llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Silk Road Act 1: Old Cairo  (Read 4052 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: The Silk Road Act 1: Old Cairo
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
"So do I fekking shoot them or not? This is awfully complicated for a simple hit, Matos!"
Blue huffed.
"Especially considering I'm not here for the hit at all, and Jerome neither!"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2018, 10:23:00 PM »
The shock of the exploding child didn’t hit Obutsu right away. Instead, he saw his target and an opportunity. Even as Arjan began to turn the tank, Matos fired at his target.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Online Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »
Adeaze never saw the shot coming, and was still raising her hands above her head when Obutsu's round went through her chest. The VD 10-60 standard expanding round, optimized for range, accuracy, and damage took most of the contents of Adeaze's upper torso and deposited them in a spray across the hull of the shuttle. The black woman fell back from the force of the hit, rolled in the sand a few times and was still.

The screaming women and children all stopped their wailing and screaming and were simply silent. They stood and all looked at Adeaze's corpse, and then stopped moving. Completely.
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2018, 05:35:15 AM »
"Quick! They're in shock! Call an ambulance! Get the defibrillator! Administer sedatives!"
Blue chuckled and snickered and laughed.
Oh, I could use some myself.
"No, but really, the hell are they? And do I shoot the rest, just to be sure?"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
Jerome said nothing, but kept his eyes out, watching the drone feed.

"Don't shoot unless they make a move for you." said Jerome.  He really needed to get out of the mercenary business. How many lifetimes in purgatory now?

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »
"So what's next? We need to get into the shuttle, eh? That's what we came for, not some random corp lackey's private fecktoys who just stand around and explode on occasion."
Nothing happened.
"How boring is that? Do you think they just lie there while Adeaze does ... whatever it's that Adeaze was doing?"
Bored Blue is bored.
"You sure I can't shoot a few to provoke *some* reaction? Wait. Aren't those the lady bots we're supposed to recover? Seems pretty much like it."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:04:47 AM by EchoMirage »

Online Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
Arjan is quiet, this wasn't the mission that she expected. The thrill-killers, horrors by the sea, monsters; that was totally expected. Seeing the target blown away so easily, that wasn't expected. The pregnant women and the children, they were not expected. The child gleefully hugging a killing machine and exploding like a warhead, that wasn't expected.

'This is my mission, bring you here and let you do whatever you are here to do, and to bring whatever back,' she said, 'lets get moving'
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »
"Exactly, captain Arjan ma'am, much appreciated."
Blue was spurred to action by her decisive prompt. Oh, that woman. I'd love to have *her* tell me what to do. On the right occasion, with the right lighting. Oh, I'd be her b!tch.
"I'll take a look, cover me."
Blue cautiously moved out, activating the wrist computer and looking for any network that may be projected by either shuttle or anything in the vicinity - there may be a clue, or something that may respond to the simple icebreakers and decryption software the computer could bring to bear. Blue was no netrunner, but skilled enough to meddle with poorly secured systems.

Ever on the lookout for any further explosive children, the neo-ethnic approached the shuttle, looking for any control tools for ... whatever these inhuman entities were. If any would-be suicide bombs were to approach, it would be child's play to sweep them aside with the proverbial flick of a telekinetic wrist, especially with how the lake hummed with power.

"Good harem, don't mind me, I am just passing by"
Search for any control for the presumed pleasure bots, look around, and if possible look at what's left of Adeaze. There may be a remote or something. Execute self-defense if needed.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2018, 08:42:13 PM »
Jerome shook his head and got up as well.  He retrieved one of his little skuttling blastbots and powered it up.  He set it to manual targeting, linked to his spotting laser.

He followed blue, hoping none of the kids thought he was as approachable as ol' skullface was. 

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »
"Uhm, Jerome, there's no sign of a signal or network, these things aren't projecting anything either. How did Adeaze control them? Magic?"
Blue was well aware of the irony of the statement, being a psyker.
"I can't do any control magic, all I can do is ask them nicely." The neo-ethnic smirked, and turned to the group of droids. "Now, I don't mean to impose, but if you would be so nice, and assist us? I would need you adorable children - yes, you, you, and you lot - to move to the comfy storage pod, we're going on a ride and don't want you to bump your cute little warheads. You, ladies, could you assist us in loading the goods from the shuttle into our fancy tank as well as your condition allows, and then find a comfortable spot therein? And don't be scared of Jerome and Joao, they're just big and huggable if you get to know them. Jerome, Joao, please smile and wave. Thank you! Just follow my lead, and we'll have all the stuff loaded in no time."

Blue proceeded to pilfer the goods that were the whole reason for coming here in the first place, then hauled other crates, while being as instructional as a self-centered nutcase could ever be. This didn't prevent the neo-ethnic from teasingly bending over with a crate or whatever when Joao had a good view of that glorious behind. A little teasing would do him good.

After we've finished loading, I'll also check whether (the rest of) Adeaze has anything cool in her pockets.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:02:38 AM by EchoMirage »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »
"I'll pass on waving, " said Jerome as he covered Blue during his work. 

Jerome didn't have a problem with cyberware - its what kept him alive after all, but seeing these _things_. He was used to his machines - all mechanical, no organics, no soul, nor ever to get one. These things - robots wrapped in flesh, were monsters, undead.  A blasphemy.  But, he had to grit his teeth and bear it.  He had to.  He needed the money.  Crusades are not won by the dead.

He directed his flying eye well away from the - things - going in wider and wider circles to watch for incoming threats.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:27:28 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
The warhead children are happy and quickly do what Blue says, and they are very much like real children, and are seemingly excited by Blue's appearance and modifications. The pregnant women also do what they are asked to do, grumbling a bit but still doing it. Behind their bright eyes and vacant expressions, Blue can feel that they are hollow. Almost like costumes prancing about while they are being watched. The various crates and containers are loaded in the turbo tank, while Arjan scowls at the women.

Adeaze's pockets turned up a few things, a fancy slate PDA, some smart jewelry, an encrypted phone, and a strange synthetic plastic sphere. When Blue picks the sphere up, roughly the size of a billiards ball. It flickers to life, a spray of glitter and chrome like bright colors play across its surface. Pretty.

'Was your job to kill the woman,' Arjan asked Matos

Jerome's feed was clear, there weren't any threats nearby. One drone had spotted the distant dropship they shot down earlier was being picked over by the wastelanders, and he could see that they had not chosen to take any prisoners alive. It looked like they were eating the two thrill killers they left behind, cooking them over the wreckage of their own dropship.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2018, 09:44:57 AM »
Jerome shuddered. @!#$ he hated this place.  He would give a lot to get back off this d**n rock.  Even with the assist of his flight-suit's servos he still found the earth-normal gravity oppressive.

He wondered what the pregnant _things_ were carrying. More little bombs perhaps, or something completely organic.  Could one of these things give birth to a full-organic? Probably.

He snapped his attention back to the here and now.  What the hell was that Blue picked up?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:44:27 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Blue examined the sphere as well. Ooo, shiny! Smooth! And suspicious!
The neo-ethnic first looked away from the ting, towards the screen, in case the computer's sensors picked up anything.
Is there a network, interface, or anything else surrounding the wonderful sphere? If not, I'm going to examine it via oculometry, because throwing it away in case it's a bomb or some hypnotic nonsense would be boring (though honestly, the proper reaction would be to throw it away).

Online Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »
Blue could their body relax, and their mind calm holding the sphere. The play of lights and color across it's smooth surface were captivating. It flowed into fractal patterns that very quickly flowed into the same hypnotic wave forms that Blue experienced at the Sea of Victoria.

Arjan looked quizzically at Blue, but shrugs. Blue calm was better than Blue carrying on and doing that half singing half talking lilting speech thing, it had a charming sound, but she felt like someone listening to an ongoing inside joke made into a song.

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2018, 06:08:50 AM »
"I could chill out to this" Blue mused, then tucked the globe away. There was time for chilling later. Possibly. Hopefully. With some weapons of mass destruction at their hand, the chill aspect of their future may be scarce, sparse, and hard to come by. Not in abundance. At a premium. Few and far between and in short supply.
Or, they could just dump the merchandise and be done with it.

There was something that was preventing Blue from arriving at a reasonable conclusion. The head-fuzz had proliferated. Blue withdrew to dine upon the blessed fruits of the pharmaceutical industry. They would gradually begin to reinstate Blue's inner centre, fix the leaks in the roof of the temple of the soul.
Some effects were immediate - so did the anxiety at not having the medication in the first place pass from Blue, a visible relief suddenly plastered over the previously strained face.
Non-alcoholic brewski in hand, Blue sat in the tank's shade, and chirped towards the other two mercs: "So. We're loaded up. I hope that our customer will not mind the sexbots being knocked up, with explosives or worse. Really, what a waste of a good sex toy. Perverted, even. Anyway, are we heading back, or does anyone have a better idea? I personally do like Cairo a bit, and wouldn't like to see it detonated, which may well happen in case anyone makes these beauties blow. Jerome, does the military have any weapon-grade gynecologists, who could take a peek up their snatch, and check whether there's a big red button inside? Why would we even want to know? Do we care? Is the money good enough now that we know that these things can deliver more than grade-A fellatio? Do we want to use them to topple a corporation or two?"
Blue took another sip.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2018, 01:08:55 PM »
Jerome looked at Blue, as if seeing him for the first time.  He had been so focused on the mission, and the money, that things were cloudy.

What kind of Devil's handywork would he be helping if he brought these in.  Already too much had transpired.

Combat bots were his specialty, even though he had never been involved with these flesh-things.  Maybe he could figure it out.

"Can I take a look at that slate you - picked up?"  Doubtless the biometrics wouldn't accept him, but it was worth a try. He could try to Flash it but that would take more time then they likely had.

"I get the feeling our deal with the Fixer was, well, just words.  This is some serious s**t here, and they will likely as not try to erase us since we've done the messy bit."  He needed to get back to his contacts. Where did these come from?

"Not sure Blue, all the bots I dealt with were straightforward affairs like Tom," he gestured to the smoking crater that marked Tom's recent demise. Or was it Jerry?

"But someone would be very interested in these for sure. " The standard military, not so much. But special operations?  What targets would be vulnerable to sentiment, and not scan for hardware?

He took a look at his radiation detector - integral to the suit.  It normally only reported threatening levels of hard radiation and ignored lower levels, including those of nuclear munitions.  Now he was looking. Gamma. Neutron. Tetrahertz.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2018, 01:17:51 PM »
"Sure, here it is" Blue passed the slate. "Tell me if there's anything interesting - especially any naked photos. For research purposes, of course."
"You know, I'll have to move if we don't bring these in. Boss Ellington will torch my place if he thinks I ran away with his merch. With me in it, if I happen to be there. I kinda liked playing the Genie. Over-the-top, but ever so entertaining. I'd even do a genuine good deed on occasion! Imagine!"

Online Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
Jerome's eyes bulged as he read his rad detector, the readings were crazy, the waves looped back in on themselves, folding and forming to fractal patterns. One of the pregnant mobile mines was emitting 'strange radiation', the sort of thing that seeped from arcanotech weapons, the weird things. He didn't recognize the wave form, and neither did his rad detector. It blinked alarmingly. Adeaze's tablet was absurdly easy to hack, especially since her hands were intact and good for a biometric access. The slate was full of games, a large amount of selfies and autoerotic porn.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
"Oh @!#$. @!#$, @!#$." said Jerome.   

Stop. Get Calm. The 'ladies' are watching.

This was hotter then anything he had expected.  If they had carried a nuke, that would have been one thing.  These, well, were walking apocalypses.

Jerome made a point of recording the settings and the video.  Wordlessly he prepared a dead-mans message to be sent to key military contacts should he die.  Jerome still cared about this world enough for that.

Now what?  Any doubts he had about them being burned at the first chance by their 'employers' had evaporated.

Wordlessly also, he directed a few commands to his blast-bot in the cargo bay of the tank. Not to detonate, but on standby.  That plus his other cargo should turn the tank and its contents into shrapnel.

"Blue, I think you were @!#$ed the second you signed up. They are going to erase us.  Maybe even Doc. E. Maybe that idiot back at the bar.
Slate shows her as an air-head, though I expect she has hidden stuff deeper then I can find."

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2018, 07:21:06 AM »
"Oh, sweet Jerome, I've been f*cked since the day I was made, so nothing new here." Blue shrugged. SNAFU was a way of life, Charlie Foxtrot a frequent guest. You wrest your highs from life's grasp where you can, and slog through the suck.
"I feel a profound need to spite those who would have used us, ideally by depriving them of their enticing merchandise. You seem like the military type - do you have any somewhat ethical military contacts who might take these off our hands? I myself know a few anarch cells and libertarian groups with the tech savvy to handle them, though you know well - these ladies constitute power, and power wants to be used. There may be someone willing to disassemble them, though most would know of a target to use them upon. Hell, I might know, and it is ever so tempting to not do so. Hell, I revise what I said - can we use them, please? Just a corp or two? Or three? Blown into infinity of tiny pieces, floating free?"
Blue gave Jerome the best 'can we daddy please' look that Blue could muster.
The soldier seemed not all too receptive to this train of thought.
Blue swatted him: "Oh, come on! It would be fun! But if you don't want to, I am also happy with just depriving the buggers in Cairo of the ladies. Just less happy. Content, perhaps."

Blue then strolled over to Arjan, gaze lowered apologetically. "Most beautiful of Amazons, I am desolate to tell you - given what we have learned, back in Cairo, Death already sharpens its blade, for us all, and you by association. It may be best to abscond along with us, to the relative safety of flight as compared to the absolute certainty of demise?"

Also, if anyone knows a reason to *not* shoot LV in the face, tell me now, otherwise I'll do it in my next post.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »
"I'll need to check. Carefully. Some in the military would just tac-nuke our location if they knew what we had.

Do you have any bolt-holes you can trust?  I'll need to bounce this message a lot not to give someone a coordinate to blast and that will take time."

It was too bad that the woman had been waxed. It might have been really useful to know what she did.....

Jerome took another look at the tablet.  He started to try and access its audio/video command history and the keyboard buffer, looking to see what the tablet saw and heard before its owner's demise. All of these things kept tabs...

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
"Tac-nuking our current location would be unwise - with the assembled sisterhood, this would tear a hole right through the thin fabric upon which reality resides, and, like a boat punctured, cause it to sink beneath the chaos and tumultuous brodem upon which it resides."
Without warning, Blue whipped out the handgun previously calmly residing at the hip, and shot the curiously listening eLVee in the face.
"Should have done so earlier. Can't tell whether she has an uplink or something. Might just tattle, down the road. Now she can't and shan't."
Without pausing, Blue put the gun away, and laid out plans to Jerome:
"With keys as these, many doors will open, yet the hospitality beyond them varies, and determines upon which we should knock.
There is a warrior maiden by the name of Malezzia in Naples, Europe's southern gate, who would offer us aid in employing the ladies for their intended purpose, and would know targets aplenty. A feisty one she is, with a deep font of anger, ever indignant at the misconducts of our corporate overlords. Ah, the fireworks she can imagine I would love to see. Plus, I hear her passion extends to carnal pursuits as well, which may be an upside should you be so inclined."
Blue nudged Jerome: "This is where you're supposed to say 'Oh yes' and 'Speak no further' and head with me to Italy."
Then, a shrug.
"I can tell you of other ideas I have. First, if I had enough whipped cream, pudding, ice cream, and fruit, I could make you into a great sundae, that stern face of yours peering forth from between pineapple slices, silently judging anyone who's about to indulge in those delicious calories. Other than that, I know a man in Mogadishu, Arthur Clarke, who's in the discreet shipping business, and in the ship-acquiring business. A smuggler and pirate, fiercely independent. Might help us hide if the money is right. I do have a hideout in the region as well, a private lair of sorts, humble but concealed.
There's also Jens Vanderbilt in the New Boer protectorate, right in Pretoria. Disgraced professor, as far as I know, once with the Trojan corp or another Moloch, if rumours are to be believed. Experienced in robotics and transhumanity, from what I can tell. He paid me for the opportunity to sequence me, and for a few tests on the psi side of me. Called me 'marvelous' - and I am so not immune to flattery. Idealist, at least portrays himself so - and these sharp peepers haven't seen anything to the contrary. He might be our best hope to have the ordnance disassembled and put to a useful purpose - generators, or what-have-you." 

"As for the problem of traceability, there are countless places in Africa where *something* went wrong, and the background is hot enough to prevent localisation. The side effect is obvious - something went *wrong* there, and aberrations and other  phenomena abound."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:18:39 AM by EchoMirage »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2018, 08:45:23 AM »
"Still wouldn't put it past them. They've done something like it before.."  Jerome trailed off.

"We should move. Now.  Of all this Jens sounds the best to me. At least buy some time while I investigate other channels.  Captain, can we avail ourselves a bit longer? I'm afraid we need your assistance further."

Meanwhile, he set his supply depot back at Cairo to active defense. A fancy name for a storage locker, but now the few bots contained within were on alert. And armed.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »
'Then let's move our behinds, lest nuclear spanking be upon them."
Blue hopped into the tank.