llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Monthly Citadel Challenge?  (Read 617 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
Monthly Citadel Challenge?
« on: January 02, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »
We used to do quests, and they got a lot of attention. Maybe instead of doing a single specific quest we could do a monthly challenge that uses a common theme, or like Dragonlordmax's freetext of the week uses a collection of specific freetexts?

I want to see some activity here, and I don't have much of a writer's circle to recruit from, most of my friends list is horse people.

I was thinking that for January we could run a winter theme, and maybe have double XP for the month on winter related submissions?

Thoughts?
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: Monthly Citadel Challenge?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:14:42 PM »
But it's so hot right now!  :Thud: But I like the idea. We could also maybe work out some kind of 'Writing Prompts' style quest/challenge similar to the writing prompts subreddit; wherein you're given a sentence or two and you have to build up something around that. Or yeah; give 2-4 themes/keywords/freetexts and people have to write a sub which incorporates all of them in some manner.

I still like the idea of quests though - on top of this stuff, quests can be a less common but more highly rewarded event.

Another random thought:
I'm thinking in terms of way too much effort, coding, participation, graphics and way too much involvement here, but how cool would it be if the major quest events changed the entire layout of the main citadel and submissions for the quest affected it; like group quests which we all need to participate in to finish.
For example, a 'frozen' quest month where the front page of the citadel has an iced over theme, and every submission cracks/melts the ice until the original page is broken free again ( or even just some quest symbol in the side of the main page is encased in ice, and every sub makes more and more cracks in it until it's broken free.)
Or a 'Dungeon Run' theme, where the front page is all dungeon stone themed and super dark, and the cursor is a torch which sheds light on the section you're over. And every Dungeon submission makes the torchlight brighter until we break free (Perhaps the layout of the dungeon changes until the 'final room' where the quest symbol 'treasure' is.

If enough subs are done/requirements are complete, everyone who participated gets a hefty XP bonus plus whatever other goodies we can give.

Yeah, that whole last part is way too much effort but still, nice thought.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Monthly Citadel Challenge?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 11:57:53 PM »
We can do a winter quest.

If you could, write me up a description of what you want and I will put together the quest page.

That is a fun idea SE, but, yeah, a lot of work. :)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.