llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Silk Road OOC Chat  (Read 9569 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: The Silk Road OOC Chat
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »
I havent heard or seen anything from Dozus, so he is on autopilot until he pops back up
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
Guess we are waiting on the Captain's reaction. Is she still game, or are we going to need to 'negotiate' :)

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »
Valadaar, any ideas in smuggler town? I'm just interested in a little information gathering.
Also, will we be getting a Kassy anytime soon, or did the Kassy pull a no-show?
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2018, 06:20:19 AM »
Treat the smuggler city like you would Mos Eisley, it is a hive of scum and villainy, and full of people who's friends dont like you, and they dont like you either
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2018, 10:49:24 PM »
Val: I dont know who you are wanting Jerome to contact, message me and lets get it sorted out.

Echo: I want to throw Blue something fun, with the letters, but I need some time to work it out.

I am starting vacation tomorrow, and I've been feverishly working on getting the house ready for the petsitter, and our costume project, yes, there is a costume contest on my vacation and I've made a near full sized horse for it. There will be pics on FB later. I want to throw some stuff out for the game, but I am going to say its pretty likely this will be a 5 day pause on my end, and I give my apologies on that.

This costume has been stressful

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2018, 02:14:25 AM »
As a re-enactor, I fully understand. Costumes are a) important b) stressful. We're patient adults, too :) Enjoy!
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:17 PM »
I was just creating a random hook :P 

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2018, 03:01:35 PM »
Back from vacation, and I want to get back into things, so before launching headlong back into it, what would you fine fellows like to see in the upcoming section?

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Family issues. I like where it is going now, but I'll put some more thought into it.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2018, 02:06:59 AM »
I think the issue is complicated somewhat by how 'soon' in the campaign this narrative arc occurs.
We have run 0-0.5 adventures with our characters in the cosmic era setting. Thus, we as players don't have many connections with the world, even though the characters would be connected to their associates, fixers, military comrades, friends, enemies, contacts...
Many outside forces act upon them now, and the scope of the adventure is very wide; due to the characters' isolation, they naturally slip into the role of victims of the story, and not so much active agents.

I'd like the characters to take on more agency, to drive more of the story, but don't see a good way how. Any ideas?

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »
My hands have been full, but the ideas that come to mind are a common goal (more so than grab the money and run) , or a common enemy.

The germ of an idea I have now is the USS Indianapolis

Like the ship that delivered the atomic bombs to the Air Force to drop on Japan, the party have become the custodians of not one but several wunder weapons.

I think that the hidden patron that has hijacked Mataos is going to be in touch in a day or two. Hopefully, I need to do something with the idea, and have family business to attend to tomorrow

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2018, 05:12:20 AM »
One question: can Blue or Jerome do any custom programming on the mom-bots? Is there any whiz kid in the Interzone who can do so?

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2018, 09:18:05 AM »
Jerome's day job before he left the service was as a bot-handler, so I'd think he'd have a chance. Given their payload he has been reluctant to get too close to them.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2018, 03:53:59 PM »
Jerome's day job before he left the service was as a bot-handler, so I'd think he'd have a chance. Given their payload he has been reluctant to get too close to them.

Outside of the payload, they are functionally fetish/pregnant sexbots, nothing super sophisticated, hardware wise. Their programming seems pretty benign as well, the defensive explosive kids only go off when faced by a threat to the mothers.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2018, 07:48:56 AM »
Hi, a few questions:
> The hashish-dispensing lass (HDL) does not want anything else, she's just a piece of local colour giving out drugs?
> The HDL does not know of a way to make a secure call?
> The HDL does not know of anyne ding jailbreaking on bots?
> What's Charlie Foxtrot's? A bar? A kindergarden? A statement about life?

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2018, 07:02:16 PM »
Hi, a few questions:
> The hashish-dispensing lass (HDL) does not want anything else, she's just a piece of local colour giving out drugs?
> The HDL does not know of a way to make a secure call?
> The HDL does not know of anyne ding jailbreaking on bots?
> What's Charlie Foxtrot's? A bar? A kindergarden? A statement about life?

HDL is a local piece of color
Yes she does, but it will cost ya
Yes she does, but again it will cost ya
Charlie Foxtrot's used to be something, but now it's a burnt out shell that people use as a flophouse to stay out of the rain and EM noise

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: Today at 09:40:20 AM »
So, what else is needed to get the ball rolling?
> we will rig the bots to blow, ideally alone, but if we're not able, we'll get the minimum necessary tech support
> we get a ride, something that handles bad terrain well and is quite inconspicuous
> we get a few mercs to cover our butts
> disable Matos' wireless, or at least get him drugged
> hand over the merchandise
> abscond