three followers after him.  Bathazar disregarded them and moved on, suddenly someone with a sword lunged at him! Bathazar parried and his accealent's sword flew up and struck and got stuck in a tree.  Bathazar stabbed his attacker in the kidney then seized him by the opposite shoulder while placing his hand slightly infront of the man's face.  A red light glowed in his hand and in the mans mouth, small micro bolts of red lightening cascaded back and forth as Bathazxar sucled the life out of the creature.  It didn't even cry out, its eyes rolled in the back of its head.  Bathazar dropped it on the grond removed his athume and whiped it on the accealent's shirt.  In a flash Luke planeshifted back to the home, he burped once then fixed his bed and went to sleep.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2003, 05:24:52 PM »
::Bell goes to the kitchen and there she puts together some veggie salads and and a bowl of soup. She sighs somewhat tired and almost glad that Luke fellow has dozed off to sleep. Her mind races back to when she was Queen flodding her with faces and memories. She wonders why. She brings the food out to Cara and sits it on a table smiling at her::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Armand
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2003, 06:48:16 PM »
::Armand, loosing lots of blood from the arrow passes out while on his horse on the way to Bells. He drifts into a soft sleep as he approaches the tavern's door. The horse stops at the steps abruptly and Armand falls to the ground hitting his head on the first step. A THUD echos in the tavern.::

::Wolf smelling blood, hears the THUD and looks up at Bell nudging her hand with his cold wet nose.::

::Armand groans some loud enough for Bell and Cara to hear.::

::Bell looks up at Cara worriedly and frowns some. She places her foot on the stool and unties the the dagger from around her thigh. She holds it in her hand looking down. Fear gripping her heart she slowly walks towards the front door, Wolf never leaving her side. Bell takes a key unlocking the front door. She looks out and gasps. Ther lies Armand in a heep of blood on the ground in front of the tavern. Bell drops the knife and goes to help her friend in need.  She cradles his head softly in her arms knelt down beside him. Bell rips off a peice of her skirt and quickly bandages up the wound. She speaks,::
"Armand, you have to help me get you inside. I cant carry you ."
::Armands eyes flutter and he softly opens them. He looks up and smiles coughing some.::
"Okay, Bell."
::He stands up and Bell hold on to him tight bringing him inside and laying him down on an empty couch. Bell quickly goes back to the front door picking up her dagger and letting Wolf come inside. She stops and thinks some. Bell walks out to the front and slaps the horses behind sending him running off into the forest. She then takes the broom off the front step and sweeps up the dirt in the front of the tavern sweeping away his tracks and covering up his loss of blood. Bell throws the broom against the the wall of the tavern and walks back inside looking out once more before shutting the door and locking it tightly. She looks down at Wolf. ::
"Looks like we got some trouble huh pup?"
::Bell sighs and walks over to Armand. She quietly kneels down beside him and whispers in his ear.::
"I'll help you, but no one must know that you are here. You have put me in danger by comming here..."
::She leans up and goes to the kitchen to fetch him a bowl of hot water a needle and some thread.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2003, 07:20:33 PM »
Lukes eyes flashed open as he heard the thud against the door.  In a second he pplane shifted from the bed to the bottom stair well.  An energy bolt glowed in his hand.  He was lucky Bell had just turned to get the door held the energy bolt for a second just to see what it was then swalloed the energy as he saw the injured man.  

"I have some healing skills, if you want I think I could stabilize him." Luke mused as he stepped from the stair well.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2003, 07:22:34 PM »
Cara raised an eyebrow.  Seems like the tavern was the place everyone wanted to be tonight.  As she glanced at the man (who was apparently a friend of Bell's), she caught a whiff of something extremely unpleasant, but so faint that she couldn't identify it.  "Excuse me," she said, as politely as she could, "I know this may not be the time, but... what did this to you?"

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2003, 07:22:54 PM »
::Bell looks up at Luke.::
"Yes m'lord if it isnt to much trouble"
:Bell kneels down beside him once again.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Armand
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2003, 07:24:10 PM »
::He looks up to meet Cara's eyes and sputter the word Bloodrunes.::
::Bell sighs and wish he hadnt said anything.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2003, 07:30:30 PM »
The hair on the back of Cara's neck stood on end, although she couldn't tell if it was because of the man's statement, or Luke's sudden appearance.  Whichever, she was nervous.  "I'm gonna go outside and check a few things," she murmured.  "I'll be back shortly."  As she left, she frowned.  She had heard of the Bloodrunes, and she didn't like this at all.  But there wasn't anything she could do about it, except scout around a little.  Tomorrow, or the next night maybe, she could do a little more.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2003, 07:32:12 PM »
::Nods quickly to Cara.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2003, 08:50:41 PM »
Luke's ears perked at Bloodrunes, so that what his employer was doing possibly...

Luke knelt over the injured man, "Step awy, m'lady and its just Luke. I'm not much of a Lord." Luke placed his hands over the wound, a light shined beneath his palms.  The arrowhead sizzled for a second then vanished there was a flash of white light and the wound closed up.  Muscle and sinew grew together and blood flowed into the re growing flesh.  Luke muttered a word or two and a drop of sweat beaded off his forhead.  The wound closed up and skin appeared.  Then it was done.

"There better than new." Luke murmmered, the use of healing skillz took alot out of him because most of his powers were based on evil, this was the only power of light he possoesed, it came from his past.  One that he did not like remembering.  

"Water please." Luke said.  His throat burned and his stomach growled loud, if he hadn't taken that energy earlier he probaly be dead.  "Maybe I could get a nip to eat to, healing takes alot out of me."

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2003, 12:32:58 AM »
::Bell runs to the kitchen quickly getting two bowls of warm soup and two glasses of water. She hands some to Luke and some to Armand. She quietly looks down at Armand and frowns.::
"So...what are we going to do with you?"
::Armand grins some.::
::Bell frustrated and annoyed she looks down at him and says::
"You know this isnt funny..and you know why. Now tell me of what news."
Armand tells the story of how the bloodrunes stormed the city looking for the ruby. How they were in a serch for it but no one would talk. So they killed off all.
Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2003, 12:39:28 AM »
Luke had ate all of the soup up and emptied the flaggon of water in one gulp. He sat back on the couch he was completely exhausted he heard a little of what the strange man and Bell were saying but didnt really care.  He wondered what made him want to expend that much energy on a human anyways.  The talk of Bloodrunes had perked his interest, those thing were plain stupid savages from what he heard but he'd seen what they could do first hand a couple times, nothing pretty that was for sure.  

Luke waezed a little then let his head slip back and slipped into a dreamless sleep...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2003, 09:38:12 AM »
Cara finally satisfied herself that the strange man hadn't brought any unwelcome guests.  So they were safe for the moment.  But it wasn't likely to last.  She wandered back inside, noticing that Bell and the stranger were talking, and it appeared that Luke had fallen asleep at one of the tables.  She sat down again and finished her meal, then said good night to Bell and went to her room.  The new moon was definitely going to be the next night, so she'd need as much sleep as possibe.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2003, 07:14:46 PM »
::Bell seeing Luke sleeping sighs. She goes to him and places a warm blanket on him. Bell grabs a key from her key chain and give Armand the key to Room #4. She tells him its upstairs.::
::Armand stands and goes to his room closing the door behind him and slipping into bed.::
::Bell stays up and sits at the bar with a bottle of rye. Though tired she stays up thinking about the past. Thinking about the Ruby. She pulls it out from her shirt and takes it from around hre neck looking at it. She frowns. She goes to Wolf and ties the Ruby around his neck. Hidden by his fur the Ruby was safe for now. She goes to her room taking Wolf with her. She slips into bed with her door open slightly Wolf sleeping in front of the door Bell slips in a dream world of nightmares. She screams and fights in her sleep.::
Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2003, 09:17:40 PM »
Luke slept throught the night and awoke early next morning, it was still before sun up, it didn't sound like anyone else was awak to he planeshifted to a short ways away outside.  He hunted around for a little while but he couldn't find anyone or anything worth to drain somepower from.  He would just have to wait a little while for it to build back up.  

Luke walked back to the house and plane shifted through the door.  No one was awake, so he went into the back and grabbed an orange and peeled it.  He munched on it thoughtfuly, he had had a long life even by demon standards he had been walking the underworld and this world for almost a millenia.  His body looked only about late twenties though, thoughts of reitirement crept into his mind.  Being a mercenary of sorts he had aquired a large amount of wealth.  But he speculated about the Bloodrunes they sure were desperate to get a hold of this fellow, he could smell blood rune all over him where ha came from there must have been tons of them. His thoughts wandered till he thought he heard footsteps upstairs, he grabbed a pot of tea and but it over the fire.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2003, 03:42:17 PM »
::Bell comes down stairs with bags under her highs. Her hair down up neatly. She sees that Luke is up. She smiles seeing he helped himself. ::
"Good morning Luke."
::Bell rubs her highs and walks over to the bar. The nightmares of the night before lingered in her mind, she couldnt shake them off. Wolf looks up at her before she grabs the bottle of rye and pours herself a shot to calm her nerves. She quietly hopes that Armand wouldnt be up for a couple more hours.::
"Did you have a good nights sleep?"
::Bell turns towards him and takes the shot before he could reply.::
Lady Silver Bell