llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 472 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline DayanthisArchon

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Hello
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:35:01 PM »
Hello All

I am a writer and worldbuilder and discovered this site while looking at character building resources. My planned books take place in a solar system formed from the dying body of a Celestial, and cut away from the rest of the universe by a war among two ancient tribes of Celestials, one dedicated to preserving the Elari system, the other dedicated to destroy aberrant creations.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:09:56 PM »
EPIC!!

That is quite an undertaking and sounds like a lot of fun to work through. Hopefully you will find some time to share some of your stories, ideas or plans for it. We love us some worldbuilding.

Welcome to the site!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Questor NPC Guild
    • Excursions from the Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
DayanthisArchon,

Quick question before I continue with my welcome, what is the origin of your handle, and how would I pronounce it?

Anyway Welcome, you might be in the right place.  I’ve found that the citadel was a good tool for world building.  I have ‘built’ a number of worlds, mostly for RPG games I’ve run over the years and it was satisfying sharing parts of those worlds on the Citadel. I joined in 2005 or 2006 and it is nice to go back and read stuff that I wrote ten years ago (given it can be a little painful) but the old citadel post are liking have snap shots to the old campaigns that had captivated the imagination of a small group of gamers, or mementos the gaming groups long since separated by time and distance.  DayanthisArchon, if you use the citadel to articulate some of your ideas I think you will appreciate that effort in the future. The citadel has been here for almost 20 years, it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. 

But articulating your ideas and using the citadel as an idea repository is only part of the world building here.  The part that I have always enjoyed the most is when some else’s post inspires me to go play in the world they built.  If you look at the Decathros project from about five or seven years ago you can see how the different region built on one another.

I wrote up a culture that was imagined as refugees from a culture Strolen invented. Dozus’s alligator people were the basis of a character study I did on drunken adventurer and Dozus’s voodoo style religion took elements from many of the regions.  The Refugee Beneath the Waves was another fun collaboration with Victorian Era steam punk in a underwater setting. The best thing, I think, the Citadel has offered is inspiration and people to inspire. It has the potential to be a potential to be collaborative and creative environment for you. 

I hope you tell us more about your starfarers and the giant head they live on.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 03:36:18 PM »
Howdy and welcome!
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg