llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Silk Road Act 1: Old Cairo  (Read 3106 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
Re: The Silk Road Act 1: Old Cairo
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2018, 10:24:56 AM »
João shifted. "Don't have much time for hobbies. When I do go home, I run the capoeira dojo. Takes up most of my spare time."

He was quiet for a long moment, tapping his mechanical fingers against his arm. "I have done some shodo. Calligraphy. I decorate the dojo with it. Makes it less, ah, enfadonho. Less wearisome. Living in the shadow of the arco weighs on you. Calligraphy lifts you out some, yeah?"
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2018, 04:41:35 PM »
'You are all gek,' LV says, the current hip way to say crazy.

The drive across the salt pan is thankfully uneventful. The large tires make quick time across the salt, and in less than an hour they come within sight of the downed cargo shuttle. Arjan has picked it up on her tank's forward scanner, the only remnant of the cab over gun it used to have.

'The bird is ahead, about three miles,' she says. 'Sweeper is picking up either some really large pieces of mycop, what you say, trash? or might be speeder bikes, but it is small'

" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »
Jerome popped his head up, using the integrated optics in his helm.  "Range and bearing on our junk, Captain?"

During the interval he had rebuilt his camera drone - he had enough parts to build a couple if needed.  He had also made sure to keep his hyperpneumatic SMG nearby as well, and took off its velocity governor.  No need to worry about punching accidental holes in a space station or ship.

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2018, 09:40:24 PM »
Dead ahead Captain Clanker, Arjan shouted at him, and 15000 feet
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2018, 05:27:38 AM »
"Gek? Joao, why does it speak?" Blue waved the Glock in LV's general direction, admonishing her: "How dare you pass judgment? Don't you know passing judgment is reserved for the Lord and for those who don't stupidly get beaten up while charging a tank on horseback? F!ck!"
Having gotten that off the chest, Blue concluded, somewhat calmer: "Don't piss of the gek, or the gek geks you up."

With that, Blue focused on Joao again, whispering from ten inches away for added privacy. "Personal space invader here. I got it figured out. You're very centered, Joao - you're very humble and centered. See, me, I want things all the time, fiercely so. Delicacies. Fun. Nookie. And when someone pisses me of, I wish to see them f!cked to death with a chainsaw, and set on fire, and the discrepancy between Ist-Zustand and Soll-Zustand is like a discordant note, roaring as loudly as the Sun. This lends itself to projective psionics, like flipping tables. I am too full of myself to do well at receptive psi, like telepathy, it's too loud in here." Blue tapped a temple.  "You have a very clear idea what the world should be, and have closed your mind against its corruption. But to perceive, you have to open your eyes, even if you risk getting a little sand in them from time to time. Or a flying wiener, can't dismiss the possibility of those. A wench threw her toy at me once, hit me right in the eye. This still doesn't keep me from opening my eyes, understood?"
Grinning at this excellent explanation of the nature of reality, Blue looked for understanding on Joao's face.
Just to be on the safe side, the neo-ethnic added: "But calligraphy is a pretty thing, too."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »
"Okay, what do we have here?" said Jerome as he focused his optics ahead. 

Jerome had a strong dislike for psi, but it was in the same bucket as poison gas and bioweapons. He would never use them, but that did not mean he had to be blind to them, nor underestimate them.  Blue's recent demonstration showed the folly in that.

He quickly switched between visible, infrared and ultraviolet as he scanned.  Sometimes the weird stuff would only show in ultraviolet.

"Any of you picking up anything weird? " - they had given a useful heads up before.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
"I'm not picking up anything weird - Joao is too heavy, I'm not touching LV, and I can't lift myself, tried that."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »
João shrugged. "Nada. Don't know how to, ah, really listen for it anyway. Still, if this is the spot, my target might be close. Maybe we should scout it out, yeah?"
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2018, 08:28:03 AM »
Arjan drove the turbo tank towards the downed shuttle, approaching cautiously. As they closed on the craft there was sign of at least one obvious fight, maybe even two. The shuttle was mostly intact, but it had been peppered with small arms fire. Several hoverbikes were scattered around the shuttle, most of their riders were still there, also on the ground. Judging from the bloating and stench, they had been dead for a while, they must have shown up hellaciously early to be this decomposed. There were a number of 'bots too, but they were just as shot up. This looked like a last man standing that went sideways.

There was a second shuttle, a formerly sleek and sexy private owned job. Formerly because it was shattered into a stunning number of pieces.

There was a camp set up in the shadow side of the shuttle, made from tattered clothing and broken pieces of the ship. There were easily a dozen people under the makeshift awning. Women, most of them looked pregnant, and there were more children with them. Mx Adeaze stood out like a sore thumb, her skin a glossy dark brown, while the women around her were all blondes, redheads, and a few had muted pink or purple hair, they were all decided caucasian. The children were the same, pale complexion and light colored hair.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
Matos squinted out the cockpit window. “Puta merda,” he muttered. “That’s her. Dozen human shields, too.” He called back, “Hey LV, you know what this is about?”
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
"Great, someone's @!#$ing harem."

Jerome suspected that the rider's might have brought the shuttle down, owing to their age.

"Lets take a really good look before we get out there."  Jerome activated his recently repaired camera drone and sent it out to scan.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
“Not too close,” Obutsu warned. “Been here long enough that they could have proximity alarms set up. Want this to go quietly if possible, yeah? One clean shot, then leave a distress beacon for the meninas. I didn’t sign up for a bloodbath.”
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
Mx Adeaze has a sidearm and points it at the turbo tank as it rolls closer to the perimeter.

'Who are you, who sent you!' she shouts, holding the gun out in front of her, seemingly oblivious to the futility of a pistol versus an oversized APC

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2018, 04:56:36 AM »
Blue looked, mouth slightly ajar, at the assembly of motherly women, heavy with child, and muttered: "Drat. I guess this is my fetish now. d**n you, Adeaze, do you have any idea how much keeping such a family costs? I bet you do, you filthy moneybag."

Blue's head hurt; the neo-ethnic was painfully aware of the stress the discrepancy between desire and pragmatism caused. Blue wanted nothing more than to shoot Adeaze in the face (f!cking corp lamprey, take this, and that, you being two-faced means I have to shoot you in the face twice?) and to run off with a heap of drugs and women, laughing. A truckload of both. Pragmatism demanded to be more thoughtful about all of the above, lest Charlie-Foxtrot take over.

To catalyse the tension, Blue barked at LV "Wench, you were spoken to, by the distinguished gentleman that is Joao, so please be so kind and reply, yes?"

Recomposed, Blue added: "Jerome, you're all soldier-y and tactical. Do we just go for the shuttle and the goods inside, or do we get rid of Adeaze first? I could end her, but I guess Joao would not want to calculate the conversion rate between back rubs and murder, so... what next?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:53:39 PM by EchoMirage »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2018, 02:56:58 PM »
Quickly, Jerome asked.

"Remind me again why she has to die? - Or, as the case may be, how much?"

He hadn't signed up quite for this, though if she shot first..

"Lets see if we can avoid any fireworks..."

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:20:03 AM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2018, 11:51:02 AM »
"Because that's the job," Matos said flatly. He checked his mag pistol. "Blue, can you keep her distracted? Maybe mess with her head?" He nodded to Jerome. "You still got those drones flying, yeah? I'm gonna get into a firing position from the cargo bay. Give me a minute to set up, then buzz by Adaeze's head. Then I'll take the shot."

He looked around quickly. "Good enough plan, yeah?"
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
Blue shrugged: "Cool. Let's kill that b!tch."
At the first opportunity, Blue would mess with Adeaze's head. With telekinesis, for telepathy was not one of Blue's gifts.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »
Jerome sighed.  More ages in purgatory.

"I think you'll be fine without my Drone as target practice.  It's worth more as eyes.  I think there is still more we aren't seeing. Seems too easy.."

With that, Jerome directed the drone to sweep its cameras into the areas they couldn't see from the tank.

"Jerry, step out and wave."  Jerome ordered. The Bots skeletal appearance would likely solve a couple problems. Scatter the kids and draw her fire. The pistol was unlikely to even damage the skelebot, even if she was lucky.

And, she would have fired first...

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2018, 10:18:40 AM »
At Jerome's command Jerry clanked out and gave a bizarre wave that was somewhere between a parade queen's rotating hand and a vaguely Nazi-like salute.

Rather than scattering, one of the children let out a cry of delight and started running towards Jerry like Jerry was his long lost father

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2018, 08:35:47 AM »
Obutsu loaded the VD 10-60 as he rushed into the cargo bay, the sun beating down from the slate sky above. He quietly scaled the mecha legs, trying to keep out of sight while getting a vantage point on Mx Adaeze.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
From a reasonably safe position at the door's edge, Blue peeked out and asked the waves of the River to push Adeaze around slightly - a slap or five would distract their prey long enough for Joao to get his kill.
Then, it would be off to the land of quality medicine and good sleep.
Perhaps some of the harem would appreciate their liberation, and agree to show the neo-ethnic a good time.
Blue could hardly wait.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »
Blue's TK slap knocked Adeaze off balance and she lost her grip on the pistol. A wave of fear washed across her face, because for what seemed like the 45th time in the last week, she had lost control of the situation, not that she had much to begin with. She saw the small child reach the skeletron and when it did, she gave up thoughts of going after the gun and instead ducked for cover.

The child, a joyous expression on its face wrapped it's arms around Jerry's leg and exploded. A flash of light, ears popping and ringing, and the feeling of a shockwave.

Pieces of the skeletron peppered the turbo tank, the downed shuttle, and scattered like hail around where Jerry had stood.

The women and children all ducked and screamed, Adeaze covered her head and wept

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2018, 08:47:36 PM »
"Jesus Christ!" shouted Jerome.  He quickly switched on infrared overlay.  Were all the kids bots?

"Put some more distance between us and them Captain."

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2018, 10:50:58 AM »
"Blue reporting - Adeaze has been messed with, she's a mess and this whole thing's a mess. I guess I'll man the gun again, and mess things up further."
The neo-ethnic hauled some blue behind up the ladder, and sat at the machine gun's handles again. "Perhaps one day, I'll actually press the trigger!"
"Joao, you still want to kill Adeaze yourself, or can I just spray the whole thing?"
Depending on what Joao says (or if Jerome has some input that would sway Blue's reasoning on this:
> either Blue will just shoot anything that seems hostile and approaches, or
> shoot at anything that moves, and spray Adeaze's position liberally.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
Arjan put the turbo tank in reverse and backed away from the downed shuttle. She shouted something, in a pastiche of Russian and trade-speak, something about whores, bullets, and... a casserole made out of @!#$?

Jerome's scope didn't indicate that there were any robots among the crowd of cowering women and children, they were all organic.

Adeaze seemed to be giving up, raising her hands in the air