llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: An Abandoned Tavern  (Read 9154 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • http://www.msn.com
    • Awards
An Abandoned Tavern
« on: October 20, 2003, 09:20:24 PM »

::Quietly Bell walks through the forest coming to an edge of a small village. There before her eyes sat a lazy, old, wild dog on the steps of an abandoned Tavern. The windows shut up with planks of wood. Bell looks at it curiously stroking her bottom lip with her index finger. A thought came to mind and she wondered if she could possiably re-open the tavern and call it Silvers Inn and Tavern. She smiles at her own thought. Yes she thinks it just might do. Its not easy going from royalty to nothing but this was a new chance for her to try. And she wanted to try.::
"Aye, here I go...."
::Bell stepped onto the taverns front porch  where the dog lay, he looks up at her and gives her a small grin as if saying finally a master to feed me. Bell sensing the poor dogs thoughts she feeds him a ration of her food, patting him lightly on the head.::
"And what shall I call you mutt?, You be nothing but skin and bones but yay do resemble a wolf some, then i shall call you Wolf. Now here is the deal friend, you help me and I'll help you, Being a woman on my own I shall need some protection so you keep the bad ones away and Ill give yay some food."
::Guessing that the dog understood her Bell walks into the tavern examining the cobwebs and inches of dust. She sighs lightly and and checks out the furniture, all still very much in tack. She smiles.::
"Well looks like all Ill be needing is a hammer and some cleaning supplies.""
::Bell reaches into her bag and pulls out a rag and starts to wipe down the bar and tables trying to get rid of the dust and cobwebs.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
    • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 12:06:05 AM »
    Licarathia wandered purposelessly through the woods.  She often times spent more time out there than she did at what passed for her house.  As she approached the tiny village, she noticed something new.  There was someone in the long-abandoned tavern.  At least, some of the boards had been pulled off.  That was odd.  'Cara avoided the village herself because it made her exceptionally nervous.  But the tavern was on the outskirts, far enough away that 'Cara didn't mind.  She passed through here every few days or so, and the tavern had been boarded up as long as she could remember.  Being a curious woman, she decided to investigate.  The wild dog that hung around the place barked at her once in greeting. He knew her; she had fed him once or twice.  She poked her head through the door.  "Hello?  Anyone here who wants to talk?"
    Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    Getting Settled In
    « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 12:29:53 AM »
    ::Bell finally finished all the cleaning and repair work on the windows and doors, relaxes comfortably looking around. What she needs now is some drinks, thats it she must set out towards Karlain to her old friend Armond.::
    "Come Wolf."
    ::Bell saddles a nearby horse that must of belonged to the last owner and takes off. The Wild Dog that was once lazy now racing beside her not loosing much distance between them. Bell heads South towards Karlain in hopes to find Armond at Venican.  As she enters the town she notices its sad quietness, remembering a once thriving city now laying in ruins. She smiles seeing that the brothel is still running and in service. The horse comes to a halt in front of Venician, and she slips a leg off the horse to the other side jumping down. Looks for a minute seeing the Dog coming not far off, Bell whistles some and Wolf comes running panting some. Bell leans over patting him on the head.::
    "Dont worry friend I shall get thee a bowl of water and some warm food in here."
    ::Bell enters the door of Venicain happy to see her old friend Armond.::
    "Greetings M'Lord, how are thee this evening?""
    ::Armond looks up and smiles seeing Bell's lovely face again. He thought that he would never see her again after her husband dying. ::
    "Bell how are you my love?"
    "Good m'lord good."
    ::Bell smiles sadly.::
    "Im surprised to see you Bell, I didnt think you would be back."
    "Well Aye m'lord Im here strictly on buisness..."
    ::Armond raises a brow.::
    "Oh?""
    ::Bell smiles and blushes some.::
    "Im in need of drink to open my new tavern."
    ::Armond smiles::
    "Well then m'lady this way."
    ::Armond takes her to the back and hands her a case of rye, of moonshine, of vodka and other alcohols.::
    "You neednt pay me back love, just keep well."
    ::Bell smiles and nods some. Knowing that once he did love her but now it could never be. He was married after all.::
    "Thanks m'lord"
    ::Bell with the help of Armond packs the alcohol on a spare wagon that he had and before she leaves she makes sure that her new found friend has a bowl of water and some meet freshly cooked.::
    ::As Bell saddles up again the Wolf jumps into the wagon and sits like he is King of the world. Armond smiles, knowing that the ugly beast will keep her safe...He saw a loyalty in that mutt's eyes. Something he himself could not provide her, not right now. Bell waves to Armond and heads back through the forest ridding hard and fast to the tavern. Before she reaches it the rain starts to pour on her soaking her clothes and hair. She pulls up to the tavern and quickly brings in the alcohol, letting the Wolf come inside with her. She undress in the privacy of her own new home and wraps a blanket around her body shivering some from the cold. Bell heads up the stairs and enters one of the rooms, Surprised and happy that there is a bed she lays down quietly and sighs. It has been a long time since she layed in a bed alone. She must of been all of 15 the last time. She was now 22. Still farely young, and widdowed already. Sadly she cries into the pillow and Wolf wines low. Sensing her hurt he jumps up on the bed and lays his head on her stomach. Bell pets the dog with tears in her eyes. Sometime late in the night she finally cries herself to sleep only for the nightmares to start.::
    "HELP ME,........................."
    ::Bell screams into the night as the thunder and lightnight fill the air outside , the rain pouring down on to the roof sounding like a thousand bullets.Wolf wines low and puts his ears down slightly to all the new noises. He thinks to himself it was quieter when no one was around to feed him. He leans over and licks her hand.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    Bell Wakes to a Visitor
    « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 12:32:32 AM »
    ::Bell quickly dresses and runs down the stairs, she slept half the night away. She opens the doors and smiles broadly.::
    "Hi, Im bell. Welcome, I just got some supplies and cleaned the place up."
    ::Bell laughs nervously.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
    • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 12:36:37 AM »
    "Hi.  I'm Licarathia.  I just stopped in to see what was going on.  This place has been abandoned for years."  'Cara stepped in, looking about.  "Wow.  You've gotten a lot done in a short time."  'Cara paused.  "I alos wanted to see if you needed any help.  That was a bad storm last night."  She could tell that the woman had slept badly.  But it wasn't her place to ask.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 12:55:55 AM »
    :Bell smiles warmly pulling her fingers through her hair.::
    "Well I need to get that sign painted."
    ::Bell points up.::
    "But for now how about a drink, you can tell me of these parts."
    ::Wolf goes over smelling the new lady and licks her hand welcoming her sensing no danger.::
    ::Bell strolls over to the bar and cleans a glass that obviously hadnt been used in a while::
    "What can I get you?""
    ::Bell smiles warmly at her::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »
    'Cara absently scratched the dog's head.  "Water's fine."  She began looking for a way to get the sign down so it could be painted.  She finally pulled a chair out and unhooked it.  "As for these parts..."  She shrugged.  "I know the forest and the back roads pretty good, and I can tell you where it's a good idea to buy supplies.  But I don't actually live in the village.  I just wander through here every now and again."  She looked around, presumably for paint.  "I don't like the village."

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 01:17:50 AM »
    "Oh I see."
    ::Bell brings her a glass of water and two paint brushes, along with some paint. She hands the glass of water to Cara. She smiles absently looking at the sign. Her mind traveling back to her husband she softly frowns some. Bell's thoughts race back to this time and place and she sighs softly.
    "So what do you think of Silver's Tavern?"
    ::She looks at the woman. Bell leans over and opens a can of white paint and some silver paint. She scratches her chin lightly thinking of how exactly she would like to do this. She glances over at the woman::
    "So how come you dont like this town? It seems pretty deserted to me..."
    ::Bell looks around looking for some sign of life other than the two women standing there talking and her dear prescious friend Wolf. Bell smiles at the animals and takes a piece of beef out of her poket handing it to her pet, and friend.::
    ::Bell thinks to herself that this town seems pretty quiet a good place perhaps to start a new family. No she must not think like that. She must be strong and do this on her own. She was not going to even look another mans way. Pats the dog on the head quietly.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 01:37:08 AM »
    "I think it's a great name."  Cara paused.  "I don't know why I don't like it.  I just ...feel like there's something dreadfully wrong there.  It's funny.  I don't mind being here, but once I get to the other buildings, I get nervous, or claustrophobic, maybe.  I know people live there, but it feels like it should be abandoned."  She laughed.  "That didn't make much sense, did it?  Something else that's funny, this mutt here's been hanging around forever."  She petted him.  "But I don't think he's ever gone down there.  I could be wrong, but he's always awful skinny everytime I see him."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
      • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 12:13:17 AM »
    OOC: Mind if I join?

IC:  The witch and Bathazar danced the death dance, energy bolts and potions bottles hurled like hand grenades at the two figures that doged and weaved in the shadows.  Sound blasted and light flared, creatures ran in terror as the two figures battled it out.  

Suddenly the witch stopped for a second and started to chant, Bathazar felt flames lick at his feet in that moment he hurled an energy bolt that hit her in the mouth.  Ash blew into the wind, and Bathazar reached down in the burnt ashes and pulled out a small neckalce with a small charm on it and pocketed it.

He saw a town in the distance parting him and the town were some woods.  He trudged off into the woods maybe he would find something to eat.  He and that last witch had been battling it out for over two days or so.  This last assignment had been the best he got to spend as much time in the human realm as he wanted as long as he rounded up enough artifacts for his boss...

"Silla I know your there come forth."  A dark shadow formed into self into a woman in black.  "You have something?"

"Yes, take this to your master and leave me."  He tossed the charmed bracelet to her then left. Silla examined it then disappeared in a flash of flames.  

Bathazar's forms changed as he reverted back to his human self.  His stomach growled indignantly and his throat was parched, another draw back to being part mortal was keeping his mortal body in good health.

He wandered in the woods some and a small dark tavern seemed to leap out of the trees at him.

"Perfect."

He wondered up to the door, "Hello?"

Offline gash

• Nomad
      • Awards
    re: abandoned house-thingy
    « Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 10:30:16 AM »
    gash stumbled through the forest, blood all over his shirt from a wound on his chest. his foe is dead on the forest floor. "thats...the...very last time...i...go after...a...a...wampyr" gash nearly collapses, he is breathing very heavyly, his sight is growing dim...suddenly, he sees a cottage up a head "maybe i can get help...i need it like a...*cough*..."  he passes out on the ground, dropping his sword,  in front the cottage.
    the last thing he hears before he blacks out is the sound of a barking dog... or maybe a wolf...god dont let it eat me...
    feh...you were hardly worth my time

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 10:52:42 AM »
    'Cara looked up as someone approached the door.  She smiled at him, but kept painting the sign.  Then she heard the dog barking.  Putting her brush down, she went to the door to look past the other fellow.  At the edge of the clearing she could see someone collapsed in a heap.  She ran out to him.  He was unconscious and hurt badly.  "Hey, Bell, we have a problem.  Or at least he does."  It would probably be a good idea to get him inside, but she wasn't quite sure how.  She was a whole hell of a lot stronger than she appeared to be, but she didn't think she could carry him all by herself.  She looked back at the other newcomer.  "A little help please?"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #12 on: October 22, 2003, 05:17:19 PM »
    "Sure thing."  Bathazar said with a smirk.  He walked over and picked up the man and slung over his shoulder with ease.  "Well shall we?"  Bathazar motioned into the tavern.

Bathazar stepped into the dank tavern, and laid the passed out human on the table.  He went back outside, "so what's brought everyone out of the wetworks and into a nowhere tavern like this?"

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    Customers?
    « Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 11:49:15 AM »
    ::Looks up with a grin. Customers already. She takes the sign and replaces it where it belongs and begins to wipe down the counter.::
    "Hello, what can I get you all?"
    ::She smiles over at Wolf, thinking to herself that this might just work out after all.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 10:58:31 PM »
    Bathazar nods.  (OOC: Is this topic dead?)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #15 on: October 26, 2003, 11:22:54 PM »
    OOC:  Hopefully not.  If Gash doesn't show back up, we'll drop him.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #16 on: October 28, 2003, 12:56:48 PM »
    OCC:Im still in

::Smiles::
    What can I get you?
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 01:51:48 PM »
    OOC: thats good

"Best beer ya got, mam."

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    Beer
    « Reply #18 on: October 29, 2003, 12:52:37 PM »
    ::Bell grabs a bottle of beer from the ice box and takes the lid off carefully she places a coaster on the bar and places the bottle of beer on top. She looks up meeting the mans eyes.::
    "sir, today the drinks are on the house. Tis my grand opening of the tavern."
    ::Bell glances Wolf's way who is curiously smelling the man Cara went to help. She wonders what is wrong.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #19 on: October 29, 2003, 07:12:10 PM »
    "Thanks.  I've been out in those woods a long time its nice to be able to kick back, and not have to bother with cities. By the way my name is Luke(alias), I prithe what might you two might call eachself?"  Bathazar took a long drink and quenched his thirst marginaly.  He emptied one, "Another please, m'lady."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
    • Emperor
    • Demented Author Chick
      • KnightHawk
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #20 on: October 29, 2003, 09:22:35 PM »
    "I'm Licarathia, but everyone just calls me Cara."  She looked at the unconscious man again.  She couldn't tell what was wrong with him.  "I think he might need a doctor."

OOC:  I now declare Gash's char an NPC for the time being.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 12:28:38 PM »
    ::Bells studies the man quietly known as Luke, she then turns her back before answering him replacing his drink with another.::
    "My name Sir, is Bell."
    ::Her mind softly drifts to when that name carried weight, for it was not just a name but a title. Her memories run away to her husband and that horriable night. Feeling tears coming on she turns her back and and places a shot of rye slidding the liquid down her throat. Just then one of Armands messangers storms into the tavern panting and out of breath. Bell looks at him and almost grimaces. She quietly walks towards the messanger and he hands her a scroll with Armands writting on it. Bell leads the man to the bar where she pours him a glass of water and places a peice of bread in front of him. She quietly walks to the corner and reads the scroll to herself,  her eyes fill with trouble and concern. She walks back to the messanger and asks
    "Sir I beg you tell when was the city taken hold of?"
    ::The messanger looks up at her and replies
    "Last night m'lady, Armand request that you head back to rule..."
    ::Bell cuts the man off::
    "Please Sir could you go back and inform Sir Armond that there is no queen. That she is dead."
    ::The messanger feeling somewhat uncomfortable, finishes his water and takes his peice of bread with him. He shakes his head miserably on the way out thinking that Armand is going to flip when he hears this one.::
    ::Bell absently returns to the man named Luke and smiles some. She looks casualy over at Wolf and he comes to her side knowing that for some reason something has got her upset he licks her hand playfully and Bell leans down and softly pets the creature . Wolf thinking this is the perfect opportunity licks her face and Bell falls over laughing.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    Armand
    « Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 01:15:35 PM »
    OCC: For those of you following the abandoned tavern here is part of the same story.

::Armand sits quietly in the empty brothelo looking out the window waiting for Bell and the messanger to come. His eyes fill with tears as he looks at the fallen city that was taken over by the Bloodrunes. The mindless zombie looking creatures with large weapons throwing innocent women and children down in the dirt and beheading them one bye one. Soon they would be coming his way. Armand quietly gets up and loads a bag. He thinks to himself, "this was home to me, what am I going to do now?" He wonders who they are looking he turns to the window to see his messanger on his way back. Just as the messanger reaches the door a Bloodrune grabs him and stabs him in the ribs. The poor boys blood drips down into the brownish red dirt.  Armand shakes his head and grabs his stuff. Before he heads out he sees the same Bloodrune heading in the front door just as he heads out the back. Armand jumps on his stallion and gallops away quickly before anyone notices him gone. He rides to the forest somewhat safe from all the Bloodrunes. He tries to think of where Bell told him she was now living. He takes a wild guess and heads off towards her direction.::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    Back at the Tavern
    « Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 01:27:34 PM »
    :? ::Bell picks herself up from the floor and sighs some. She is tired from the night before and all the work she has put into the place since. She decides that she might go and rest on one of the free couches. Bell walks over to the couch and sits quietly massaging her own feet looking at all the customers. Just then she hears a scratch at the door. She turns and it seems Wolf is inside. In fact he is by the man named Luke. Puzzled Bell stands up in her bare feet and opens the door. There stands a wolf with cubs. Wolf strolls over to them as if King of the Tavern and gently licks the cubs heads. Bell looks down kind of confused but figures that either Wolf is actually a Wolf or ....Her thoughts trail off as a cub enters the tavern and pees on the floor. Bell groans.::
    "Oh no, "
    ::She grabs a mop and cleans up the mess. Then looks down at Wolf.::
    "Well no what your family going to live here too?"
    ::Wolf looks at her with a a tiltled head and goes to lick her hand almost reassuring her that its ok. The female Wolf and her cubs enter the tavern and make their way to the back stock room growling at random people as they enter. Bell thinks some. She realizes that she never went in the back stock room. She quietly follows the Wolves and enters. There it seems the Wolves have been living for struin across the floor looks to be deer bones. Bell grimaces some. ::
    "Oh yuck!"
    ::Bell opens the back door to the stock room so that the Wolves can get in and out and kicks some deer bones out of the Tavern.  She enters the tavern through the main front doors again closes the door to the stock room.  She heads over to the couch that she was last sitting on and begins to rub her feet gently.::
    ::The clock strikes 9:00 pm. Soon Bell will be closing for the night. ::
    Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
      • Awards
    An Abandoned Tavern
    « Reply #24 on: October 30, 2003, 02:20:49 PM »
    OCC: Like my new pic?
    Lady Silver Bell