llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Silk Road OOC Chat  (Read 7917 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: The Silk Road OOC Chat
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »
I have exactly zero on Adeaze in my PMs :/

That's because Adeaze means nothing to Blue
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
I have exactly zero on Adeaze in my PMs :/

That's because Adeaze means nothing to Blue

That's right  :thumbup:
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »
Everyone had their own reasons for raiding the shuttle
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:38 PM »
At least we do not have to share. So, let's roll!
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »
Guys, especially valadaar - Blue is a) off the meds, b) actually submissive in the presence of such two splendid examples of masculinity. Could you please take initiative? (also, I have zero effing clue what to do)

@ Scras - which of the shuttles looks like it carries our goods? The one where the stranger things are camped, right?

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2018, 09:16:36 AM »
The main shuttle from the arco, aside from having most of it's engines blow out is intact, and it is your target. The insides have been badly shaken up by the crash, but it is largely intact.

Contents include:

A droid delivery pod, opened, and empty. (12 unit capacity)
ten plastic totes containing medical supplies, food supplies, and other consumable goods. Blue's meds, and then some, are all present
two large military crates of weapons. Assorted.
Two large crates of art and luxury items
A residential/Civilian polyforge - a 110 kg machine one cubic meter in size
A residential/Civilian reducer - a recycling machine that turns trash and raw materials into polyforge fuel
three dead people, casualties of the crash, pilot, copilot, and a second passenger to Adeaze.

5 pregnant women, 4 children (under 6 years of age), 5 infants. They are cymeks, organic bodies, but machine brains and control systems

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 05:08:34 AM »
 :stickpoke: Are we doing this, or when do we expect to resume?  :poet:

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2018, 03:10:53 PM »
You guys have taken the shuttle and your loot is listed above.

What you do now is up to you, and the flesh wrapped droids are going to look to someone for leadership, and aren't going to do anything unless they are threatened. If they are threatened they will most likely cower while one of the fleet footed children will go rushing for an explosive hug.

The droids can talk if anyone wants to interact with them.

They are also WMDs, so that's worth something

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
Ah, the way they were portrayed made me think that Adeaze controlled them by an implant or something. As they were completely still, they seemed simply cut off from commands like a marionette from its strings, and I didn't think they'd respond to normal verbal stimuli at all (it seems valadaar had a similar impression, not interacting with them).

As for my last post, I assume there were no networks Blue could interact with?

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2018, 05:49:08 AM »
Backtracking

Adeaze opened the droid pod and let the mobile mines out. They soft imprinted on her and did what she said. There was no command code, just them following blend in and behave protocols. They could possibly be hacked, but they are still droids and can be interacted with.

There are no active networks other than whatever smart gear they are carrying

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »

I'll attempt a ranged ( :) ) demolitions check on the sphere Blue is holding...  Demolitons     MIN+1 = 3D+2

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2018, 05:11:23 PM »

I'll attempt a ranged ( :) ) demolitions check on the sphere Blue is holding...  Demolitons     MIN+1 = 3D+2

You are trying to what? Blow it up in Blue's hands?

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »
Observation only. Trying to see if I recognize it. 

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2018, 06:11:49 AM »
 :knightsofni1:

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
Posted a nudge, this is kinda sandbox here, the shuttle job got everyone in the same place at the same time, albeit for different reasons. The shuttle has been reached, and it has a serious issue inside, aka the mobile mine pregnant women and children, which are very much terror weapons. By headcount the only mines that have gone off are children, and these were enough to completely obliterate a skeletron, and to also destroy a second landing craft, from the first attempt to take the shuttle. There is no telling what is packed inside the abdomens of the pregnant women.

chemical warhead
viral warhead
micro-atomic device
arcanotech warhead
austerhagen micro-warhead

The potential for what is inside of them should put most of the characters into a cold sweat

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2018, 03:54:03 AM »
Ah, from the explosion in connection with Jerome's bot, I thought that these were just conventional explosives. Blue, being an anarcho-terrorist too did not see an issue with simply handing them over. The possibility of a nuke or worse did not cross my mind, TBH. I'll give it some thought.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2018, 05:41:26 AM »
I'd also like to bring up a topic which may explain some of the hiccups: the Silk Road RP is very sandbox-y, and system-free. We have never really discussed how to address this.
> What are the players' narrative privileges? Can we create NPCs, can we play out some of the interactions? How much of the story outside of the actions of our characters do we actually drive? Do you Scras have a thought-out plot, or do we co-determine what the plot actually is?
> How do we handle success and failure of the PCs' actions, and their competence? Honestly, I've never played a fully system-free RP, so I am at a loss here. This is less crucial than the distribution of narrative privileges, but still important.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2018, 07:03:15 AM »
I'd also like to bring up a topic which may explain some of the hiccups: the Silk Road RP is very sandbox-y, and system-free. We have never really discussed how to address this.
> What are the players' narrative privileges? Can we create NPCs, can we play out some of the interactions? How much of the story outside of the actions of our characters do we actually drive? Do you Scras have a thought-out plot, or do we co-determine what the plot actually is?
> How do we handle success and failure of the PCs' actions, and their competence? Honestly, I've never played a fully system-free RP, so I am at a loss here. This is less crucial than the distribution of narrative privileges, but still important.

Narrative privilege - pretty loose, and I have some ideas to loop a narrative together but there isn't a linear adventure here. Wherever the party goes I'll plot ahead of it to keep it interesting

Color NPCs and background fluff is totally up for grabs, and interactions are fine for anyone to do both parts.

When there have been serious incidents that require skill or dice checks I generally just toss a D20 and go from that.

On the Mommas and their babies - the kids are interceptors and are just conventional explosives, enough to stop an armor trooper or collapse a small building, they protect the mother until she can teach her designated target. Mothers can carry a lot more conventional explosive, but that 8 month prego belly can pack in way more than just some C4.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2018, 06:18:36 PM »
So, doctor, ready to call it?  :poet:

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »
It's not dead, just me.

Had a GI incident over the busy weekend and haven't been online much. Spent most of yesterday asleep.

Didn't get to post this last weekend because, and this is looking up, I am looking at a new potential job. More money and only a short move if it works out

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
Oh, get well soon. Just poke me when this is no longer on hold :)

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2018, 10:07:31 AM »
Val, I guess we can exercise our sandboxy narrative privileges to decide where to bring the preggo bombs. A little banter between Blue and Jerome to work it out?

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
Val, I guess we can exercise our sandboxy narrative privileges to decide where to bring the preggo bombs. A little banter between Blue and Jerome to work it out?

Yisss

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »
Sure :)

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »
Sure :)
Do you need any further input to post?
Also, Dozus is AWOL or ...?